Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night Yay or Nay?

2...Next

Comments

• SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Well the trailer certainly did perk my interest. This feels like it will be another kids/movie/backyard stuff pack... But I am still unsure.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Well the trailer certainly did perk my interest. This feels like it will be another kids/movie/backyard stuff pack... But I am still unsure.

The livestream tomorrow will go more in depth
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7fCQlUhj0

:( I want another vacation destination.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I'm not much into bowling, but I'm all for more stuff for my Sims to do. And the Mystery Men reference in the trailer kind of makes me want to buy it just on principle :D
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I would prioritize (fully animated) cars over bowling...

And those who dare to argue "no point; they're useless since it's close world", I can give a similar response to bowling, since the43 aren't too many big size and in general plot down preset lots to include bowling alleys across the world.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    It's a yay and a nay for me. I love bowling! - though I'm not that great at it. :D And I love having my sims do it as well. But I would have liked to have seen it in some awesome EP with way more content. We could have gotten a whole activities packs. With skating, roller blading, skate boarding, dirt bikes, cars, scooters, darts, pool table, water sports (for the swimming pool), opening up all the waters in the worlds to swim in, etc. It just seems like another missed opportunity.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I'm not getting it. I want vintage glamour first.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    I have nothing against bowling, but this is an odd SP in my opinion. Commercial activities do not belong in these small stuff packs. Would have fit better in a bigger pack, with a new venue and more stuff to do. So my vote would be a no.

Graham said the expansion pack team had no intention on adding it to an EP. That's why were getting it in an SP and it already looks better then bowling in TS2 and TS3 just like TS4 Vampires are the best so far.

That is very debatable. Personally I think this bowling looks the same as the other two and the other two came in EP's where bowling fit in. There have been 2 EP's where bowling would have fit in TS4 (get together would have been absolutely perfect for bowling instead of constant partying) and I don't like the fact that I have to pay extra for something that should have been in an ep
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Definite Yah. I want the stuff this time because I really love the retro vibe. I want/need :) the clothes furniture and hair. Things to do when leaving the house is good too and I'd like to try the bowling... will I keep using bowling? I don't know. I tend to incorporated things loosely into gameplay after the first intense play session.
    I don't think you are being a Debbie Downer @2HubbiesNLove. When I look back I wish I hadn't gotten the kids pack.. I rarely use anything in it now. I think it was a good pack though.. just not one that I personally needed in retrospect... mostly because I don't play with kids often.
    I'm trying to think mostly about if I'll use the stuff as it comes out in the packs because my game feels pretty full right now. I actually am starting to worry about having too much in my game as time goes on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    I enjoyed watching the producer walk-through. Since bowling was on my wish list, it's a yes. Now, if I can get a pool table, and Sims lose money if they gamble on that, I would try to get that, too. :D

ETA: Just consider this is a stuff pack and how much they must have sunk into this 'stuff pack' for the new animations and gameplay. That's huge. I think just for that alone some should be excited they spent that much resource for the new gameplay and animation surrounding this 'stuff pack' which hasn't been done before as a 'stuff pack'. It's much more than getting in a hot tub. Animations are always a budget sticking point, so yeah, it's worth it and more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yay! Definitely buying.

I'm really looking forward to having something new to do with my Sims, especially having somewhere for my teens to hang out and have fun at the weekends! I'm glad to have more retro style objects and furniture too.

I want cars too but I think that'd take more work than we could reasonably expect from a stuff pack.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ETA: Just consider this is a stuff pack and how much they must have sunk into this 'stuff pack' for the new animations and gameplay. That's huge. I think just for that alone some should be excited they spent that much resource for the new gameplay and animation surrounding this 'stuff pack' which hasn't been done before as a 'stuff pack'. It's much more than getting in a hot tub. Animations are always a budget sticking point, so yeah, it's worth it and more.

This ^

Stuff packs used to be just a load of mimics of stuff we already had: new clothes, new chairs, etc. But in TS4 we get actual new gameplay for the same price. I'd take new gameplay objects over more 'stuff' any day!
  • tikithedragontikithedragon Posts: 20 New Member
    It's a yay for me! I still don't have a pack yet, and I find this one somewhat exciting so I plan to buy it a little while after it comes out. :smiley:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yay! Definitely buying.

I'm really looking forward to having something new to do with my Sims, especially having somewhere for my teens to hang out and have fun at the weekends! I'm glad to have more retro style objects and furniture too.

I want cars too but I think that'd take more work than we could reasonably expect from a stuff pack.
    Cinebar wrote: »

This ^

Stuff packs used to be just a load of mimics of stuff we already had: new clothes, new chairs, etc. But in TS4 we get actual new gameplay for the same price. I'd take new gameplay objects over more 'stuff' any day!

I think Origin needs to start doing preorders for stuff packs, too. I would go ahead and sign up for it. $10 for this much gameplay (way beyond the ice cream machine) is amazing price for what you can do with the bowling and the wall decals, and point scoring etc. and groups. If anyone is an avid bowler they may really want to reach that goal but my Sims would mainly do this for fun. It's way beyond some of the objects in the other stuff packs and they need to offer preorder. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yay, yay, yay !!!
    I’m very excited, I loved it in the Sims 2, so it must me awesome in the Sims 4! The trailers are great and the Livestrem was just fun.
    I like the new hairstyles and the clothes. I always welcome new features which Sims can practise together.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    nay for me, its not something that appeals to me i'd get bored of it after a day so even though it may only be a tenner or so id rather use my money on something else or nothing at all than spend on something i think is a waste
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    No, it's not something I enjoy in reality and it's not something I enjoy in games. It seems so dull to me that I know I would get bored of it after less than a week. Why would I spend my money on something I would instantly get fed up with? It's not worth it, in my personal opinion. EA needs to start listening to us in certain aspects!
  • Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    Personally I think yay. I love things like this and since I like making my game as realistic as possible I think I would really like using this. I'm gonna get it sometime hopefully. :)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Yay. I love the CAS and decor, I found a perfect hangout for one of my clubs, and it inspired me to create new types of working class households for my game.
    EiFlric.png
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Yay. I love the CAS and decor, I found a perfect hangout for one of my clubs, and it inspired me to create new types of working class households for my game.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I got it, so suppose it's a yea, but there are things in the Sims2 version that are better: sims get the standard two throws, they are more likely to sit down between turns, more interaction with other sims in the area, there are secondary areas with pool tables, video games and such. Sims2 also has old lady Crumplebottom throwing 300 games, which generates a lot of activity at her end of the establishment.