Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is out

Comments

• sunnyvisunnyvi Posts: 2 New Member
    Mine was 2.78 GB too
  • DexigoneDexigone Posts: 6 New Member
    Wow, a teen hangout place! I wonder what this will do... lol
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm hearing the teen hangout lot trait on community lots isn't working. No teens show up.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    They still didn't fix the voice bug?

When my boys grow up into teens they are having female voices.

Yeah yeah, I know you can change it by going into CAS and fulledit, but it shouldn't be like that.

I have the same problem and it is supper annoying. I really hoped it would be fixed this time around :/ next month maybe.

Also I'm a little sad that we don't get two bonus traits anymore. I know it was a bug but I still really loved getting the extra traits in a sim :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I'm hearing the teen hangout lot trait on community lots isn't working. No teens show up.

Yup, I put the trait on my cafes, parks, pools and a burger restaurant and when my sim visited the park, only one teen showed up. Of course it was midnight. So I thought maybe it was too late.

PDWxp40.jpg
    lsnishi wrote: »

Yup, I put the trait on my cafes, parks, pools and a burger restaurant and when my sim visited the park, only one teen showed up. Of course it was midnight. So I thought maybe it was too late.

I really hope they fix this in an emergency patch.
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten the teen hangout lot-trait to work? I've played 3 full Sim days and not a single teen sim has come to the hangout. I may be too impatient, but meeh.

Ya but dude it's ok, they fixed that one shadow from that one chair in Vintage Glamour stuff. Everything's good now.

Thanks for the laugh. :D

• aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2017
    Mendota wrote: »
    No stability fixes? No general tweaks to help address lag, delay and time distortion?

I'm far too used to disappointment to actually be disappointed, but we seriously need to make some noise about this stuff. Sims 3 was NOT in a great state of affairs when they were done with it. Yes, if we do not make sufficient noise and demand some serious fixes, they won't happen.

For you and everyone else: They stopped instruments and food from getting out of control in NPC sims inventories. For a new save, this should help lag quite a bit. The more is in the sims inventories, the more lag. So those incontrollable NPC inventories won't be a cause of lag anymore.

....Why are you guys always so eager to lie to yourselves??? Listen, the patch just dropped and maybe I'll be proven wrong with a bit of playthrough, but...

If my memory serves me correct, SimGuruNinja specifically commented that issues of time distortion, game lag and game slowdown have direct links to things like x3 speed, having a household with children (both the process of birthing them and sending them to school) and a couple other misc causes. Yes, bloated inventories can contribute to lag, but it wasn't one of the main causes listed by the SimGurus themselves. Plus I play with aging ON. Every time townies die off, that problem is "fixed," (their inventories destroyed) yet my lag gets steadily worse. How does that make sense that bloated inventories are responsible?

But here we are and you've got to be the third person here to absolutely CLING to that snippet of the patch notes, and COMPLETELY out of the blue, conclude it was the singular and sole cause for lag, time distortion and gameplay slowdown.

I see no reason to be jumping to that conclusion at all. And look, I could be wrong. I haven't played the patch yet to see if perhaps there's some unlisted improvements to stability and slowdown (dunno why they wouldn't list them, but it could happen), but let me put it this way: if I'm right, we need to complain immediately. We need to let EA know this is a rather severe issue that needs looking into. If you're right, you're encouraging us to just be quiet and that the problem is solved....why on earth would you gamble on that? What does it hurt if I complain but turn out to be wrong? This is like global warming: if you wanted to insist it MIGHT not be an issue, shouldn't you be encouraging me to stay on top of it anyways, just in case it definitely is an issue?

It boggles my mind to see so many people try to sweep Sims 4's problems under the rug when it goes completely against their own interest to do so. They told us the causes linked to the lag, none of those aformentioned problems were ever mentioned or touched on in this patch. Yes, I'm complaining and yes I think I should complain if I wanna see improvements. If I'm wrong, it doesn't harm anyone or anything. So why am I being dissuaded from doing so? Why are we clinging to a false hope instead of acknowledging the elephant in the room that this patch skipped over the lag and time distortion issues?

It boggles my mind how you have so much time to write out these dissertations and post so much vitriol. If EA, Maxis, and the Sims 4 causes you so much unhappiness, why are you wasting your time with them? It is a classic case of Einstein's definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result. I play the Sims 4 because I enjoy it. I buy from EA because I like their products. If I felt as you did, I would have moved on a long time ago. I didn't like Sims 3, but I certainly didn't hang around the forums trying to convince others to feel as I did, nor did I hold it against EA. And on my PC's I have no lag either. The only time I experienced lag was on an underpowered PC that I put the game on to have on the second floor. I soon gave that up.

