Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is out

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I wish they'd kill the sims' ability to play musical chairs. All I want is for a group of friends to stay seated together like they do in real life and not constantly getting up and sitting with strangers!

This.

And strangers just coming up and joining my sims on dates. My married sim now has a romantic relationship with some strange girl who came over and barged in on my sims flirty conversation. I didn't want this sim to be gay. But she has the sweetheart status with her husband and a half bar with some random girl who now won't leave her the heck alone!

It's really sad that the sims 2 fixed this in apartment life and made sims behave more realistically in public but the sims 4 can't. Apparently a stranger is just a friend you haven't met.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I wish they'd kill the sims' ability to play musical chairs. All I want is for a group of friends to stay seated together like they do in real life and not constantly getting up and sitting with strangers!

This.

And strangers just coming up and joining my sims on dates. My married sim now has a romantic relationship with some strange girl who came over and barged in on my sims flirty conversation. I didn't want this sim to be gay. But she has the sweetheart status with her husband and a half bar with some random girl who now won't leave her the heck alone!

It's really sad that the sims 2 fixed this in apartment life and made sims behave more realistically in public but the sims 4 can't. Apparently a stranger is just a friend you haven't met.

I actually caught the eye of SimGuruNick over in this thread, and here's what he said about Musical chairs:
    Regarding musical chairs:

We've actually had 4 different fixes go in at this point, the most recent one being from the December 1st, 2016 patch ("Sims should switch seats less when there are other nearby seats available."). We actually don't have an active report on musical chairs anymore, because I hadn't seen any new reports since that most recent fix. Could you share a save file with me where you've noticed musical chairs issues? Thanks for the help! :)

So in short, they're not currently working on it because there haven't been recent reports. If we want this fixed, we should probably report it.

Might also need to ask what constitutes a save file with musical chairs....I'm not really sure how to respond to that one since I'm pretty sure I could start a new save right now and trigger musical chairs with the right circumstances/setup. Maybe they're looking for homes where musical chairs occurs since the layout might provide some insight? Dunno, cause I'm pretty sure I could go to a premade bar like Rattlesnake Juice and still encounter musical chairs.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

This.

Let me guess Penny is the culprit. :p
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

This.

I actually caught the eye of SimGuruNick over in this thread, and here's what he said about Musical chairs:

We've actually had 4 different fixes go in at this point, the most recent one being from the December 1st, 2016 patch ("Sims should switch seats less when there are other nearby seats available."). We actually don't have an active report on musical chairs anymore, because I hadn't seen any new reports since that most recent fix. Could you share a save file with me where you've noticed musical chairs issues? Thanks for the help! :)

So in short, they're not currently working on it because there haven't been recent reports. If we want this fixed, we should probably report it.

Might also need to ask what constitutes a save file with musical chairs....I'm not really sure how to respond to that one since I'm pretty sure I could start a new save right now and trigger musical chairs with the right circumstances/setup. Maybe they're looking for homes where musical chairs occurs since the layout might provide some insight? Dunno, cause I'm pretty sure I could go to a premade bar like Rattlesnake Juice and still encounter musical chairs.

Their bad about this at the cafe in Windenburg.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

This.

Let me guess Penny is the culprit. :p

Actually no, it's just a random generated townie I've never seen.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited March 2017
    Mendota wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    No stability fixes? No general tweaks to help address lag, delay and time distortion?

I'm far too used to disappointment to actually be disappointed, but we seriously need to make some noise about this stuff. Sims 3 was NOT in a great state of affairs when they were done with it. Yes, if we do not make sufficient noise and demand some serious fixes, they won't happen.

For you and everyone else: They stopped instruments and food from getting out of control in NPC sims inventories. For a new save, this should help lag quite a bit. The more is in the sims inventories, the more lag. So those incontrollable NPC inventories won't be a cause of lag anymore.

....Why are you guys always so eager to lie to yourselves??? Listen, the patch just dropped and maybe I'll be proven wrong with a bit of playthrough, but...

If my memory serves me correct, SimGuruNinja specifically commented that issues of time distortion, game lag and game slowdown have direct links to things like x3 speed, having a household with children (both the process of birthing them and sending them to school) and a couple other misc causes. Yes, bloated inventories can contribute to lag, but it wasn't one of the main causes listed by the SimGurus themselves. Plus I play with aging ON. Every time townies die off, that problem is "fixed," (their inventories destroyed) yet my lag gets steadily worse. How does that make sense that bloated inventories are responsible?

