Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Starships- A Branchoff of Sims 4

With sims 2, we got a Castaway "branch off" and then we got Sims Medieval branching off of Sims 3, but what about for this version of the game, if it were to have one? I think starships/deep space travel would work great! Some possibilities-

Create a Crew- Essentially CAS but rather than creating a household or family, players can create a crew of sims, filling different assigned roles.
Initially, create a few (up to eight) young adult-elder sims, but through gameplay recruit new crew members including children, teenage sims, and aliens (who can fill additional special roles on a space crew).
Choose each sim's background including past careers, hobbies, ect. as well as talents and traits that may determine the sim's success in their role as crew member and help individualize you sim.

Design your Ship- Choose from a variety of starships to customize, upgrade, and furnish your ship with items (collected or purchased) from earth and beyond! Make sure your ship is well equipped with a kitchen, infirmary, lodging, command room, laboratory, training room, hangar, etc. and select traits to make your vessel unique! Here's some ship themes (share any you have)-

-Plumbob 47- A militaristic starship, this is perfect for expeditions and invasions! What it lacks in finesse and comfort it makes up for its defense capabilities.

-Ziggy Starship- Nothing shines brighter than this 80's style ship; bright colors, fast lights, and speakers big enough to blast music into the cosmos (and make those hostile aliens start partying)!

-🐸🐸🐸🐸. Cordelia- Take a voyage in luxury on this steampunk starship! It may not be fast or strong, but what a way to cruise through space, who wouldn't be impressed?

Explore- With your crew and ship, send your sims out to space! Explore diverse planets, set up survey camps, carry out missions, discover advanced and primitive civilizations, and face the dangers of the unknown!
Make allies or enemies with different alien species; teach them how to party, threaten their leader, exchange technologies, and more will impact the future of the Galaxy! Turn planets against each other or act as an ambassador of peace!
Use a variety of specialized simrays, or good old fashioned fists to teach hostile aliens a lesson. Discover strange plants, wildlife, and relics to collect and trade or display!

Sims 4 already has some space features, but it'd be awesome to see it expanded on. Any other ideas that should go along with this?

Comments

• plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I would like this very much! It's weird but I was actually thinking about how a space-themed Sims game would be awesome :)
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Let's be honest: The Sims needs space now. We've previously got ocean, islands, deserts and generally everything on Earth. So where else should we aim now but to space?

Also, it's space. Who doesn't love space? My Sims certainly do, and I think they really deserve to get there with an actual spaceship, not just a lame rocket.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have often asked for a Space Station Stand Alone game of the sims. In my version, different levels would represent different economy levels, so the higher up in the station you live, the more money you have. There, you would be nearer all the goodies, like spas, shops, entertainment and restaurants and bars. Plus, the festivals would be held on the main concourse area where large windows are for viewing of the stars and closer planets. The lower levels would be housing for space station workers. You could be one of the idle rich or work your way up to being the Captain of the Station or the Mission Director (one direction is military inspired, the other is political inspired). There could be an anti gravity room (for woohoo) general fun and training for space walks. The astronaut career could send brave sims into space for adventures. And the upper classes could afford to own the new cyberbot 3000 to perform mundane tasks around the family's living unit. Each residence would be like the apartments in CL, where the outline is set but the interior is free to change as required. Fill it with all new tech advancements and have your cyberbot keep them in good repair. Lower level sims must maintain their own equipment which may fail at any moment. Some sims may choose to work on the botanical/hydroponics level and grow plants and food for the station. The top level is a giant dome that contains a huge park with simulated grass, trees and a small river for fishing. There is a play area for kids, a stage for entertainment and speeches, food venders, picnic areas and a running/walking track for exercising in the fresh, recirculating air and simulated sunshine.

SIMS......IN........SPAAAAAAAACE!!!!!
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have often asked for a Space Station Stand Alone game of the sims. In my version, different levels would represent different economy levels, so the higher up in the station you live, the more money you have. There, you would be nearer all the goodies, like spas, shops, entertainment and restaurants and bars. Plus, the festivals would be held on the main concourse area where large windows are for viewing of the stars and closer planets. The lower levels would be housing for space station workers. You could be one of the idle rich or work your way up to being the Captain of the Station or the Mission Director (one direction is military inspired, the other is political inspired). There could be an anti gravity room (for woohoo) general fun and training for space walks. The astronaut career could send brave sims into space for adventures. And the upper classes could afford to own the new cyberbot 3000 to perform mundane tasks around the family's living unit. Each residence would be like the apartments in CL, where the outline is set but the interior is free to change as required. Fill it with all new tech advancements and have your cyberbot keep them in good repair. Lower level sims must maintain their own equipment which may fail at any moment. Some sims may choose to work on the botanical/hydroponics level and grow plants and food for the station. The top level is a giant dome that contains a huge park with simulated grass, trees and a small river for fishing. There is a play area for kids, a stage for entertainment and speeches, food venders, picnic areas and a running/walking track for exercising in the fresh, recirculating air and simulated sunshine.

These ideas are awesome!! I'd love to see this! And TS4 (the way lots/neighborhoods/apartments are set up) has limits, but those limits could let it have the most awesome features for space exploring/living!

Yeah, now that I think about it, my crew would need proper homes between exploring space, and an advanced space station with careers and social systems and unique stuff to do would be amazing!!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

These ideas are awesome!! I'd love to see this! And TS4 (the way lots/neighborhoods/apartments are set up) has limits, but those limits could let it have the most awesome features for space exploring/living!

Yeah, now that I think about it, my crew would need proper homes between exploring space, and an advanced space station with careers and social systems and unique stuff to do would be amazing!!

Yeah, I was going for a less Star Trek:TNG and more Deep Space Nine. With aliens, you could create a Spock with the ears and mental powers as First Officer.
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I love all these ideas! I would definitely buy a standalone game of this theme. I bought all the others. I hope EA takes these ideas and gives their fans a game like this. Yes! Sims in Space and Beyond! :)