If you type a lot? You type faster. Very simple. May look like a lot to you, but I'm rather used to this.

Your entire post is a combination of an ad hominem and ergo decedo.

Incidentally, the fact that your response to my criticisms of this patch is to more or less criticize me personally...? To imply I'm insane or have too much time on my hands...? I feel all this does is highlight how much some of you are emotionally invested in this game. Above on this page we got this wonderful snippet:
    Sorry for my attitude, but these complaints are kinda absurd! You guys only talk about game issues and bugs everywhere, it's like you only play to search for them! Don't take it personal really, I was just super excited that this patch fixed a lot of stuff and now my mood is ruined!!

And now we have you, apparently passionate enough about this to attack me for bothering with my criticism.

The thing of it is...there's a rather interesting study on brand-consumer relationships. I've linked it before and you've already complained about my post length, so I'll tl;dr it for you: the study found that people correlated a brand failure of brands they like with a personal failure, albeit subconciously to the point it's often not realized. If a brand they liked failed or underperformed...? They viewed it as a PERSONAL failure; as proof they themselves failed, showed poor taste in products or poor intelligence in judgement, or or or. All of those feelings are nonsense and no one should feel like that way when a brand fails, but given it's largely subconcious, it's difficult to address.

Much of my fascination with this fanbase is moments like now: when all I do is provide an apt, appropriate criticism in relation to an update, and I'm personally attacked for it or a user is openly stating those criticisms "ruined his mood." The problem is that what such responses do...? The community becomes passive and uncritical, constantly making excuses on BEHALF of a company. It's a very fascinating little phenomenon, because it often results in people working against their own interests. Part of my interests...yeah, it's in that. If I'm frank, I think this happens all the time in the world. Not just with Sims, not just with EA, but everywhere. People constantly defend brands and famous celebrities and the like because they feel bad when they supported a "failure" of sorts (a mistake, a bump in the road, a bad sale; any mistake really), but the problem is a customer that looks out for a brand's interests is not looking out for his OWN interests. Just two days ago I read Shaq is a flat-earther and found myself briefly in denial about it, and why? Cause I like Shaq, and something about my subconcious didn't want to accept he was flawed. I need to self-reflect though and recognize those flawed impulses, I feel.

But here we are, once again, and at least two people in this thread have gotten emotional over criticism of a game. I really have to ask myself why. At the end of the day, the result is the same: no one criticizes the game for it's faults (or very few do), the problems continue to grow, and ultimately the franchise is harmed - not helped - by this practice.

I will continue voicing my criticism regardless of how unwelcome you and others may make me feel, because believe it or not, it's not here to be obnoxious, it's here to provide feedback. Sometimes the best feedback is harsh and critical, not rainbows and sunshine. If you cannot handle that, that's on you, not me. You can feel free to block me too to filter out my posts, if it makes you feel better.

It makes no difference to me what you do. Because you see your problem with EA and Sims and Maxis is YOUR PROBLEM! Not to be rude, but I don't really care that you are unhappy with the game or whatever else. I was just curious as to why anyone would waste their time giving constant complaints over something they don't like. I have no idea as to what you are hoping to accomplish, but post away, it is your time to waste. And I think that Maxis doesn't need your help. They have endured all this time, and you seem to be the one "getting emotional" as evidenced by your constant posts. If you were not emotional about it, you would have walked away a long time ago. Perhaps you should consider taking a break. The Sims is a game, not a life choice.

This is a good 'TL;DR'. People take this a little too seriously, I think.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited March 2017
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    No stability fixes? No general tweaks to help address lag, delay and time distortion?

I'm far too used to disappointment to actually be disappointed, but we seriously need to make some noise about this stuff. Sims 3 was NOT in a great state of affairs when they were done with it. Yes, if we do not make sufficient noise and demand some serious fixes, they won't happen.

For you and everyone else: They stopped instruments and food from getting out of control in NPC sims inventories. For a new save, this should help lag quite a bit. The more is in the sims inventories, the more lag. So those incontrollable NPC inventories won't be a cause of lag anymore.

....Why are you guys always so eager to lie to yourselves??? Listen, the patch just dropped and maybe I'll be proven wrong with a bit of playthrough, but...

