Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is out

14567810...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Ah I don't know where to ask, so here seems good enough, but after the March 2017 update I have one save that is having some reaaaally bad time distortion. If it gets stuck on pause then the time will be stopped, but I can still click the play and fast-forward buttons and nothing happens. During this time I can still move my camera and try and click on other sims (though it doesn't ever actually change to them being controlled). It also gets stuck on play where the time keeps going but I can't do any actions or change sims. This started happening after the patch and it's not cc because I took out the cc that I downloaded after the patch and this one save didn't work still, and I tried other saves (like different households entirely) with the cc and they worked. I already tried going into Origin and repairing my game, but it's still broken?? The broken time and clicking is making this save unplayable. Could it be that the lot has to many items on it?

This was happening to me also, I don't know if it was removing the packing crates mod or repairing my game but it stopped

Mods are generally made to work at the patch level the game is on when said mod was made - so when the game gets a new patch which changes the level - then most mods need updating to the mod made at that patch level. The bad side of CC and mods is not all modders or CC creators like to update their creations - but many do. You cannot truly depend on CC and mods made before a patch to not create issues in your game after a patch no matter how great the CC or mod is. So keep that in mind - it is tough to use CC and Mods in a game in development constantly that gets lots of new coding and patching. It is the price one pays to use CC and mods and why people like me won't use them no matter how great something looks or fixes - the hassle to keep it up to date is a real pain. Keep in mind CC and mod do not get updated by game updates - it is up to their creators to update them and up to users to constantly update all their content. It is why user made content creates issues - unfortunately.

This is why or most often why some people have issues and bugs in their game that other people do not. Of course this is not the only reason of course - but the most common reason. Just removing the content does not always fix a problem either - as residue from a bad conflict can remain in a save even when the cause of the conflict is removed - sometimes it takes a complete start over to stop those issues. I can understand wanting mods and content not in the game - who doesn't but to me it is never worth the hassle if I have GAME ISSUES all the time. Usually I pick to add CC and mods to finished games - once development is done just to not get issues if I really liked something user made or play I don't have I guess because I play like I do is why I rarely have issues with Sims 2,3, or 4.

That said - I do have a none working dart board - and my sims never get alien abducted -ever not even 10th level scientist who use the telescope every single night - but to me it is not worth it to use a mod to fix that if the mod needs constant replacing - so I just don't use the mod and wait for hopefully a fix. If the fix never comes - when the game is done being made I will get the last mods made to fix that. To me it is worth it as I rarely have any game issues.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    @gizzinator1 err The mc command center remain free, i've download it yesterday without anything to pay ...

Since when did Patreon become free? According to the site, there is a "monthly subscrition"

@egwarhammer can provide more info on this.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited March 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Ah I don't know where to ask, so here seems good enough, but after the March 2017 update I have one save that is having some reaaaally bad time distortion. If it gets stuck on pause then the time will be stopped, but I can still click the play and fast-forward buttons and nothing happens. During this time I can still move my camera and try and click on other sims (though it doesn't ever actually change to them being controlled). It also gets stuck on play where the time keeps going but I can't do any actions or change sims. This started happening after the patch and it's not cc because I took out the cc that I downloaded after the patch and this one save didn't work still, and I tried other saves (like different households entirely) with the cc and they worked. I already tried going into Origin and repairing my game, but it's still broken?? The broken time and clicking is making this save unplayable. Could it be that the lot has to many items on it?

This was happening to me also, I don't know if it was removing the packing crates mod or repairing my game but it stopped

mods are generally made to work at the patch level the game is on when said mod was made - so when the game gets a new patch which changes the level - then most mods need updating to the mod made at that patch level. The bad side of CC and mods is not all modders or CC creators like to update their creations - but many do. You cannot truly depend on CC and mods made before a patch to not create issues in your game after a patch no matter how great the CC or mod is. So keep that in mind - it is tough to use CC and Mods in a game in development constantly that gets lots of new coding and patching. It is the price one pays to use CC and mods and why people like me won't use them no matter how great something looks or fixes - the hassle to keep it up to date is a real pain. Keep in mind CC and mod do not get updated by game updates - it is up to their creators to update them and up to users to constantly update all their content. It is why user made content creates issues - unfortunately.

I'm not sure why you made this comment. We aren't wondering about mods being updated. @Plazy_Octopugs doubts it was their cc because other saves worked just fine.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

mods are generally made to work at the patch level the game is on when said mod was made - so when the game gets a new patch which changes the level - then most mods need updating to the mod made at that patch level. The bad side of CC and mods is not all modders or CC creators like to update their creations - but many do. You cannot truly depend on CC and mods made before a patch to not create issues in your game after a patch no matter how great the CC or mod is. So keep that in mind - it is tough to use CC and Mods in a game in development constantly that gets lots of new coding and patching. It is the price one pays to use CC and mods and why people like me won't use them no matter how great something looks or fixes - the hassle to keep it up to date is a real pain. Keep in mind CC and mod do not get updated by game updates - it is up to their creators to update them and up to users to constantly update all their content. It is why user made content creates issues - unfortunately.

