Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night SimGuru-sourced info

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    When I google odds to bowl a 300 game I get this: (from golf digest of all places)
    It's 3,000 to 1 for a tour player and 5,000 to 1 for a low-handicapper. Similar to making an ace, the more proficient you are at bowling, the better your chance of a 300 game. The odds for a PBA bowler rolling a 300 are 460 to 1, while it's 11,500 to 1 for the average bowler

Who wants to wager that the odds for bowling a perfect game in TS4 are significantly lower?
    Devs :much love to you guys but I truly hope you know more about bowling than you seem to know about darts. :p
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks @catloverplayer and @TheGoodOldGamer ! You guys are the best.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Looks better than I thought it would be. Hope you can put a bowling lane in your sims home.

You can.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Firstly, thanks to Luth and GOG for compiling all the info.

It will be possible to add bowling lanes to cafes, not just bars, lounges and nightclubs, even libraries or restaurants. Most bowling alleys have bars attached (separate rooms) with some name like Keglers Kove.

If you want a tournament between two bowling clubs (only two sims can challenge each other) then pair one from each team (most have four or five members) and which ever team wins the most games, wins the tourney. If it's a tie, have the captains do a bowl-off game.

From what I've read of Grahams tweets, I think this will be an excellent pack. I like the night bowling and the fact that we can choose our own ball to bowl with, plus pick a glove and shoes in CAS as an extra outfit to change into in order to bowl. I really like the mid-century furniture because it will look great in some residential builds I have planned. Really excited.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    When I google odds to bowl a 300 game I get this: (from golf digest of all places)
    It's 3,000 to 1 for a tour player and 5,000 to 1 for a low-handicapper. Similar to making an ace, the more proficient you are at bowling, the better your chance of a 300 game. The odds for a PBA bowler rolling a 300 are 460 to 1, while it's 11,500 to 1 for the average bowler

Who wants to wager that the odds for bowling a perfect game in TS4 are significantly lower?
    Devs :much love to you guys but I truly hope you know more about bowling than you seem to know about darts. :p

Lol, that's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the trophies. Knowing EA's history with overkill, our sims will probably bowl perfect games 50% of the time.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Can't wait to catch the livestream. I'm eager to know what else could possibly be added to this pack beside bowling. Thank to all for putting and sharing info altogether.

The Sims Game
    Re. the patch, not the pack, but just making it easier to find for some of us:
    I haven't tried using the lot trait in game, but the description of this lot trait actually says:
    "More teens will hangout around this lot. You'll spot them roaming the neighbourhood, as teens are known to do."

The way I read it, is that teens don't neccessarily do something on the lot that has this trait, but they'll be walking nearby- which for the game means they actually are on the lot.

So, has anyone looked around the neighbourhood? Because I haven't seen anyone mention that they have.

This is exactly what the trait does.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    New info from the Twitch stream:

CAS:
    6 women's tops, 1 outfit, 3 bottoms, glove, bowling shoes, 2 hairs
    5 men's tops, 1 hair (didn't show other areas)
    2 kids' tops, bowling shoes

If you want to see the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl (bar) that ships with the pack, check the Twitch stream.

Build mode:
    new outdoor wall light, signs including lightbox style, dining table, dining chair, linoleum floor, ottoman, hanging lights, sofa, coffee table, arrow sign, armchair, endtable, table lamp, two wall patterns (chevron panelling and slab stone), hallway table, bowling pin decor objects, rug, room divider, clock, long bar, bar stool, lit wall decor that tiles, and bowling-lane-specific objects (shoe racks full or empty and they tile, bowling ball rack that don't repeat colors, themed bar back, trophy case)

- The sofa is not a sectional. Stuff packs can't do a sectional because of the amount of build mode code needed to add that, but they know we want them.
    - Four different ball options on each color of bowling ball rack
    - The last four bar colors match with one of the basegame countertops which tile with it

"Perfect Llama" = perfect bowling game, earns a trophy

9 new music tracks, mix of new and classic disco

New achievement, Perfect Llama, highest points for an achievement in a game (first achievement in a Stuff Pack)

NPC families can come bowling together. (In the stream, they're wearing matching bowling shirts.)

If a bowling lane is in a bar/nightclub/lounge, Sims will come play in these matching outfits and the Moonlight Bowling will start on its own. Moonlight Bowling starts earlier on weekends than during the day. The Moonlight Bowling can be toggled on and off as well.

Gaining in bowling skill unlocks more bowling ball styles.

The bowling lane is 15x3 (We knew this already but it might not be in this thread yet?)

Sadly, pregnant Sims cannot bowl because of some of the spectacular fails.

Here's the livestream VOD: https://twitch.tv/videos/130923096
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Whats the size of the new lot though?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm confused by the lot. I thought we weren't getting one.
    There's a new build you can place down that they made. It'll be in your library when you get the pack. I missed what size it is. We're not getting a new lot type though. Instead, they adapted the bars, nightclubs, and lounges to include special AI for bowling lanes, like families showing up in bowling outfits and bowling automatically.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

20x30. The short side facing the street.
    Here's the livestream VOD: https://twitch.tv/videos/130923096

Thanks! Throwing that at the top.
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »

20x30. The short side facing the street.

Thanks :) Added to the OP with credit. Same for @catloverplayer on getting the lot type info.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

there is truly nothing to be confused about. the blog clearly stated there is a new VENUE. what you and many other simmers are confusing is VENUE LOT TYPE i.e. bar, lounge, restaurant. there is no new lot type included. instead if you add bowling lanes to bars or lounges it encourages sims to bowl since of those venues share common features
    orkhid22 wrote: »

there is truly nothing to be confused about. the blog clearly stated there is a new VENUE. what you and many other simmers are confusing is VENUE LOT TYPE i.e. bar, lounge, restaurant. there is no new lot type included. instead if you add bowling lanes to bars or lounges it encourages sims to bowl since of those venues share common features

I bet they 'll do the same if we get a skating sp with roller links.

Yes it s shown t the end.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top