If my memory serves me correct, SimGuruNinja specifically commented that issues of time distortion, game lag and game slowdown have direct links to things like x3 speed, having a household with children (both the process of birthing them and sending them to school) and a couple other misc causes. Yes, bloated inventories can contribute to lag, but it wasn't one of the main causes listed by the SimGurus themselves. Plus I play with aging ON. Every time townies die off, that problem is "fixed," (their inventories destroyed) yet my lag gets steadily worse. How does that make sense that bloated inventories are responsible?

But here we are and you've got to be the third person here to absolutely CLING to that snippet of the patch notes, and COMPLETELY out of the blue, conclude it was the singular and sole cause for lag, time distortion and gameplay slowdown.

I see no reason to be jumping to that conclusion at all. And look, I could be wrong. I haven't played the patch yet to see if perhaps there's some unlisted improvements to stability and slowdown (dunno why they wouldn't list them, but it could happen), but let me put it this way: if I'm right, we need to complain immediately. We need to let EA know this is a rather severe issue that needs looking into. If you're right, you're encouraging us to just be quiet and that the problem is solved....why on earth would you gamble on that? What does it hurt if I complain but turn out to be wrong? This is like global warming: if you wanted to insist it MIGHT not be an issue, shouldn't you be encouraging me to stay on top of it anyways, just in case it definitely is an issue?

It boggles my mind to see so many people try to sweep Sims 4's problems under the rug when it goes completely against their own interest to do so. They told us the causes linked to the lag, none of those aformentioned problems were ever mentioned or touched on in this patch. Yes, I'm complaining and yes I think I should complain if I wanna see improvements. If I'm wrong, it doesn't harm anyone or anything. So why am I being dissuaded from doing so? Why are we clinging to a false hope instead of acknowledging the elephant in the room that this patch skipped over the lag and time distortion issues?

It boggles my mind how you have so much time to write out these dissertations and post so much vitriol. If EA, Maxis, and the Sims 4 causes you so much unhappiness, why are you wasting your time with them? It is a classic case of Einstein's definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result. I play the Sims 4 because I enjoy it. I buy from EA because I like their products. If I felt as you did, I would have moved on a long time ago. I didn't like Sims 3, but I certainly didn't hang around the forums trying to convince others to feel as I did, nor did I hold it against EA. And on my PC's I have no lag either. The only time I experienced lag was on an underpowered PC that I put the game on to have on the second floor. I soon gave that up.

A lot of us have been here since the beginning of EA. We've seen what they can do and what amazing games they have put out. We're frustrated that such a great company has turned into such a "letdown". We KNOW that they have the potential like they used to and we're trying to get them to hear our voices of concern so that maybe they'll turn around. There is no excuse for the bugs and glitches that are bogging our games down. We're paying customers and we have the right to be concerned. If we don't say anything, nothing will be changed.

I have been here since the beginning and I don't feel let down. I didn't feel let down when Sims 3 came out, I just accepted that it wasn't my cup of tea. But the issues with Sims 3 bugs were known and universal (Cars spawning and stuck horses, bad SP) The issues are not universal here and so the question is what is different about those with lag vs those that don't. It might be worthwhile for you to send your saves files and computer information to the gurus that track these things rather than posting that the patch didn't fix when not everyone is experiencing.

Well, we are the ones who feel "let down" we have the right to. We've paid for a game and it doesn't seem to work properly on our computers. I've already been through the whole "well, does your computer fit the requirements of the game?" Yes, yes it does. So, why is it that my game still lags? Why is it that there are so many glitches? Why is it that no matter what I try, the game is just unplayable? Why do I feel like the developers are spending more of their time pumping out content without fixing any of the major problems in our games? Sure, some of the users aren't experiencing any of these. But, there are a heck of a lot of us who are and EA should make it a priority to make sure that their content is working for their clients. Those whose games run properly shouldn't tell us that we're being "over dramatic" and to get over things. We can't. If I only spent $20 on this game, yeah sure, I could look past it. But I've spent hundreds for a game that I haven't been able to play for months. I'm happy that we're getting updates - even for things that seem "minor". But, I shouldn't have to wait 3 months for the "minor" ones. It would have been worth the wait it they fixed the bigger problems, but they didn't. This is what is making me frustrated.
    Post edited by Missmagoo2 on
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited March 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    simlish1 wrote: »
    Looks like all the bugs in my game have been fixed by the patch. Back to playing without getting annoyed!
    Can your Sims swim laps? Play darts? Do male teens have male voices?? I want your game!!!

