Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK... That's It I'm So Ready For....

2...Next

Comments

• blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm afraid Seasons would be a terrible, glitchy mess. As much as I'd love it, I would be very hesitant to buy it. It lagged in 3, and I can only imagine what it would do to 4.

Seasons does not lag in TS3 so I don't know where you got that from.

But I would be surprised if they manage to get Seasons to work for TS4 though, at the very best you would get some FX type animations of what ever they are called. It looks like it is raining but really it is not rain...

But even in the best rain simulator... the rain would still have to be FX.... it's a game.... the rain cannot really be rain....
    I'm sure the rain will have functionality as well, ie. puddles. What more could you really ask for from rain? I have faith the devs won't screw up something as straight forward as a little precipitation.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I don't think that things like seasons are possible in the worlds already in the game at all, I've heard that they can't change anything about them because it would mess up everyone's saves. But I would be totally fine with a Seasons ep with some vacation worlds, like a winter landscape, a tropical island, etc.
    And, to be honest, I wouldn't like a seasons expansion where I couldn't toggle off snow in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek, and if we think about it, this game isn't that great with toggles.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I also want seasons but I just hope they don't bring it to the game as late as they did in the sims 3. I am hoping that the next EP is pets and then after that is seasons.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I am also ready for seasons, and pets, university/school, more supernaturals and more vacation spots. B):D
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm afraid Seasons would be a terrible, glitchy mess. As much as I'd love it, I would be very hesitant to buy it. It lagged in 3, and I can only imagine what it would do to 4.

But I would be surprised if they manage to get Seasons to work for TS4 though, at the very best you would get some FX type animations of what ever they are called. It looks like it is raining but really it is not rain...
    Actually it depends on the weather type.
    Rain lags less than let's say, snow. It's all depending on the weather type and what one's PC can handle.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

Everything lagged in 3 though, for all its faults 4 is much more stable. It's the price we paid for open world :(

This should be called "How to start a sims 3 vs 4, 101 guide" :joy: that's a opinion that "everything" in the sims 3 lagged and that the sims 4 is "much more stable" when funnily enough a lot of people are having problems with the sims 4 including me so don't act like that is a fact.

It's not an opinion to say Sims 3 ran like plum, just about everyone had problems out of that game

Right tell me again who "everyone" is?? because I'm pretty sure this forum is filled with people complaining about the lag and bugs which the sims 4 has and no sweetie that's just your own opinion once again not a fact so quit the exaggeration that "everyone" has the problems you do!
    giphy_1.gif
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    I check the forums like every other day hoping for some kind of big announcement or more hints towards Seasons. I'm getting so impatient!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I check the forums like every other day hoping for some kind of big announcement or more hints towards Seasons. I'm getting so impatient!

Given that there's Pets code sitting in the game already, you might as well just take a break from doing that till after the probably Pets EP is released. Seasons would almost certainly have to be an EP for enough design and development budget, and it would almost certainly come later than a Pets EP that already has code sitting there.

FWIW, Seasons has come three and a half and three and three-quarters years into the game in the past. We're only two and a half years in now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member

Everything lagged in 3 though, for all its faults 4 is much more stable. It's the price we paid for open world :(

This should be called "How to start a sims 3 vs 4, 101 guide" :joy: that's a opinion that "everything" in the sims 3 lagged and that the sims 4 is "much more stable" when funnily enough a lot of people are having problems with the sims 4 including me so don't act like that is a fact.

It's not an opinion to say Sims 3 ran like plum, just about everyone had problems out of that game

Right tell me again who "everyone" is?? because I'm pretty sure this forum is filled with people complaining about the lag and bugs which the sims 4 has and no sweetie that's just your own opinion once again not a fact so quit the exaggeration that "everyone" has the problems you do!

Did you live under the rock since Sims 3 released? Performance issues are extremely common in that game especially with all expansions installed, EA themselves tell you in the Sims 3 Launcher to only install a couple at a time to avoid it.

Yeah issues exist in 4 as well but not nearly as bad, at least I'm not sitting at a loading screen for 10 minutes every time I load the game or go to a new neighborhood
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

Did you live under the rock since Sims 3 released? Performance issues are extremely common in that game especially with all expansions installed, EA themselves tell you in the Sims 3 Launcher to only install a couple at a time to avoid it.

Yeah issues exist in 4 as well but not nearly as bad, at least I'm not sitting at a loading screen for 10 minutes every time I load the game or go to a new neighborhood

1. reported for being rude and trolling towards me @SimGuruDrake

2. "EA themselves tell you in the Sims 3 Launcher to only install a couple at a time to avoid it" Yes depending on what computer you have seeing as a game with a variety of expansive features wouldn't run on that cheap pc from Walmart for $50, It's kind of obvious that a game with big features would run on a more expensive computer? Why do you think they made so many cuts in the sims 4? Oh yeah and people might have complained about the sims 3 so much that we all ended up with a game even worse, one that could literally run on a potato (I'm gonna post a video of the game playing on a really cheap pc seeing as it can) and for the record even limited more limited for everyone.

