Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK... That's It I'm So Ready For....

This game to have SEASONS.

Just had to get that out...
I miss having seasons and the things that the game offered with them.
WbUrFQm.png

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    leetamme wrote: »

Thought your title was referring to Bowling Night.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm afraid Seasons would be a terrible, glitchy mess. As much as I'd love it, I would be very hesitant to buy it. It lagged in 3, and I can only imagine what it would do to 4.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

I did as well.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    I hope we get Seasons this Fall but even that's far off from now. Right now I'm focusing on upcoming titles. Pets is likely soon and hopefully a Tropical Vacation Gamepack in July or August.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member

I did as well.

Next Time when I see a situation like that, simply leave. No trace. Also this post is DEFINITELY TROLL or TRAP.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

I did as well.

Next Time when I see a situation like that, simply leave. No trace. Also this post is DEFINITELY TROLL or TRAP.

Suprised it hasn't been moved to Ideas.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Me too! I am really missing seasons!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I'm afraid Seasons would be a terrible, glitchy mess. As much as I'd love it, I would be very hesitant to buy it. It lagged in 3, and I can only imagine what it would do to 4.

Seasons does not lag in TS3 so I don't know where you got that from.

But I would be surprised if they manage to get Seasons to work for TS4 though, at the very best you would get some FX type animations of what ever they are called. It looks like it is raining but really it is not rain...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Why do you think it wouldn't work in ts4? They would only have small areas to cope with.

I always imagined they would never do it in ts3 because of getting it to affect an entire open world, but they made a good job of it (and, no, it doesn't lag in my game either).
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member

Yeah, it was one of the less laggy EP's for me. And in TS2, it was completely fine.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

I did as well.

So did I. :p
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I still play 3. My newest computer doesn't lag, but when I had a top of the line computer (for the time) the snow lagged for me and others had mentioned it too. Given the bugs and issues that pop up in 4, I'm leery of just how well it could be accomplished.

And then could you set Oasis Spring to never snow? Or would the weather be the same regardless of location? While I do hope they accomplish it, I'm not placing any bets.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I want seasons as well.

Snow, rain ... I want weather.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I still play 3. My newest computer doesn't lag, but when I had a top of the line computer (for the time) the snow lagged for me and others had mentioned it too. Given the bugs and issues that pop up in 4, I'm leery of just how well it could be accomplished.

And then could you set Oasis Spring to never snow? Or would the weather be the same regardless of location? While I do hope they accomplish it, I'm not placing any bets.

There is snow in the desert, especially in higher elevations.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2017

There is snow in the desert, especially in higher elevations.

Yeah when I lived in So Cal, you could see snow on the mountains. And I was actually living in the desert. I would think it would be like TS2 and 3 where you set the seasons and how long they last? Seasons would make a lot of money, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
  • NetteNette Posts: 205 Member

Well, In previous sims games we could decide seasons for every town. I'm sure it will be similar if they decide to give us seasons.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I'm ready for people to stop clickbaity titles so I can avoid seeing the same threads pop up on here over and over again.

Agreed! Too add on to this I can't wait for the day that the Sim community realizes you can't build a game in one day! Now that would be grounds for a "National Holiday"....
  • DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member

Everything lagged in 3 though, for all its faults 4 is much more stable. It's the price we paid for open world :(
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

Everything lagged in 3 though, for all its faults 4 is much more stable. It's the price we paid for open world :(

This should be called "How to start a sims 3 vs 4, 101 guide" :joy: that's a opinion that "everything" in the sims 3 lagged and that the sims 4 is "much more stable" when funnily enough a lot of people are having problems with the sims 4 including me so don't act like that is a fact.
    giphy_1.gif
    Ciarassims wrote: »

This should be called "How to start a sims 3 vs 4, 101 guide" :joy: that's a opinion that "everything" in the sims 3 lagged and that the sims 4 is "much more stable" when funnily enough a lot of people are having problems with the sims 4 including me so don't act like that is a fact.

It's not an opinion to say Sims 3 ran like crap, just about everyone had problems out of that game
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member

It's not an opinion to say Sims 3 ran like plum, just about everyone had problems out of that game

I am one of the lucky few then. Both my Sims 2 & Sims 3 games play perfectly (with every expansion too) Never had trouble with Seasons or Pets. In Island Paradise I had a slight lag when my Sim was under water, but otherwise it was great.

I'm finding that with each Sims 4 patch, I am getting lag & longer loading screens. I expect if pets & seasons comes out, this won't improve.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

And I thought it was going to say THE SIMS 5!
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Did someone say grilled chee....
    *sorry wrong thread :*

It's not an opinion to say Sims 3 ran like plum, just about everyone had problems out of that game

I am one of the lucky few then. Both my Sims 2 & Sims 3 games play perfectly (with every expansion too) Never had trouble with Seasons or Pets. In Island Paradise I had a slight lag when my Sim was under water, but otherwise it was great.

I'm finding that with each Sims 4 patch, I am getting lag & longer loading screens. I expect if pets & seasons comes out, this won't improve.

What monstrocity of a PC do you have that Sims 3 doesn't lag with every expansion installed? o-o