But here we are and you've got to be the third person here to absolutely CLING to that snippet of the patch notes, and COMPLETELY out of the blue, conclude it was the singular and sole cause for lag, time distortion and gameplay slowdown.

I see no reason to be jumping to that conclusion at all. And look, I could be wrong. I haven't played the patch yet to see if perhaps there's some unlisted improvements to stability and slowdown (dunno why they wouldn't list them, but it could happen), but let me put it this way: if I'm right, we need to complain immediately. We need to let EA know this is a rather severe issue that needs looking into. If you're right, you're encouraging us to just be quiet and that the problem is solved....why on earth would you gamble on that? What does it hurt if I complain but turn out to be wrong? This is like global warming: if you wanted to insist it MIGHT not be an issue, shouldn't you be encouraging me to stay on top of it anyways, just in case it definitely is an issue?

It boggles my mind to see so many people try to sweep Sims 4's problems under the rug when it goes completely against their own interest to do so. They told us the causes linked to the lag, none of those aformentioned problems were ever mentioned or touched on in this patch. Yes, I'm complaining and yes I think I should complain if I wanna see improvements. If I'm wrong, it doesn't harm anyone or anything. So why am I being dissuaded from doing so? Why are we clinging to a false hope instead of acknowledging the elephant in the room that this patch skipped over the lag and time distortion issues?

It boggles my mind how you have so much time to write out these dissertations and post so much vitriol. If EA, Maxis, and the Sims 4 causes you so much unhappiness, why are you wasting your time with them? It is a classic case of Einstein's definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result. I play the Sims 4 because I enjoy it. I buy from EA because I like their products. If I felt as you did, I would have moved on a long time ago. I didn't like Sims 3, but I certainly didn't hang around the forums trying to convince others to feel as I did, nor did I hold it against EA. And on my PC's I have no lag either. The only time I experienced lag was on an underpowered PC that I put the game on to have on the second floor. I soon gave that up.

If you type a lot? You type faster. Very simple. May look like a lot to you, but I'm rather used to this.

Your entire post is a combination of an ad hominem and ergo decedo.

Incidentally, the fact that your response to my criticisms of this patch is to more or less criticize me personally...? To imply I'm insane or have too much time on my hands...? I feel all this does is highlight how much some of you are emotionally invested in this game. Above on this page we got this wonderful snippet:
    Sorry for my attitude, but these complaints are kinda absurd! You guys only talk about game issues and bugs everywhere, it's like you only play to search for them! Don't take it personal really, I was just super excited that this patch fixed a lot of stuff and now my mood is ruined!!

And now we have you, apparently passionate enough about this to attack me for bothering with my criticism.

The thing of it is...there's a rather interesting study on brand-consumer relationships. I've linked it before and you've already complained about my post length, so I'll tl;dr it for you: the study found that people correlated a brand failure of brands they like with a personal failure, albeit subconciously to the point it's often not realized. If a brand they liked failed or underperformed...? They viewed it as a PERSONAL failure; as proof they themselves failed, showed poor taste in products or poor intelligence in judgement, or or or. All of those feelings are nonsense and no one should feel like that way when a brand fails, but given it's largely subconcious, it's difficult to address.

Much of my fascination with this fanbase is moments like now: when all I do is provide an apt, appropriate criticism in relation to an update, and I'm personally attacked for it or a user is openly stating those criticisms "ruined his mood." The problem is that what such responses do...? The community becomes passive and uncritical, constantly making excuses on BEHALF of a company. It's a very fascinating little phenomenon, because it often results in people working against their own interests. Part of my interests...yeah, it's in that. If I'm frank, I think this happens all the time in the world. Not just with Sims, not just with EA, but everywhere. People constantly defend brands and famous celebrities and the like because they feel bad when they supported a "failure" of sorts (a mistake, a bump in the road, a bad sale; any mistake really), but the problem is a customer that looks out for a brand's interests is not looking out for his OWN interests. Just two days ago I read Shaq is a flat-earther and found myself briefly in denial about it, and why? Cause I like Shaq, and something about my subconcious didn't want to accept he was flawed. I need to self-reflect though and recognize those flawed impulses, I feel.

But here we are, once again, and at least two people in this thread have gotten emotional over criticism of a game. I really have to ask myself why. At the end of the day, the result is the same: no one criticizes the game for it's faults (or very few do), the problems continue to grow, and ultimately the franchise is harmed - not helped - by this practice.

