Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    True Blue Gaming

Gallery Link

Another entry to Rosemow's "One room one week one theme" challenge. The theme this time was a game room for playing the Sims4. This was a theme I was particularly excited about, as I have been waiting for a chance to make my dream game room! My boyfriend and I still have yet to buy a house, and when we do we have big plans to make a game room. We both spend all our time on the PC (after the kids are in bed), so why not? We have discussed how we want it to look often, and this is my version of it. I know for a fact my boyfriend would want even more screens. My boyfriend would be sitting to the left with the extra lamp (he has that in real life too), and I would be sitting on the right. Not easy to see in the photos, but that seat has a great view to the TV. I love watching TV while playing Sims4.

FUGugya.png
    D5mnrH9.png
    zWNfdbr.png
    01NhS3N.png
    FhloV1b.png
    Hvm2Znj.png
    a3oVf4q.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    edited October 2017
    Tropical Oasis

Lot size: 20x15
    Cost: $39,117
    Lot type: National Park

Gallery link

Inspiration:

This is an entry to Quality Control Challenge 53. The challenge was to create a park with a gazebo and a centerpiece. The challenge was designed to really test our landscaping skills. I decided on a tropical theme for my entry, and started out making the gazebo. The gazebo itself had some requirements in terms of size, and it also had to include the BBQ and picnic tables. The waterfall outside is my centerpiece. These two main items where the first things I built, then I built the rest of the park around them. The Tiki bar came in quite late, and was a matter of "I need to fill this space with something". I had a lot of fun creating this park, and I learned a lot about terrain paint and creating garden beds.

Front view:
    zZqfiyf.png

Bird's eye view:
    4oi9X2Y.png

The gazebo including the must have BBQ and picnic tables.
    sntV2z6.png
    xlSnVs1.png
    1WjHqg8.png

The waterfall I created as the centerpiece.
    xQwbWki.png

The Tiki bar, chess table under the parasol, and the seating area.
    U2sceWk.png
    E3I47E5.png
    zquyhQ7.png

Night view:
    6e96Yho.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    It is great that you have added the rooms and Tropical Oasis to your showcase thread :) I have posted about them on the other threads so won’t post again here, but just wanted to say again that the designing and furnishing of them is very nice! Congratulations again on them being favourited by Maxis! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! You are very kind to congratulate me yet again :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Tropical Oasis is gorgeous! Congrats on your well deserved faved by Maxis, dear!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    This is so cute @laebeth. My fave part is your fountain. I love how you've built it up and it looks like a natural rock fountain. The path around it is a nice touch too. Isn't that plate/cup/napkin clutter the best to use when you need to throw something on the counter? Those volcanic flowers are one of my faves too. Congrats on the fave! How do you get your top down view? I can only get to top down in build mode, not in play mode.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    Thank you so much @joRN1414 :blush: I do love that new plate item/clutter from the parenthood pack yes!

Well, you are correct, you only get the top down view in build mode. It doesn't work in play mode. So I take that image in build mode, use T to get the right view and... (and this is where the magic happens)... you hit G to make the grid disappear. You can use G to toggle it on and off in fact. Very handy to use anyway, if you for whatever reason want to take screenshots in build mode too. Taking screenshots in build mode means things like lamps etc doesn't disappear for example :p

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Thank you! I knew there was a way to remove the grid, but not how. Thanks for the tip. Ok, now another question. When I'm in build mode how do I access the camera?
    No problem at all @joRN1414 :) What exactly do you mean by accessing the camera? You mean take photos? You can press C to take screenshots. That works for both build mode and play mode.

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Laebeth wrote: »
    No problem at all @joRN1414 :) What exactly do you mean by accessing the camera? You mean take photos? You can press C to take screenshots. That works for both build mode and play mode.

