Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A celebrities pack could potentially happen?

PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
We already know that Leona Lewis is probably gonna be featured in some way in a future pack.
We also know that bands were cut from City Living.

Could it be that some sort of celebrity / Showtime pack is coming? I could definitely see this as a game pack with a fame system and paparazzi.

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I'd buy a celebrity pack - even if it doesn't have any real celebs. The option to become a celeb will offer a new gameplay element.

I used to enjoy it in TS3.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd love some kind of option to become a celebrity as long as it is not as easy as it was in TS3. Bands would be really nice too. Hopefully with bass guitars and drums. Maybe a stand up bass too.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    i'd definitely be interested. i really enjoyed the celebrity system in TS3.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I have mixed feelings about this I liked the celeb in Sims 3 but what I didn't like was once your sim met a celeb that automatically made your sim a celeb and having the paps at your house that was annoying no I want a celeb sim to be a celeb sim and a normal sim to be a normal sim that's it.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, I would be interested. I would prefer the focus to not be on real celebrities myself but I'd be all for adding a fame element. If they did include real celebrities, I guess I could just delete or ignore them. More celebrity songs in the game (Leona Lewis) are cool IMO though.

I have a household that is basically waiting on this. Three generations of entertainers have already been in their family.

I could see this as a GP, possibly more depending on the complexity of the pack (such as world size if included).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    having the paps at your house that was annoying.

forgot how annoying the paparazzi were. the game would definitely be a lot more enjoyable without them.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I want!
    giphy_1.gif
  • DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member
    I have mixed feelings about this I liked the celeb in Sims 3 but what I didn't like was once your sim met a celeb that automatically made your sim a celeb and having the paps at your house that was annoying no I want a celeb sim to be a celeb sim and a normal sim to be a normal sim that's it.

There was a thing in the options menu to opt your active household out of the celebrity system o-o
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited March 2017

There was a thing in the options menu to opt your active household out of the celebrity system o-o

Oh well now you tell me lol
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    I think this could be very enjoyable! It would be cool if when your sim went out, they could wear a disguise, to give them a better chance of not being spotted by the paparazzi! Also, a new town with large, expensive homes with celebrities could be another cool add-on! Kind of like Starlight Shores from TS3!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited March 2017
    I say lose the paparazzi.
    Make them film crews instead.

In other words, we could invite these film crews into our Sims' homes (or to community lots) once our Sims reach a certain fame level, and they could film their every move, like a reality show. Being Mean or Mischievous guarantees new viewers (and therefore more fame), but comes at the expense of our Sims' relationships. Consider this the "Big Brother" or "Kardashian" method. More drama = more fame, but only increases it so much. You can't become an "A Lister" just by doing this, you've got to diversify somehow. Marry a (talented) celeb, put out a fragrance or an album... basically it's good for early game, short-term fame, but not for the late game.

We could also showcase our Sims' various talents (playing musical instruments, singing, woodworking, running a business, collecting objects... basically anything already in the game), and we could get a slow trickle of viewers and fame. This is the "Top Chef", "America's Got Talent" or "Antiques Roadshow" method. It's not as dramatic (unless we make it dramatic), but our Sims get some fame out of it, and it's more beneficial in the long term, since our Sims' talents mean they actually have staying power.

Post edited by kwanzaabot on
    wJbomAo.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »
    We already know that Leona Lewis is probably gonna be featured in some way in a future pack.
    We also know that bands were cut from City Living.

Could it be that some sort of celebrity / Showtime pack is coming? I could definitely see this as a game pack with a fame system and paparazzi.

Most likely her song will be in a pets expansion but you could be right since we don't know what's coming next quarter.
  • DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member

Oh well now you tell me lol

Its not well advertised lol. Pretty handy though, I hate the celebrity system (Especially that disgraced moodlet I get for doing vampire things, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 racists) but I like a lot of other things in the pack
  • Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    I wouldn't mind having some kind of fame/infamy system in TS4. I find it weird that I can have my Sims become high-level athletes, artists, crime bosses, comedians, politicians, internet personalities, etc. but random Sims don't bat an eyelash when they meet them on the street. In Get Together, you can get relationship bonuses when meeting new Sims if you're in a famous or infamous club, but that's not quite the same thing. Celebrity status could function as a reward trait for doing lots of things that would make a Sim famous or infamous, similar to Spice Hound in City Living, but a different system like the ones in previous games would probably work better.

(I also think it would be cool to have regular Sims be able to form fan clubs for celebrities, but you'd need to have Get Together in order to form clubs, and I haven't experimented with different DLC enough to have a sense of how well new DLC meshes with older DLC if you try to use them together.)
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'd buy a Bebe Rexha pack honestly, I absoluty love her so Team, you have a yes from me!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    ponderosa wrote: »
    I'd love some kind of option to become a celebrity as long as it is not as easy as it was in TS3. Bands would be really nice too. Hopefully with bass guitars and drums. Maybe a stand up bass too.

I totally agree. If we do get a celebrating pack or expansion I hope it's more like Superstar was, The Sims 1. I'd like it to be fleshed out well. I would really enjoy a good celebrity option in the game.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Considering the Sims 4 has been trying to recreate 2 & 1 (no open world, tragic clown, aspirations, swatches, grilled cheese obsession, retail, actual restaurants, the 3 base game world's from Sims 2 etc..) Superstar seems like it would be their main inspiration.

Really, it's like they are ignoring the Sims 3 and are paying homage to the previous games lol.

It's a little "too out there", but it makes sense in a way.

• trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Ooh I would love a celeb/showtime addition to the game! But they'd have to do it better than the last. I know there was an option to opt out of it but like, I think it's ridic to only rely solely on connections. Like I had kids who became celebs in Sims 3 just by association of association. They should implement it in career paths as well. Like the fact that you weren't on celeb status after mastering the film career? Weird.

I didn't know about the bands thing. I wonder why they cut it from City Living.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    asesina wrote: »
    Ooh I would love a celeb/showtime addition to the game! But they'd have to do it better than the last. I know there was an option to opt out of it but like, I think it's ridic to only rely solely on connections. Like I had kids who became celebs in Sims 3 just by association of association. They should implement it in career paths as well. Like the fact that you weren't on celeb status after mastering the film career? Weird.

Probably because they were already 6 months late and EA was pressuring them to just push it out the door already.
    wJbomAo.png
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    asesina wrote: »

I only played Superstar in the Sims 1. If there was a celebrity pack (and I hope we get one!) I'd prefer fame wasn't based (solely) on relationships. Especially because I really like the career and aspiration aspects of the game. I remember how in Sims 1 I could only ask for autographs over and over again to make a celebrity friend, lol.
  • ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    Depends on how they implement it. If they give it the same amount of attention as vampires then great. Other wise... I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. The celeb system in Sims 3 was really weird.
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    If they do bring back some sort of celebrity pack, I really hope that our Sims gain fame for their talents and is nothing like what we saw in Sims3. In my opinion, the whole thing was just a little odd.