I'm with ya.
    The only times I experiment with Mods or CC is when I'm not afraid of breaking the game.
    When something goes wonky in my game I wnt to know with 100% certainty it's not due to fan made code.
    edited March 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I'm with ya.
    The only times I experiment with Mods or CC is when I'm not afraid of breaking the game.
    When something goes wonky in my game I wnt to know with 100% certainty it's not due to fan made code.

Well most of the time the creators made their things proper - when they made them using proper code and such - yes sometimes things do go flaky - but with todays creators and modders that happens very seldom - their problem happens when the game programming from a patch changes code, animation, even meshes from when those people created that content. The game content changes with updates but user made content does not change by it self and when it is no long in sync with the new code - the game no longer sees the meshes or animation in user created stuff it saw before because it has been reprogrammed to be in sych with Sims team content only. That is the issue. Believe me there are tons of very smart and talented modders and creators - out there that do a wonderful job on things they make - but unfortunately their stuff has to use the games codes and programming - so when it changes it breaks their content or the content conflicts with the game and creates problems.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited March 2017
    @gizzinator1 err The mc command center remain free, i've download it yesterday without anything to pay ...

Since when did Patreon become free? According to the site, there is a "monthly subscrition"

@egwarhammer can provide more info on this.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the first 9 pages of this thread. Answering a tag. ;)

FREE (always) MC Command Center Is Available on Tumblr, Here: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

The same (Improved, even! Clickable links to each module, now) documentation is available there we had at MTS. And now the Download links for both parts are on the same pages with everything else. Very nice setup.

MCCC 3.3.1 goes with Sims 4 1.28.25. Just a heads up.

The biggest difference is we've gotten more away from forum posts and gone to Live Chat Support at Discord.

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Deaderpool's Patreon https://www.patreon.com/mccc_deaderpool/posts

Since 3.3.1 just came out, there is not yet a working version of 3.4.0 posted to Patreon. 3.3.1 is currently available from both sites.

Here's a little of what Deaderpool posted on the Overview page: (If your answer isn't here, feel free to ask me questions.)
    Since I've released MCCC, I have often been asked how people could express their thanks for my work. Almost a year and a half later, I have decided to go ahead and make something available.

What you get for supporting me
    For those that support me, I plan to make several benefits available:

Basic Tier Support:
    I will make stable pre-release deployments of the next versions of the modules available for supporters.
    I will post a list of my planned "TO DO" items for the next release. Supporters are invited to discuss these TO DO items with me during implementation.

Way Too Generous Tier Support:
    I'm really not asking or expecting people to donate up-to this tier, but if you do, I'll try to make it worth your while.
    I will post a list of all my planned "TO DO" items for all future work. Supporters are welcome to look at these items and make a request if they would rather have a different TO DO item included in the next release. A high priority will be placed on such requests if they are made.

All Support regardless of Tiers and amount:
    A big thank you from someone who has been doing this a while with no support! :)

Patreon is completely separate from Tumblr. There isn't anything dark or mysterious about any of this. If you'd like to donate, Patreon accepts one time or monthly arrangements. If you don't want to do that, go to Tumblr.

Does this help?

edit/
    Ok I've read page 9 now, too. Think I covered most questions, except for why we are no longer keeping MCCC on MTS. That post is here, from Deaderpool (I copied it from MTS).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15586172/#Comment_15586172
    /edit
  • SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA
    m11kj wrote: »
    - paying bills on phone cancelled by queuing actions behind.

@m11kj Would you mind uploading your save game showing this issue?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Thank you for any information you can provide

• TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    m11kj wrote: »
    - paying bills on phone cancelled by queuing actions behind.

@m11kj Would you mind uploading your save game showing this issue?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Thank you for any information you can provide

Do you need more saves? Created one right now where it is happening (Sims go through the animation of paying the bills using the phone, but money doesn't get deducted and they move on to the next item in the queue. Bills are still in the mail, ready to be paid).
    edited March 2017

I'm not sure why you made this comment. We aren't wondering about mods being updated. @Plazy_Octopugs doubts it was their cc because other saves worked just fine.

Why I put this is because people think if a mod or CC worked great before it is not the problem and that is where they are usually wrong. That when there is recoding, previously made things that worked perfectly can suddenly create issues.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Why I put this is because people think if a mod or CC worked great before it is not the problem and that is where they are usually wrong. That when there is recoding, previously made things that worked perfectly can suddenly create issues.

I agree 100% with what I bolded.

Anything EA didn't make (which covers ALL mods and ALL cc) stands a chance of being affected by patches. Sometimes we get lucky and it isn't a hard hit. Sometimes they melt either mods OR cc. And sometimes, they destroy both.

It's worth checking for updates. It's also worth being sure by testing mods or cc alone (more mods than cc for this, though), to make sure something is or isn't working on its own, before you approach a modder.

