Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butlers need IMPROVING + Suggestions

RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm posting this here because I couldn't see a 'Stuff Pack' section (please move it if there is a section that I've missed).

I find it really annoying that there is no 'follow sim' option or 'group' or 'come here' option for the butler. My Sim has a 3 story house that is massive and when I ring the bell and select 'play piano' for example, he will go to the nearest piano to him, which can be 3 stories away from my sim.

I wish there was way to make the butler follow my sim or a 'come here' command to the butler. On the SP video, it made it seem like the butler would 'wait' on the sim for orders/commands, whereas in game the butler pretty much just wonders around 90% of the time no where near my sim.

I think the butler needs improving bad. One way it could be improved is by a 'come here' option or 'follow sim' or even a ability to allow your sim to form a group with him. At this point, other than not taking up a sim slot, there is very few benefits of actually hiring a butler. Needless to say its cheaper and probably less of a hassle if I just created my own butler in CAS (and added him/her to the family) then got him/her to follow my sim around, at least things will get done then.
Post edited by Raevyn on

Comments

• starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Can you use the group action to add the butler to your group (I've never tried)? Then "move here together" will summon him to where ever you like.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree. Butlers doing what they've been told to do would be a start.
    giphy_1.gif
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Can you use the group action to add the butler to your group (I've never tried)? Then "move here together" will summon him to where ever you like.
    I've tried doing this, it wont work because the Sim is deemed a 'butler' and a 'service sim' so they cannot be added to a group.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Ciarassims, I totally agree.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    XElladoraX wrote: »
    starcrunch wrote: »
    I've tried doing this, it wont work because the Sim is deemed a 'butler' and a 'service sim' so they cannot be added to a group.

Ahh, too bad. Thanks for trying it out!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Put a chess table in the room. Invite the butler to play. Then ask them to play that piano.
  • DiabolicalAFDiabolicalAF Posts: 70 Member
    ALL service NPCs need improving. Half the time they're standing around doing nothing or don't even turn up.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I hate that butlers tend to be kleptomaniacs. Sacked loads of butlers, I have.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    My butlers are mostly good. I do wish they had assigned hours, and days off, when they would do their own thing.
    I agree with what everyone said here. They need improving and perhaps a few more commands as well, like I said a 'come here' command or a 'follow command' (perhaps both), a 'give time off' option would also be nice, and maybe a 'bring food/drink here' option as well? I found when I ordered my butler to make a single meal (for my sim), he would cook it and not even place it down, just went straight to eating it himself.

I hope the devs/mods see this post and forward it to the team, because it's just small things like this that really improve game play.
  • littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    For me, I really want them to fix butlers who are not sleeping, eating, taking a bath and using toilet. Mine in the game don't and it's kind of lame. Is it my luck that butlers in my game don't do that while they do in other people's games? Is there even such a thing like that, am I right? SO disappointed.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
    For me, I really want them to fix butlers who are not sleeping, eating, taking a bath and using toilet. Mine in the game don't and it's kind of lame. Is it my luck that butlers in my game don't do that while they do in other people's games? Is there even such a thing like that, am I right? SO disappointed.

My butler does all those things, but I think their needs just decay/decrease at a slower rate. My sim will have 2 complete sleep cycles (or roughly 2.5 sim days) before I see her butler jump into bed and sleep. He certainly eats her food when I tell him to make a single meal.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Off topic but how many pianos does your sim have :D ? I wouldn't like a butler following my sim everywhere by the way. It would be nice if you could give him a 'space' in the house where he'd wait for instructions (the upstairs downstairs principle) until your sim orders him. And yes, he should come over then. Hope they can tweak that.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Off topic but how many pianos does your sim have :D ?
    She lives in the penthouse in San Myshuno (sp?) and its a 4 story building, she originally had 3 pianos but I removed two because Mr Butler was going to which ever he was close to. I don't necessarily want the butler to follow me around 24/7 but I think the option would be nice. More options for butlers is essentially what I want.

And I agree, being able to assign the butler a room or even assign him a place to 'station' or just wait for orders at would be handy.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Also what needs to be done to the butler is have some set hours to work even though he lives in your house he does not need to roam checking for dust 24/7 or spraying the computers. The butler should cook meals at a set time each day, then at about 8pm sim time he can retire to his room or relax then sleep
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • whitvalidwhitvalid Posts: 2 New Member
    Well what the hell am I suppose to do get a butler help me out with babies
  • crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    Mine is a drunk. Like I put the globe bar thing in the main living area. They spend all their time drinking

There needs to be a way we can ban them from drinking from it, but at the same time can make us drinks.

It would also be great if we can set their uniform, their bathroom, and so on. I hate the fact that I have a bathroom connected to their room, but they use the nice one connected to the master bedroom.
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    Butlers should greet caller at the door.. @snootypatooty Yep.. I think they should keep the same hours as the sims of the household.. My butler is up all night and sleeps, or is gone all day..
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    LOL Butlers are a mess. I second all the posts here. I also agree we should be able to assaign work hours for out butlers.