Thank you!! That helps a ton!
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Lolz, I think in that case the student has bested the teacher by now! :wink: Just look at your fabulous rooms! B)

They could not be more different in style, but both your Duck Tales (ha, love the name of this one! :smile: ) and your gaming room are so wonderfully detailed and both have such a fitting style. B) Really cool builds, both of them. And congrats on Favs for both of them! :smile:

Tropical Oasis looks fantastic! Love the tropical theme and fitting gazebo and the landscaping is just gorgeous! <3 Also love that you included extra activities like the bar and chess table in the park. Fantastic job! And looks like someone's on a winning streak hehe, congrats on another super deserved Maxis fav! B)
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Love your tropical oasis gazebo!!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @Laebeth, Ducktales is a beautiful study! I love the art!
    The gaming room looks very cool. I like how you changed the color of the light.
    Tropical Oasis looks wonderful! Love the fountain! It looks very peaceful. I never was able to find a way to use that bar...you found the perfect spot for it!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Tropical Oasis is like paradise, an absolutely beautiful park with the most amazing landscaping. I would love to visit this little haven :) Many congrats on the well deserved Maxis fav :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Oh my, I have been terribly neglecting my own showcase! I apologize guys!

@Corwim You are too kind my friend, too kind <3 Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, glad you liked them! And yes, I was very fortunate to get faved for them, lucky week I guess ;)

@withlovejulien Thank you so much! So kind of you to stop by <3

@illusie Thank you so much sweetie :blush: You know, that is the first time I have used that bar myself! haha. It was a bit of a random thought that popped into my head while trying to think of ways to fill up the bare spaces of the park :p

@masajo What an absolutely wonderful compliment! And thank you for the congrats as well :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you @Laebeth I just saw my gazebo got Maxis fav and giving the links for a simmer as well for the comps I hope she or he can find their way here and thanks for the congrats <3:)

and Congrats on your Tropical Oasis Love the tropical theme with the creative waterfall <3
    Post edited by chips46 on
    Hey @chips46 ! Wait, you saw I sent that person the link? haha. Are you psychic or something?! haha! Well yeah they were asking, so I thought I'd put it up. The more the merrier right? :wink:

That Maxis fave was well deserved, it's a beautiful park and it deserves the recognition <3

Oh, and thank you very much for the congrats! :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    What me psychic yeah right I wish haha @Laebeth I just reread my comment to you I dont think I made any sense haha my writing never makes any sense my father and his family and I we have been told we have our own language that doesn't make any sense some have said what part of the planet you come from haha this is why I dont do much commenting on forum threads or showcase threads I'll give you a like or awesome but that will be about it but do try and say something never mind haha now what I was trying to say is I read in the comments in my garden gazebo a simmer wanted to know where are the building challenges are and I went to her wall and I saw your comment that you left the links for the QC forums thread I was just about to do the same thing giving the building challenge links to the QC thread I hope she can find her way here to the QC challenges or any on the forum challenge threads now does this make any sense if not I guess you have to work it out what I'm trying to say :D
    edited October 2017
    Haha @chips46 ! Oh not to worry, I understand you. You see I have some practice in whatever language you speak :p

No I did assume you somehow saw my comment on her page yes, my psychic response was sarcastic (which doesn't translate well in writing..sorry!). I just thought I'd help her out, and didn't think you'd be doing the same. I assumed the chances were small! haha! So I was just a bit surprised :p

There's not much wrong with what you write, it's that you don't punctuate, so one has to guess where the commas and punctuations go. lol. Funny enough, my mother in law (who is Australian too btw) does the exact same thing. Hence, I have quite a bit of practice in your language!

Sorry to make you feel bad, thinking I was not understanding you properly, that was not my intention <3

I do hope she finds her way too! hehe

And you shouldn't be hesitant about commenting on the forum. Go for it. I understand you fine, so I would love to see more of you around ;)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Nice builds!
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I absolutely love your game room and tropical Oasis! Can't wait to see more!! :)
    Time to spend some time updating my showcase! As per usual I will not be posting everything I create, but only showcase my personal favorites. Sorry in advance for the upcoming spam :wink:

I am also very sorry I am not keeping up with you kind souls out there leaving comments here for me. I have this unfortunate tendency to read a comment, appreciate it, think I have to respond to it but decide to do it later.. then I forget.

