Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

Comments

• princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2017
    wow im glad i didnt update my game. this thing is broken.
    im still at version 1.30, everything is fine except the clock going crazy when sims sleep and sometimes it wont let me skip trough the ultra speed when sims are sleeping when im playing in apartments.
    Post edited by princess_kaguya on
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »
    Good to know, since my kid wants TS4 (LOL), so unfortunately I'll need to buy this mess soon, but now I know NOT to get the vampire pack or later ones. :) (may as well give EA my $$, everybody else is...)

And by the way, I thought this game was supposed to be more stable than Sims 3? I have no issues hardly at all w/ Sims 3; any issues I've had in the past, I have fixed. Just sayin'.

Thing is mine broke at City Living. So really it's City Living onwards that can break your game.
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »
    My problems started with The Vampire Pack and older files do run much better. This last Update seems to have helped a bit with some of the problems I was having. Not enough to get me to start buying more Packs or building Lots for The Gallery which I used to enjoy. I feel this is programing problem with the Game Engine. Too much released at once and not enough beta testing as I mentioned in a similar Topic I started.
    They need to address all the problems before putting out new Packs which usually make things worse IMHO.
    Kind regards James.

Good to know, since my kid wants TS4 (LOL), so unfortunately I'll need to buy this mess soon, but now I know NOT to get the vampire pack or later ones. :) (may as well give EA my $$, everybody else is...)

And by the way, I thought this game was supposed to be more stable than Sims 3? I have no issues hardly at all w/ Sims 3; any issues I've had in the past, I have fixed. Just sayin'.

I just got the base game a couple months ago and didn't have most of the issues (hey they still do musical chairs). But as I add packs issues come in. So if you get your kid sims 4, just get orrigin pass and play it without packs. (It's like 5 or 6$ a month). ;]
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I've been experiencing some serious lag spikes. Like even TS3 wasn't even this bad and honestly I don't know what to do anymore. I can't tell where or when it started but at some point in time, the game has gradually become unplayable at times. And it doesn't seem to matter how old or how new the save is. I have a current household that's only a few months (two months at best) that's been getting some heavy lag every so often. It's almost like I have to wait for my game to get caught up. I don't like this. I don't like this at all.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    For a long time I was having an issue where time would jump back after using three speed, but today I've used it without incident. Not sure why that is. I'm a rotational player, but I doubt that glitch is subject to specific households, unless that particular glitch is possibly related to households with children. Haven't played a household with children in a while, and now that I think about it, I haven't had that issue.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    For a long time I was having an issue where time would jump back after using three speed, but today I've used it without incident. Not sure why that is. I'm a rotational player, but I doubt that glitch is subject to specific households, unless that particular glitch is possibly related to households with children. Haven't played a household with children in a while, and now that I think about it, I haven't had that issue.

Is this a new file? Thing is that x3 speed doesn't immediately cause lags and issues to pop up, but it can do so over time. You may play 2 weeks without incident, but afterwards you may begin to notice a sizeable universal delay with your actions that's all due to x3 speed.

If you care about the file, I'd stop using it immediately even if it feels fine. If you don't care about it and consider the file a throwaway of sorts, perhaps continue using it, see if anything happens, and if you actually can use x3 speed without issues arising, I would absolutely send that to SimGuruNick.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I just have the base game for nearly 8 months now (got it in the Christmas sale) and compared to when I got the game: it's a total mess nowadays. Even with autonomy off, I just can't control them. It feels incredibly sluggish and sometimes I have to FIGHT the game just to get them to do a certain action. The clock goes crazy every night and I don't even dare to fast forward the game.
    Worst of all, nothing has been done about these issues since the game launched... nstead we keep getting stuff packs. Fun.

• -Paige--Paige- Posts: 59 Member
    My game is on the verge of being unplayable. The lag is SO bad and my sims will stand around doing nothing for HOURS. They are late for work. They don't have anything in their inventories, there are no CCs, no Mods, AND I even cleared out all extra sims aside from what I play. Its getting ridiculous and I LOVE this game. I only had these issues since the toddler update.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    -Paige- wrote: »
    My game is on the verge of being unplayable. The lag is SO bad and my sims will stand around doing nothing for HOURS. They are late for work. They don't have anything in their inventories, there are no CCs, no Mods, AND I even cleared out all extra sims aside from what I play. Its getting ridiculous and I LOVE this game. I only had these issues since the toddler update.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Just a few other things to do to see if helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.
  • -Paige--Paige- Posts: 59 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Just a few other things to do to see if helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Thanks Rosemow, I'll test all these out this weekend and see if it helps. I thought it must be pretty bad when Sims 3 was running better than 4 haha

Hello

Thanks Rosemow, I'll test all these out this weekend and see if it helps. I thought it must be pretty bad when Sims 3 was running better than 4 haha

You're welcome :)
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    You're the best @rosemow
    I just love your attitude, I assume you don't have these bugs but you're all up in here anyway just trying to help and it's so beautiful!! You are in the running for the best human award, might take it no contest <3

While most of these suggestions don't fix these particular problems, some do provide a very temporary bandaid. (For me a game repair/folder refresh and a new save can keep me almost lag free for almost a full sim day!!) I just can't play the family I want to play, in the house I want to play in or have any kids ever... NBD haha.
    But all of these suggestions do fix a lot of other minor bugs that pop up or help if your machine can't handle the game anymore. Just great advice in general to keep a healthy game healthier or make a sick one a bit better.

