Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No specific club hangout location

Hey guys,

I have a question for you, who played with clubs a lot. If I don't set a specific club hangout, do I assume correctly that NPC clubs will then gather randomly all over the world? And what are the chances that you actually meet them then? Anybody ever try that before?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It just means that you can first go any where and start up the club at that location. If you don't, it will just start it up where your sim is at the moment.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    It just means that you can first go any where and start up the club at that location. If you don't, it will just start it up where your sim is at the moment.

Hm maybe my description was not fully understood, I mean when I set a club for Sims that I don't control, like the three maxis vampires, I set the club location to any Nightclub, but what if I don't add any location? Can I then theoretically meet them anywhere?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You can, but you have to first send your sim there first, and then start it up. Also if you get 3 or more members in a location, the club will automatically start. So if your sim is at a certain place, it can be any place, and the others show up then the club gathering will start also. Well almost any place, I've read there are two different places a gathering won't happen, one is at the camp grounds, and the other is a generic lots.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hmmm I don't think you'll meet that club anywhere actually, but I might be wrong. @luthienrising tends to know a lot about the club features though, maybe she knows
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hmmm I don't think you'll meet that club anywhere actually, but I might be wrong. @luthienrising tends to know a lot about the club features though, maybe she knows

That's not true though! I changed very shortly to Vlad the vampire and created a vampire club with 3 vampires in it. I added as hangout lot the nightclubs and the first 2 nights I went with my own Sim over to a nightclub, I saw that the vampires started a gathering there, so you do see clubs that you don't really play gathering at hangout spots.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

That's not true though! I changed very shortly to Vlad the vampire and created a vampire club with 3 vampires in it. I added as hangout lot the nightclubs and the first 2 nights I went with my own Sim over to a nightclub, I saw that the vampires started a gathering there, so you do see clubs that you don't really play gathering at hangout spots.

True, but I have also noticed you can set a particular restaurant and they still show up at all of them. (Even ones without enough tables and they never sit down, either). It does need fixing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @Tanja1986 If a club's hangout is "Any Park", they can be seen at any park. If a club's hangout is "None", you will never see them.