I will continue voicing my criticism regardless of how unwelcome you and others may make me feel, because believe it or not, it's not here to be obnoxious, it's here to provide feedback. Sometimes the best feedback is harsh and critical, not rainbows and sunshine. If you cannot handle that, that's on you, not me. You can feel free to block me too to filter out my posts, if it makes you feel better.

It makes no difference to me what you do. Because you see your problem with EA and Sims and Maxis is YOUR PROBLEM! Not to be rude, but I don't really care that you are unhappy with the game or whatever else. I was just curious as to why anyone would waste their time giving constant complaints over something they don't like. I have no idea as to what you are hoping to accomplish, but post away, it is your time to waste. And I think that Maxis doesn't need your help. They have endured all this time, and you seem to be the one "getting emotional" as evidenced by your constant posts. If you were not emotional about it, you would have walked away a long time ago. Perhaps you should consider taking a break. The Sims is a game, not a life choice.

I'm confused. This is a community site made so that users can communicate with each other and with Maxis/EA. The whole point is to talk about the game. That's what we're doing. And yes, I (and others) have stopped buying the content after figuring out that we can't play. We're bringing up our concerns in multiple threads because it doesn't seem like our voices are being heard. Again, if you don't have any problems with the game, good for you. I'm happy that you're getting your money's worth. I, however, am not. So, I (and others that are in my situation) will openly complain. It's actually quite justified.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • DieyaJeahDieyaJeah Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey folks,
    New to the Sims4 game as I got it on the 12th of March. (Use to play all the Sims2 and back but never got Sims3) anyways enough about me =^o,-^= What I came to ask was: I see last year there was this "Spring Challenge" with Growfruit Trees and easter egg hunts. I saw somewhere that it was going to happen again coming with this new patch but I don't see anywhere in the write up about this patch that the Challenge was added back into the game for this year. I've been looking in the community gardens and don't see "Jasmine Holiday" anywhere. I'm trying to collect all the garden collection stuff and was hoping to find a growfruit tree (PS: really hate how long it takes to harvest a wild plant or tree btw.. wish that would get fixed but was happy to see they fixed the cutting of wild plants are fixed).. Anyways anyone know if the spring challenge really is coming?
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    DieyaJeah wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    New to the Sims4 game as I got it on the 12th of March. (Use to play all the Sims2 and back but never got Sims3) anyways enough about me =^o,-^= What I came to ask was: I see last year there was this "Spring Challenge" with Growfruit Trees and easter egg hunts. I saw somewhere that it was going to happen again coming with this new patch but I don't see anywhere in the write up about this patch that the Challenge was added back into the game for this year. I've been looking in the community gardens and don't see "Jasmine Holiday" anywhere. I'm trying to collect all the garden collection stuff and was hoping to find a growfruit tree (PS: really hate how long it takes to harvest a wild plant or tree btw.. wish that would get fixed but was happy to see they fixed the cutting of wild plants are fixed).. Anyways anyone know if the spring challenge really is coming?

If you have OR, you can buy growfruits in Granite Falls at the supplies vendor. Or if you don't mind cheating, find it in buydebug, or download a room with the tree from the gallery.

As far as I can tell the challenge is not back, but I would still expect it to return soon. It is too easy for them to switch it on, to not do it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017

This.

Basically, any save in which you encounter the musical chairs problem, zip that file up (if you save right away, it'll have the most recent time on it so you know what to grab), and upload it with a description of where and how the musical chairs happened (which would probably save some time).

It does sound like they're still working on some of the causes of lag. You know you're looking at something complicated to narrow down when it's not universal or hardware limited (or when the hardware people report is either lower end or higher end but not in the middle). They've patched a couple of the causes. The rest are probably still being narrowed down. The more examples QA can collect, the more there's a chance to find a pattern that's replicable. (And I'm glad your other post brought out info that saves are still needed and this is still being looked at.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm very happy with many of the bug fixes, this was pretty close to a dream patch for me. But they still haven't dealt with my biggest issues, and my sims still can't:
    - swim laps
    - run a restaurant (food quality bug introduced with CL)
    - play darts together
    - be a doctor (baby delivery bug on level 8 plus horrible routing issues)
    - be a detective (suspect clues bug that affect all levels of the career)

