Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Run Giveaways: The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
Hey everyone!

I've decided to start this new thread where I will update it with every new community created giveaway. The below list will include just the name of the generous community member who is hosting the giveaway with a link to their particular thread. This list will be updated once the giveaways have been completed.

If you have a giveaway occurring please comment in this thread with a link to your thread and I will update my list (your comment will be deleted once its been added.)

I want to state that these are not at all approved or done in association with EA / Maxis. When you enter these giveaways any issue you may have should be taken up with the Original Poster of that particular giveaway thread. This thread is simply to make it easier for members to find giveaways for upcoming content.
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited April 2017
    Before I saw this my giveaway was done. I dislike the fact that if I offer a giveaway I can't gift to someone outside US and to me that is discriminating. I have to go to another site like Game Stop or Amazon and give my money there. Can't really have giveaways if I can't include everyone. I would pay the extra cost for outside US if giving the prize. Please try to straighten out this discrimination @SimGuruDrake
    Post edited by jimmysnan on
  • ZsoltyZsolty Posts: 10 New Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Before I saw this my giveaway was done. I dislike the fact that if I offer a giveaway I can't gift to someone outside US and to me that is discriminating. I have to go to another site like Game Stop or Amazon and give my money there. Can't really have giveaways if I can't include everyone. I would pay the extra cost for outside US if giving the prize. Please try to straighten out this discrimination.

What do you mean, people can't gift outsiders here?
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @Zsolty you can't gift anyone out side your country on origin
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

What if the Origin account is set as US?
    Zsolty wrote: »

What if the Origin account is set as US?

You can give to the country you are from. I will not make my gifts to just the US I will get the gift on Amazon. Forget Origin
    Before I saw this my giveaway was done. I dislike the fact that if I offer a giveaway I can't gift to someone outside US and to me that is discriminating. I have to go to another site like Game Stop or Amazon and give my money there. Can't really have giveaways if I can't include everyone. I would pay the extra cost for outside US if giving the prize. Please try to straighten out this discrimination.

You can't gift outside your country.

I was told when I went to Origin help because I was unable to give a gift from my giveaway, that I was unable to gift it because it was outside the country I was from. I told the guy I would pay the extra if that is what it too and was told that it could not happen. I think that discriminates. There is no way I will descriminate in a giveaway. I will either buy elsewhere, or not gift. They lose.
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Dear EA, please also consider sale of Origin cash card in more countries. It will allow more flexibility in terms of payment and probably increase sales. Thank you.

I was told when I went to Origin help because I was unable to give a gift from my giveaway, that I was unable to gift it because it was outside the country I was from. I told the guy I would pay the extra if that is what it too and was told that it could not happen. I think that discriminates. There is no way I will descriminate in a giveaway. I will either buy elsewhere, or not gift. They lose.

shame, wow
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Before I saw this my giveaway was done. I dislike the fact that if I offer a giveaway I can't gift to someone outside US and to me that is discriminating. I have to go to another site like Game Stop or Amazon and give my money there. Can't really have giveaways if I can't include everyone. I would pay the extra cost for outside US if giving the prize. Please try to straighten out this discrimination @SimGuruDrake

The decision to not have gifting available outside of the country you are in is due to price difference from currency conversion. I am not part of the Origin team so I have zero say in what they do on their platform but I can understand the decision for this as it is similar to region restrictions for gifting on platforms like Steam.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruDrake I went to Gamestop yesterday and she (cashier) said she would feel uncomfortable selling the bowling pack to me. Apparently its a code that you use thru origin. She explained to me the same thing you said, prices are different in other countries. I went to other stores, and check daily online also, and no one has it out yet? Why is that? I think the stores are getting away from selling them due to them only having codes in the box. Sad really!

I did offer this person a code for supernatural and/or ITF because I see she plays Sims3 still. I have always been one to pick up packs (codes) IN the store instead of online. I am not really comfortable with online purchases. Even though I wasn't sure it would work, I still feel bad for trying (I had money in my EA wallet from a Sims4 cash card I bought IN the store). This is really stressful for me. I am waiting for Origin to ask me to rate them again, because they will get an ear full!

I raised a question (and made a thread) about gifting Seasons in S3 to someone in another country. She said she got the code and it worked for her. I never saw any pics of the seasons, but she said it worked. I wonder if it is because you can gift worlds thru the store, where we have NO store for S4? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but the different prices do make sense, but we should be made to where we have the choice to pay extra for other countries if we choose to.

I requested a name change twice (a year ago? and recently), but please disregard that. The names I wanted are no longer fitting. My gifting days are far and few between now because of the issues this has caused (SP ads don't even pay out anymore in S3). IF I prefer to gift in the future, I will make sure I have the Code in my hands, LOL

*rant over, please carry on*
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have tried to gift as well. It is a real pain in the butt. It is not happening. You can't use your wallet because it is tied to your game. You can't gift to other countries unless you have a code. The new gift cards say US only. Now who is going to put up a drawing for their country only? It makes absolutely no sense. So much for the generosity of the simmers and additional revenue for EA. I gifted a lot of nice gifts in Sims 3, but not anymore.

I realize this has nothing to do with you, but it would be nice if they could look into this a little more and see if they could find a better option.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2017
    I think hardest part with some packs being DLC only is that most retailers don't want to deal with DLC. I did do a giveaway recently for #BobSquad and because the bowling pack wasn't released in most retailers, I ended up gifting another pack instead so I could share a code. If Maxis is to make more sales, there does need to be an international option for giveaways even if it requires a special card that Simmers have to pay more for. If anything, this is making me dislike Origin even more as a gaming engine. There are a lot of scam sites out there that will sell game codes and end up not delivering on the product. It just would be nice if there was a safe way for Simmers to be generous to each other, that's all.

But anyway, thanks for providing a giveaway section for forums @SimGuruDrake. I know it has been lovely having a section on discord for it. I think it is a good way for the community to bond more. I was tempted to advertise my giveaway here too.

Also good news Bowling Night Stuff is available on Amazon now for those doing the giveaways. :)
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I hear that STEAM doesn't resritct on countries despite currency so people can still gift..it's only ORIGIN which does..
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake I hear that STEAM doesn't resritct on countries despite currency so people can still gift..it's only ORIGIN which does..

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-QFZC-2141#gifts
    according to someone's other thread...that's a minor issue
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Okay, I do have a question: Is it locked by country or by region? Eg. I'm in Canada and while I can understand not being able to gift to, say, someone in Australia, could I gift to someone down in the USA? From what I've read, most Steam games don't have that issue as they would be in the same region.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    Okay, I do have a question: Is it locked by country or by region? Eg. I'm in Canada and while I can understand not being able to gift to, say, someone in Australia, could I gift to someone down in the USA? From what I've read, most Steam games don't have that issue as they would be in the same region.

Nope since someone I can't remember his name.. wanted to gift me some packs but he lives in the U.S. and I live in Canada
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I've seen what you did here, Drake:)
    But, I'll keep it a secret for now:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

Lol same here.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I won't
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Lol same here.

shhhhhh it never happened... ;)
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Im not telling :P