I hate to admit it but I am now in agreeance that the Sims 3 runs better. *removes foot from mouth only to eat words* Aaaaah man S4, you had so much potential, so beautiful and playable... what happened?!
    I keep checking in for any news from the team... I'm not holding my breath but I don't want to give up until someone tells me that a fix isn't possible.

Instead they just acknowledge that kids are maybe/probably the problem and release another pack of stuff for kids...

PROVE ME WRONG!!! I'm begging you...
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    I bought Parenthood and Get Together few days ago and ever since my game has become pretty much unplayable. These are the last Sims 4 packs I'm going to buy. This just isn't acceptable.

8 a.m. lag is driving me nuts. I can only get the game running when I go to build mode and then back to live mode but that doesn't work all the time either. Sometimes the game refuses to stop, when I'm in build mode, but my sims keep doing things and chatting on the background. Of course time will reset it though.

Sometimes some of my sims get stuck, and I use resetsim and well, not even that get them unstuck. I need to close the game and start it again for my sims to start responding again.

Community lots, at least festivals are now totally unplayable. Before these packs/updates I had no issues with them. Now it's just so bad lagging that I can't have any control over my sims.

I've tried all fixes suggested, and nothing works. I created a new world and family, and I still have the same problem.

I'm an adult player and I don't have any patient for this kind of bs. If you want my money, make products that work.
    Hello
    I haven't tested it but there has been an updated version of the Simulation Lag fix mod released
    Perhaps simmers who are having these issues and use mods may like to test it
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598676
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > I haven't tested it but there has been an updated version of the Simulation Lag fix mod released
    > Perhaps simmers who are having these issues and use mods may like to test it
    > http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598676

I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work for me, at least not with this 8 a.m. bug.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > I haven't tested it but there has been an updated version of the Simulation Lag fix mod released
    > Perhaps simmers who are having these issues and use mods may like to test it
    > http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598676

I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work for me, at least not with this 8 a.m. bug.

Hello
    This is what another simmer helpfully suggested on another thread about the 8a.m.bug. Perhaps doing it may also help in your game?

Toreshinbo posted
    When it's almost time for school (around 7:50) make your window veeeery tiny. That way the game will snap back to it's usual rate. It might get stuck for a few seconds but that's it. When the kids are at school you can enlarge the window again :smile:
    I know it's an annoying workaround but at least it helps.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Have any of the gurus adressed this yet? The 8am bug is destroying all the fun for me. The clock goes crazy at night, i'm so desperate i think im just gonna lock the need decay in MCCC for all my sims and never have them sleep again until its fixed. I do remember experiencing this problem back in 2014, a lighter version of it sure but is there still no official EA stance?

I think i saw an updated simulation lag fix mod somewhere, oh well.
    edited August 2017
    agustd wrote: »
    Have any of the gurus adressed this yet? The 8am bug is destroying all the fun for me. The clock goes crazy at night, i'm so desperate i think im just gonna lock the need decay in MCCC for all my sims and never have them sleep again until its fixed. I do remember experiencing this problem back in 2014, a lighter version of it sure but is there still no official EA stance?

Hello
    This is the link to the updated Simulation lag fix mod
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    The lag fix mod is helping somewhat. This game is still very broken when it comes to the algorithm issues.
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    The lag fix mod is helping somewhat. This game is still very broken when it comes to the algorithm issues.

It is good to have the feedback that the mod is helping with the issues.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member

Hello

Thank you!

Hello

Thank you!

You're welcome :)
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Every so often I do get the T pose with some sims that I'm not playing with but it fixes itself when I go to a different lot and what not.
  • jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2017
    Random jingles still play. Simulation lag still happens. Watching the Kids Network still rules sims lives. Sims are so not smarter. They have all the seating options money can buy, yet still stand in front of the fridge to eat their meals. Festival outfits are still a mess. Yet to check if restaurants function properly now but lawd knows I'm not hopeful.

I'm so disappointed yo. I look forward to Patch Days as much as I do GPs & EPs. I see my Discussion, "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears About The Sims 4?" Has been blocked or something. Swept under the carpet. For why?
    Post edited by jonesboy22 on
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Still nothing for the 8am school bug
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top