3. No hun you're not sitting at a loading screen for 10 minutes when your loading the game or go to a new neighbourhood are you? You're waiting 10 minutes each time you travel anywhere, 10 minutes when you visit your sims next door neighbour in their apartment, 10 minutes when you load cas, 10 minutes when loading the game? That all adds up. Honestly if I have to wait 10 minutes for the sims to load then not have anymore loading screens, so be it.

4. Oh and heres the video of the sims 4 literally running on the lowest specs ever
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0c4O865poY[/video]
    giphy_1.gif
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Rain is FX in 3 as well....

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yea, as well as snow.
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member

I am one of the lucky few then. Both my Sims 2 & Sims 3 games play perfectly (with every expansion too) Never had trouble with Seasons or Pets. In Island Paradise I had a slight lag when my Sim was under water, but otherwise it was great.

I'm finding that with each Sims 4 patch, I am getting lag & longer loading screens. I expect if pets & seasons comes out, this won't improve.

What monstrocity of a PC do you have that Sims 3 doesn't lag with every expansion installed? o-o

I play Sims 2, Sims 3 & Sims 4 on a Toshiba Qosmio laptop that is almost 4 years old. Each & every game plays perfectly -except for the underwater lag I get sometimes in Island Paradise.

I do notice the longer loading screens in Sims 4 & as I said, only expect them to get longer if Pets & Seasons are released. I also sometimes experience a 1 second or so 'freeze' -but it's not all the time I can't figure out why it happens. In all my Sims games I also have lots of CC installed.

Before this computer, I used an HP laptop that Sims 3 played perfectly on too. I still had the bit of a lag in Island Paradise, but everything else worked great. I still have that computer & Sims 3 is still installed on it. Each time I fire it up, it all works fine.

I also own an HP desktop that is less than a year old, but never liked my Sims games on a desktop. I'm more of a sit on the couch with my laptop kind of player ;-)
  • PoppenPoppen Posts: 85 Member
    The sims 3 never lagged for me, but then I dont own a lot of content for it, because it was never my cup of tea. However after the latest patch the sims 4 are becomming a pain to play. Im actually thinking about deserting the game for some Skyrim. My computer are fine and should be able to run the game.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I'm ready for seasons too!! :#
  • jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    This turned into a rant about how DLC deteriorated gameplay in the Sims 3. For all its flaws, I find it awfully hard to not love the playability of TS4. I rarely have terrible lag issues or crazy-long loading screens, and for that, I am grateful.

I seem to remember that Seasons in TS3 came with... seasonal weather (duh), new plantables, new clothing and animations for seasonal activities... but the biggie was the festivals. And, while they were cool, I'm okay with not having them. I just like seeing the seasons change. It feels silly to decorate my Sim-home for a holiday when I literally have no concept of the date in-game. It's probably in there somewhere, but does anyone truly pay attention to it if it is?

So... that said, and call me crazy - it's appropriate -, what if Seasons was a game pack instead of an EP? Give me... seasonable harvestables, seasonal weather, a few new clothing options... and maybe a new neighborhood for all the seasonal stuff I'll be doing, I suppose. That's good, y'all. That's all I really want. Let me be a digital farmer and make snow angels, EA. #goals
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    Poppen wrote: »
    The sims 3 never lagged for me, but then I dont own a lot of content for it, because it was never my cup of tea. However after the latest patch the sims 4 are becomming a pain to play. Im actually thinking about deserting the game for some Skyrim. My computer are fine and should be able to run the game.

After the latest patch, my game is beginning to get frustratingly unplayable too. My son's purpose built handing pc (which I currently use to play TS4) has no problems handling any other CPU heavy game. Because I have been looking into causes and solutions, I have noticed just how many other players are having similar issues.
    I really want seasons too just to add.n
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I don't think that things like seasons are possible in the worlds already in the game at all, I've heard that they can't change anything about them because it would mess up everyone's saves. But I would be totally fine with a Seasons ep with some vacation worlds, like a winter landscape, a tropical island, etc.
    And, to be honest, I wouldn't like a seasons expansion where I couldn't toggle off snow in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek, and if we think about it, this game isn't that great with toggles.

They have only to recommend us to save our saves on the computer desktop.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

They have only to recommend us to save our saves on the computer desktop.

For what purpose? The saves would become unplayable when they would add seasons to the existing worlds, so everyone would need to start a completely new save for seasons to run, and I'm sure not everyone would be fine with that.

It was so often said that they can't change anything about the worlds already in the game, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they can't even fix a tree that is unroutable because of this, so how would they be able to do seasons?

What they can do is introduce new worlds in a seasons EP/GP that have weather effects, but the old worlds are finished and it's simply not possible to add seasons and/or weather effects to them.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I want Pets more, seeing as I'm a huge cat fanatic. I'm always keen on the idea of Seasons though, having a small kitten pouncing in the snow is making my heart melt!