Until these are fixed, I still see my game as broken and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
  • jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    finally fixed the toddler hair, sitting while watching, cas undo (ugh i hated it) tv and adding a teen hangout lot trait. awesome
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    Glad the patch fixed the inventory issues, and I like the new lot trait but it is very disappointing that they seem to have ignored/ left out the many bugs in the game packs and the expansion packs. The broken doctor/ detective career, bugged vampires, and bad restaurants bugs are more game breaking and really ought to have been a priority over stuff pack fixes. The restaurant bug has been an issue since 2016!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    The teen hangout trait isn't working in my game. Tried it twice with my sim going to a park w/ the trait late one night and waiting an hour; just one teen showed up. The next day she went to a community pool with the trait around noon and waited an hour and no teens showed up.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • MelhemXMelhemX Posts: 5 New Member
    an update is a good thing, but is annoying when it happens when my internet goes into super turtle mode :#
    i got to wait a bit longer for it to download the update.
    lsnishi wrote: »
    The teen hangout trait isn't working in my game. Tried it twice with my sim going to a park w/ the trait late one night and waiting an hour; just one teen showed up. The next day she went to a community pool with the trait around noon and waited an hour and no teens showed up.

It turns out that it's the neighbourhood area they go to not the lot itself :/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15638610/#Comment_15638610
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @luthienrising thanks for the explanation. I guess I just assumed that more teens would go to the lot not just hang in the neighborhood. That explains it perfectly.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I'm very happy with many of the bug fixes, this was pretty close to a dream patch for me. But they still haven't dealt with my biggest issues, and my sims still can't:
    - swim laps
    - run a restaurant (food quality bug introduced with CL)
    - play darts together
    - be a doctor (baby delivery bug on level 8 plus horrible routing issues)
    - be a detective (suspect clues bug that affect all levels of the career)

Until these are fixed, I still see my game as broken and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

The doctor and the detective carreers should have been fixed. I'll look into it next time I play them.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

In which situations do you still see this ? Do you have a save where it's visible which you would be willing to share with the devs ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

In which situations do you still see this ? Do you have a save where it's visible which you would be willing to share with the devs ?
    Chairs are quite good, bars are still messed up. Sims run from one edge to the other or even behind the bar. They like to put their food on the very corner and teleport it into their mouth.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    If anyone is still having issues with musical chairs (and your game is fully up-to-date), I'd love if you could either share a save with me or upload a lot to the Gallery where the issue is occurring. Thanks much for the help!
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    They fixed the zoom-out glitch in CAS, but now every time I pick a new mouth, the eyes move apart...
    Confirms the whole "you fix one glitch, 5 more appear" theory. :\
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    They fixed the zoom-out glitch in CAS, but now every time I pick a new mouth, the eyes move apart...
    Confirms the whole "you fix one glitch, 5 more appear" theory. :\

That's actually an older bug: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Preset-eye-reset-apart-when-changing-facial-featuers/m-p/5822911/highlight/true#M32660
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• DiabolicalAFDiabolicalAF Posts: 70 Member
    Why was this patch the size that it was? Over 1GB?
  • Plazy_OctopugsPlazy_Octopugs Posts: 5 New Member
    Ah I don't know where to ask, so here seems good enough, but after the March 2017 update I have one save that is having some reaaaally bad time distortion. If it gets stuck on pause then the time will be stopped, but I can still click the play and fast-forward buttons and nothing happens. During this time I can still move my camera and try and click on other sims (though it doesn't ever actually change to them being controlled). It also gets stuck on play where the time keeps going but I can't do any actions or change sims. This started happening after the patch and it's not cc because I took out the cc that I downloaded after the patch and this one save didn't work still, and I tried other saves (like different households entirely) with the cc and they worked. I already tried going into Origin and repairing my game, but it's still broken?? The broken time and clicking is making this save unplayable. Could it be that the lot has to many items on it?
    Ah I don't know where to ask, so here seems good enough, but after the March 2017 update I have one save that is having some reaaaally bad time distortion. If it gets stuck on pause then the time will be stopped, but I can still click the play and fast-forward buttons and nothing happens. During this time I can still move my camera and try and click on other sims (though it doesn't ever actually change to them being controlled). It also gets stuck on play where the time keeps going but I can't do any actions or change sims. This started happening after the patch and it's not cc because I took out the cc that I downloaded after the patch and this one save didn't work still, and I tried other saves (like different households entirely) with the cc and they worked. I already tried going into Origin and repairing my game, but it's still broken?? The broken time and clicking is making this save unplayable. Could it be that the lot has to many items on it?

It's possible. Have you tried another lot in the same save to see if you have the same issue there?