Actually the swimming bug was there for a bit in my game, but mysteriously went away on its own.
    That's interesting to hear @Uzone27 !
    Does that mean that NPC Sims are using your public pools again? My biggest complaint with this bug is that nobody is swimming in my lovely pool venues. Sims still use the diving boards and sit on the edge of the pools, but the water is empty. This used to be different before the bug.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Looks like all the bugs in my game have been fixed by the patch. Back to playing without getting annoyed!
    Can your Sims swim laps? Play darts? Do male teens have male voices?? I want your game!!!

Actually the swimming bug was there for a bit in my game, but mysteriously went away on its own.
    Does that mean that NPC Sims are using your public pools again? My biggest complaint with this bug is that nobody is swimming in my lovely pool venues. Sims still use the diving boards and sit on the edge of the pools, but the water is empty. This used to be different before the bug.

Actually I had no idea they were bugged to that extreme.
    I think I just noticed that for a while they weren't swimming around...but at some point later they were.
    I'm afraid my experience on the topic doesn't go any deeper than that.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member

I've been experiencing a pool bug, too. When I direct my Sims to "Swim Laps", they get in the pool, tred water for a while and then get out - no Sims will swim laps anymore, even Athletic swims who used to love it.

I even tried to direct them to "swim here" while they were in the pool: my Sim got *out* of the pool, walked to the point closest to where I wanted him to swim and then got in. Swimming has not been fun lately. :(
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I have 0 lag, but I have a Core i7.

Most people who report lag, are people on Max Settings, but don't meet the recommended requirements, which is a Quad Core i5.

The Sims 4 lags different to other games. It's FPS stay pretty good, but parts of the game lag. So you game could be running at 60fps, but the Sims lag, or the Sims time lags. That happens on my laptop.

Normally the whole game starts to lag. I think its how they built TS4. Designed to make the most of the hardware.

I only experience Sims standing around doing nothing, and time jumps on my laptop. My desktop that meets the specs is fine :)

It's not just hardware related. I have both the time jump and stutter and my pc has the i76700k, 16gb of ram and a 980 nvidia.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    "Alignment over a clear goal was brought to the table, in a face time generation of a sustainable proactive win-win spin-up of the problem. A holistic outside of the box approach was what ultimately brought our synergy to a proper wellness level, and allowed us to break through the clutter for an end of the day exit strategy to this issue."
    Woo-hoo! I filled in my "🐸🐸🐸🐸 Bingo" card!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    sunnyvi wrote: »
    Mine was 2.78 GB too
    It shows that size while it is downloading/preparing but then changes to the 1.05 when it is installing.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    That is awesome :) ! Thank you cat for showing us this tweet.

• SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    woot! Teen hangout! :) I might just go back to playing my original files. I rarely see teens in my games, hopefully this lot trait shall change.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Why didn't they fix the blasted relationship bug it gets old that a mother gives birth to a baby and they are not bonded what they fixed has not been an issue in my game has it been in yours?????

Do you mean the one where they have to reintroduce themselves when the parent has the beloved trait ?

Or do you not have any relationship showing in the family tree ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

If you type a lot? You type faster. Very simple. May look like a lot to you, but I'm rather used to this.

Your entire post is a combination of an ad hominem and ergo decedo.

Incidentally, the fact that your response to my criticisms of this patch is to more or less criticize me personally...? To imply I'm insane or have too much time on my hands...? I feel all this does is highlight how much some of you are emotionally invested in this game. Above on this page we got this wonderful snippet:
    Sorry for my attitude, but these complaints are kinda absurd! You guys only talk about game issues and bugs everywhere, it's like you only play to search for them! Don't take it personal really, I was just super excited that this patch fixed a lot of stuff and now my mood is ruined!!

And now we have you, apparently passionate enough about this to attack me for bothering with my criticism.

The thing of it is...there's a rather interesting study on brand-consumer relationships. I've linked it before and you've already complained about my post length, so I'll tl;dr it for you: the study found that people correlated a brand failure of brands they like with a personal failure, albeit subconciously to the point it's often not realized. If a brand they liked failed or underperformed...? They viewed it as a PERSONAL failure; as proof they themselves failed, showed poor taste in products or poor intelligence in judgement, or or or. All of those feelings are nonsense and no one should feel like that way when a brand fails, but given it's largely subconcious, it's difficult to address.