@Nore Thank you for stopping by! I'm happy you liked them! :blush:

@equuest Thank you so much! <3 And well... there will now be more! Just let me get my "showcase update hat" on :wink:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited November 2017
    My life - My story
    Gallery link

This is a family close to my heart, because this family is inspired by my very own family. It was entered into the QC Monthly Challenge nr 24, which asked us to share a family that means something to us, or that we play often in the game. I am one of those people who always make myself in the game when playing. Over the years there have been many versions of me. The one shared here I created when I came back to the game in January 2017 after a very long break. Because it is so personal I did consider carefully if I wanted to share them. But I did decide to in the end. I play with real names in the game but before uploading I did change them, for privacy reasons. First names are kept real though.

Christine - Yep, this is me! I am quite ambitious in life. I'm well educated and have a job I enjoy and things I want to achieve. Still, family always comes first. I really hope my kids are successful in life, following whatever path is right for them. That's why I chose this ambition for myself. That's also why I added the family oriented trait. I am a massive perfectionist, and it creates quite a few problems in life. I have spent many years working on this, accepting that things don't have to be 100% all the time. It's a work in progress still. As for the last trait, neat, well I guess I have a low tolerance for clutter. It doesn't take much before I feel the need to clean it.

UI39uko.jpg

Gary - My wonderful partner. I gave him the computer whiz ambition as he works in IT and is above average interested in all things computer. Also, he is a huge nerd and a game, which is why I added the nerd trait. He is the same as me, in that he always puts family first, so I gave him the family oriented trait. Lastly, I did put up slob, but he actually isn't. This more refers to the fact that he has a higher tolerance for clutter than me, so it takes longer before he decides something needs cleaning.

fVEcqWy.jpg

Elias - My firstborn son. I gave him the active ambition as he is high and low, constantly climbing on walls. I call him a duracell bunny as he never seems to stop. He has endless amounts of energy that doesn't seem to run out. Ever.

M38ZAOx.jpg

Nicolai - I call him my baby, but I'm having to realize that he really isn't anymore. He is a very different personality than his brother. He is more calmer and more quiet. He is a ponderer, while his brother is a screamer. He is my precious little cutie. Since he was born he has been a momma's boy and he still is. He clings to me where ever I go, so that's why I gave him this trait.

XLezKCh.jpg

Gary normally wears his hair in a bun, but I didn't find a hairstyle reflecting this well enough, so I decided he would have it loose. As for me, the braid has a story. Almost 5 years ago when I was pregnant with the oldest, I had just cut my hair short (above shoulders). After this I stopped cutting it, and for the last 5 years I probably cut it 3 or 4 times. So now it's long. When Nicolai was born last summer it became less practical with a small baby, so I started keeping it in a braid. Elias always has crazy bed hair that never wants to lie nicely, and Nicolai has gotten very long haired now as I am still not ready for that first haircut. For Christmas I reckon. Maybe.

Here are some close ups of us:

AjVzpQI.jpgAJ1P4Fd.jpg
    oQD5Fba.jpguYuk8xN.jpg

As for me, I'm pretty boring in my clothing style. I wear simple plain things. I like black so I end up wearing that a lot. I rarely wear patterns or mix colors, as I am just terrible at it.