We've been seeing this with MC and another mod (I can't name). The issues, to date, have been with the other not-yet-updated for 1.28 mod. But people are coming to us because the two play in the same areas (and they haven't done separate tests).

Just something to consider. :)

I agree 100% with what I bolded.

Anything EA didn't make (which covers ALL mods and ALL cc) stands a chance of being affected by patches. Sometimes we get lucky and it isn't a hard hit. Sometimes they melt either mods OR cc. And sometimes, they destroy both.

It's worth checking for updates. It's also worth being sure by testing mods or cc alone (more mods than cc for this, though), to make sure something is or isn't working on its own, before you approach a modder.

We've been seeing this with MC and another mod (I can't name). The issues, to date, have been with the other not-yet-updated for 1.28 mod. But people are coming to us because the two play in the same areas (and they haven't done separate tests).

Just something to consider. :)

There is also some issues with CC furniture that toddlers patch has seeing EA recoded their stairs, furniture, toilets etc that toddlers can interact with and people with CC made on the older meshing and programming now have conflicts in the game. This is a prime example of CC being affected that previously was perfect. Especially when that CC is just recolors - but it has to be removed and updated by the creators before being added back to the game just like mods do. On top of it all builds and previous games with that content in it is going to have issues as well. It is why I always suggest to people who build - don't use CC and mods - it can create issues when patch levels and recoding happen.

It is really hard to get people to see what we mean especially when something is just a new color - they fail to realize it is more than that when the recolor did not come out of Maxis.

Believe me I love much of the stuff Modders and CC makers make - but I hate all the hassles. So I generally just sigh and move on. Sometimes when a game is complete I do go back and get the last renditions of things I wished I had in my game. My Sims 2 actually has 10,000 downloads between mods and CC. So there was a lot I waited for - lol.

I always hate speaking up because people seem to think I am just hating on CC and mods when I am not - and I'm just trying to help them. Hopefully they listen to you better than me.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    @Writin_Reg and @egwarhammer :) I just thought I'd send you the nice words, "You're right!" I've never worried about cc (now realizing I should :# ) but I've been leery of any mod that seriously affected the base actions....like MC Command. However, I simply could not resist zerbu's Venue List as I really wanted to build a restuarant in the park and camping areas....now....if/when EA releases another venue I'm screwed : :s I've made of point of saving what I've built in my gallery...but I'm really recognizing the wisdom (but no cc resistance) of a vanilla game.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    The patch seems to have affected vampires. They're not such a doddle to avoid now.

One came to my Sims' house and, finding the door locked, influenced one of the sleeping Sims to get out of bed to come outside to be bitten. Previously, vampires (in my game, anyway) could only Daze a Sim through the wall when they couldn't get into the house.

It wasn't a top notch vampire, either. I think the vampire graphics - the black swirly cloud - have been beefed up a bit too.

This is going to make living in one storey houses so difficult :(
    Don't feed the trolls
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    The patch seems to have affected vampires. They're not such a doddle to avoid now.

One came to my Sims' house and, finding the door locked, influenced one of the sleeping Sims to get out of bed to come outside to be bitten. Previously, vampires (in my game, anyway) could only Daze a Sim through the wall when they couldn't get into the house.

It wasn't a top notch vampire, either. I think the vampire graphics - the black swirly cloud - have been beefed up a bit too.

I don't know how far these vampire talents travel (I've got them completely out of my game) BUT you might try running a fence completely around your lot and then locking the gates. At least that puts more distance between the vampire and your sims - but maybe that wouldn't help? At least I'd try :-)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @ClaimingTheFifth

A fence is on the cards but I've found Sims 4 fences to be a bit 'clunky' or maybe too ornate. I'll have to look again for something decent.

They are effective for vampires, though. The one in question got moved to an empty lot and enclosed by a tall set of railings that I wouldn't otherwise have had much use for...
    Don't feed the trolls
    edited March 2017
    ratsrbest wrote: »

I don't know how far these vampire talents travel (I've got them completely out of my game) BUT you might try running a fence completely around your lot and then locking the gates. At least that puts more distance between the vampire and your sims - but maybe that wouldn't help? At least I'd try :-)

Vamps can get a perk where locked doors do not affect them just like some have a perk where garlic does not affect them. I find it best to never invite Vamps to the sims house even if you befriend them - and make sure none of the welcome wagon are not vamps. I accidently got a welcome wagon vamp who looked like a normal sims so now I never invite the welcome wagon in. That is the only time I have ever had a vamp come in my sims house. He is a slayer so he lives in Forgotten Hollow and even has a lot of Vamps for friends but he never invites them in and they never feed off of him or come in his house.

They sure want to as he is rich now and has all kinds of stuff they are aching to play with. LOL. You see it in their thought bubbles. He visits all the Vamp houses and the only ones he cures are the trouble makers and evil Vamp - but Vlliad - I never let him cure the 3 main Vamp sims in the game.

In dreams - I LIVE!