Much of my fascination with this fanbase is moments like now: when all I do is provide an apt, appropriate criticism in relation to an update, and I'm personally attacked for it or a user is openly stating those criticisms "ruined his mood." The problem is that what such responses do...? The community becomes passive and uncritical, constantly making excuses on BEHALF of a company. It's a very fascinating little phenomenon, because it often results in people working against their own interests. Part of my interests...yeah, it's in that. If I'm frank, I think this happens all the time in the world. Not just with Sims, not just with EA, but everywhere. People constantly defend brands and famous celebrities and the like because they feel bad when they supported a "failure" of sorts (a mistake, a bump in the road, a bad sale; any mistake really), but the problem is a customer that looks out for a brand's interests is not looking out for his OWN interests. Just two days ago I read Shaq is a flat-earther and found myself briefly in denial about it, and why? Cause I like Shaq, and something about my subconcious didn't want to accept he was flawed. I need to self-reflect though and recognize those flawed impulses, I feel.

But here we are, once again, and at least two people in this thread have gotten emotional over criticism of a game. I really have to ask myself why. At the end of the day, the result is the same: no one criticizes the game for it's faults (or very few do), the problems continue to grow, and ultimately the franchise is harmed - not helped - by this practice.

I will continue voicing my criticism regardless of how unwelcome you and others may make me feel, because believe it or not, it's not here to be obnoxious, it's here to provide feedback. Sometimes the best feedback is harsh and critical, not rainbows and sunshine. If you cannot handle that, that's on you, not me. You can feel free to block me too to filter out my posts, if it makes you feel better.

It makes no difference to me what you do. Because you see your problem with EA and Sims and Maxis is YOUR PROBLEM! Not to be rude, but I don't really care that you are unhappy with the game or whatever else.

So you claim, and yet your post is once again laced with subtle personal attacks and an end note of "MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST GO AWAY FOREVER????"

It's very simple: I paid money for a product, I want it to work. I've liked this franchise since Sims 1, and if it can be done, I'd like to keep enjoying it. I'm not gonna improve on issues by coming here to say "Wow I love the new bowling trailer!" and just complimenting everything that do as if criticism were the devil, I am gonna call attention to problems just by talking about them. You say Maxis is doing fine without me, but yknow....The vampire powers system was awfully similar to an expansion idea I suggested on these very forums. Did they read my post or not? I've no idea, but I see no reason to assume nothing here is ever read or discussed by the Gurus. To me it makes sense to try rather than to just throw in the towel.

And here we are, a new patch is released, the biggest problems remain unadressed, and even the new lot trait seems to be non-functional. Yeah, I think there's reason to complain. Yknow, that is if we want this stuff fixed.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I wonder if teens being able to move out is a hint we will eventually get a university expansion! i hope so. i loved playing sims 3 university. :)
    I doubt it. Teens have always been able to live on their own so I imagine they were always meant to be able to move out too and were previously unable to because it was either bugged or overlooked.

Exactly this.

It was just inconsistent that you couldn't through the household manager hence they fixed that

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member

I am so happy to read that, thanks. Could you possibly fix the "Swim lanes" problem, too? Swimming had bot been much fun for my dear sims lately.
    edited March 2017
    crinrict wrote: »
    I wonder if teens being able to move out is a hint we will eventually get a university expansion! i hope so. i loved playing sims 3 university. :)
    I doubt it. Teens have always been able to live on their own so I imagine they were always meant to be able to move out too and were previously unable to because it was either bugged or overlooked.

Exactly this.

It was just inconsistent that you couldn't through the household manager hence they fixed that

Crin are you having issues with teen hangout not working? Teens arne t showing up.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wish they'd kill the sims' ability to play musical chairs. All I want is for a group of friends to stay seated together like they do in real life and not constantly getting up and sitting with strangers!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    They still didn't fix the voice bug?

When my boys grow up into teens they are having female voices.

Yeah yeah, I know you can change it by going into CAS and fulledit, but it shouldn't be like that.

you don't need fulledit mode, take them into cas and change them to females then back to males. their voice will change to males.

We shouldn't have to, though. This should've been fixed. It's rather disconcerting trying to flirt with a YA who sounds like a dayum girl...

I know and I hope it gets fixed to, we shouldn't have to do this. I was just showing that you don't need full edit mode to change the voice.