Christine's outfits:

JXnoA7M.jpg?3h37jQei.jpg?2NDoPa0p.jpg?2nghyu0h.jpg?2nS1wkcv.jpg?29NLfcfa.jpg?2

Gary's outfits:

iglVUiT.jpg?2Xt3LRFx.jpg?22qRUt8w.jpg?2lXPHE6z.jpg?1Wlk6LQr.jpg?2TC6myUy.jpg?2

I didn't put up all the outfit for the kids, but here they are in their every day outfits:

f7jr8U7.jpgbjDtVf9.jpg
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Whitlock Woods

Lot size: 30x20
    Cost: $148,782
    2br, 1ba

Inspiration:
    This was created for the QC Challenge nr 54. We were tasked to pick a Halloween character and to build them a house. My chosen character was a ghost, and I wanted to create an abandoned house for her to live in. I wanted it to look weathered and ruined, and as if it had decayed over decades of simply being worn down. This house is Victorian inspired, since my ghost Sim is from the Victorian era. There is not a lot of landscaping and the fencing missing in places is meant to look like parts of the fence has been ripped apart or destroyed. I also manipulated the lighting and dimmed it, both inside and out, since an abandoned house really shouldn't have electricity, yet it seemed silly to make it completely dark. As someone has already pointed out, the house would probably look nice if someone took the time to fix it up to it's former glory.

If you are interested in checking out Amelia Whitlock, the owner of this house, she can be found here. I also added a bonus screenshot of her at the bottom.

Front view:
    5Zr1pze.png?1

Back view:
    lkXrLal.png?1

Side views:
    99O5IuH.png?1
    md1mlXZ.png?1

Floor plan:
    PbV6EBQ.png
    kaciA8e.png

Outdoor pond:
    mgkzqy3.png

Entrance:
    vletgzM.png

Living room:
    hKQf9Bg.png
    3KtH8J9.png
    a8ZXysf.png

Kitchen:
    1eXeXVb.png
    YwoNNtL.png

Dining room:
    JeusbBz.png

For those of you wanting to check out the rest of the house you can find the remaining rooms here:
    Master bedroom:
    rHQ172L.png
    46ep4qI.png

Upstair hallway:
    ROfXPR4.png
    BaDz2mg.png

Bathroom:
    wdUxw0b.png
    og71Qbq.png

Second bedroom:
    o7AzpGf.png
    eNcUvar.png

Study:
    1bwIMuF.png
    jURdL7G.png
    ZW0RFJv.png

Bonus: Amelia Whitlock
    kU1q5Gn.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited November 2017
    Back to the 80s
    Gallery link

Lot size: 30x20
    Cost: $94,024
    2br, 1ba

Inspiration:
    This was an entry into a brand new challenge being hosted; Dynamic Developers. For the first challenge they wanted an 80's inspired home. This set me on the path to researching a lot about 80's interior decorating, and what a journey that has been. It is not my favorite decade in terms of style, but it did have it's own flare that's for sure. The floral patterns, the country and shabby chic interior, coastal themes, more potted plants than anyone needs, carpets and vinyl, glass dining tables, pastel colors, cushions and tables with skirts... yep, it had it's own flare that's for sure. I had a lot of fun creating this home!

Because I had so much fun with the house I wanted to try and create an 80's family that would go with it. You can find them here. I added a picture of them at the bottom as a bonus.

Front view:
    OcJBNk6.png?1

Back view:
    YeW1Lp8.png?1

Side views:
    BA9i5xB.png?1
    bIZrnjL.png?1

Floor plan:
    KoWyIPK.png

Outdoor areas:
    YGlUjcL.png
    pyBnCg5.png
    nFBOGqZ.png

Combined entrance, living room and dining room:
    XZzOP3w.png

Kitchen:
    dqvbC7X.png
    oRxbPxk.png

Game room:
    yz26LRQ.png
    2LaXmAo.png

If you want to check out the rest of the house you can find the remaining rooms here:
    Master bedroom:
    2RbNnkE.png
    0yQ2WVq.png

Second bedroom:
    Rt4FCHP.png
    863StTy.png

Bathroom:
    xYCu6rB.png
    cALOKW7.png

Bonus: The Sanders family
    S54TOyc.png