Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Okaaaay! I have time! (Some time, so...)
    Barbara is a very nice name! We should go with it!
    What's everyone's favorite font when reading? Or just a favorite font in general?
    I don't really have one, but I like those that are formal, but not too formal, you know? Circular ones but not too circular.
    Re:Genetics and character, With the current genes in the stories, I think the genetic is kinds of diverse, plan on adding sims with diferent backgrounds, and to try to make the sims not identical, randomize a few times in cas! I think that people tend to creat similar characters because they make they thinking in their personal concept of what is beautiful, so put the same lip style, same eye-style, because try to make the sim more like it, clothing, I try to make it almost cartoony, with x sims has x style, but not force too much, like, one sims dresses more formally, while the other uses more colors, or, she is very girly and loves to uses dresses...and go on...and tend to use general color for each sim.
    And I'm most likely going to read what's in the link later...
    Oh! About reading, I think it depends on interrest, if it's short or not, if it needs some time to think or not!

Xoxo xoxo See you guys later! :)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I'm loving this conversation. I think that readability is a huge factor in how long it takes​ me to binge read a story. I am all about binge reading.

Sometimes font can be an issue, but it really doesn't matter to me. Something I've noticed that deterred me in the past though is the background color of the screen. I can't handle it if it's too bright, a weird color, or doesn't​ contrast enough with the writing.

In terms of screenshots, I also struggle when the screenshots don't match the written story. So I'd prefer less screenshots and more words of that's what makes more sense.

And that reminds me, the number of words in a given sentence or paragraph make a difference for me. If it's more than five or six lines, visually it just weighs a lot.

It's something to think about because some people read on a computer screen, some people read on their phone, some people waiting on a tablet. So you end up with a chapter that can visually appear three different ways. It's something I like about WordPress, so I get a chance to preview what my posts look like on the three different mediums.

Once we're all caught up with each other's stories, I'd love to have an story by story in-depth discussion about this. Or at least for my story. I'm sure there are things I could do to immediately improve the look of my story, and I bet you guys could help with that.

I agree with everything you said. My story looks different on a phone - the pictures are basically all the same size and I have smaller ones sometimes. But I can also preview what it will look like on a phone on blogger. It basically looks the same on my tablet. Are there other ways to view it?

I would love to dig into everyone's story and see what could be done to make them better. I think we are all agreeable to that. :)
  • Options
    I'm thinking that I definitely am going to start using other people Subs it was stories. Once all of the pre-mades that come in the game grow old, I'll probably ask other people to give me Sims to marry my Sims off to. That way the gene pool stays diverse.

Great idea! I have all of TS3 and most of TS4 but will happily get the remaining EPs and SPs that I don't have.
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 - Yes! If they look alike they must be attractive! An unwritten rule! lol But I think we all gravitate to a particular look without realizing it when we create our sims. That's why @cecerose0208's suggestion for getting other people to create sims for their sims to marry is a good idea. In TS3, when the game starts generating NPCs to fill roles, a lot of the time they look very much alike. You can use some of the premades - but sorry - some of those are just b*utt ugly depending on which world you are in. :neutral:
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Yes, that's definitely the reason! :joy:@AudreyFld speaking of gravitating to particular looks, I have a tendency to make smaller eyes and have only subtle differences in between my sims since I use the same five kinds of eyes and only like, 3-4 types of noses. I've been trying to use other ones, but some are just hard to use. :sob: Plus, it doesn't help that MCC marries off and breeds townies and townie kids with really thin lips so even though I don't use that preset they're everywhere in my game.
    I have added in random gallery sims once, but they ended up getting themselves culled or they sorta just die off without me ever finding them anywhere. :sob: Why are sims hard to find? Maybe it's because my in-game population is ridiculous

I should actually make use of the club system like @cecerose0208 does. I only have three clubs I tend to manage, and when I'm away, they're only found punching each other at the park or at night clubs since they're all rivals :joy:
  • Options
    @Cement - I haven't played TS4 enough to really experience the way it works as far as culling goes. But it does sound frustrating. And I do the same in TS3 as far as the sims I make looking so similar! In my current story, Leroy was a bartender that was game generated when I added the bar. He stuck. I really liked him. All I changed on him was his hair. I don't remember what it was but it was ridiculous. Probably the dreaded pig tails! Lol.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I only started using clubs to force my Sims to interact. It wasn't going very well waiting on them to do it organically. It worked for the teens, and now it's working to have a way to connect all my households in the neighborhood, at least the active ones, haha.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Arrowleaf - I had fun taking pictures of my sims. I did them all in one shot because of the toddlers...soooo many toddlers....and they are important to the story. Here are three different poses. Use whichever one works best. Feel free to crop as much as needed. Or if you feel it would be better to try to do each sim individually, I can.
    rrMZH8B.jpg
    1Z32HMx.jpg
    1VKNrSX.jpg
  • Options
    I love these pictures of your family! I wish I could get all my Epsteins into one photo. I know there are mods and whatnot to make it happen. I just haven't researched which one to use.

@CitizenErased14, which mod do you use to get all your people into one spot and sitting still for the family photos?
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 - Aww. Thanks. Well I only had 7 to pose. It was TS3 too. So some are pose player.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @cecerose0208 I use the teleported mod and pose player:smiley: It can be a frustrating process sometimes haha but it's always fun to get those types of pics!

@AudreyFld those pics are adorable! :love:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I use the teleported mod and pose player:smiley: It can be a frustrating process sometimes haha but it's always fun to get those types of pics!

@AudreyFld those pics are adorable! :love:

Teleporter mod and pose player? Can you tell me where I can find those mods? I'm just really frustrated with the pictures I'm getting of my Sims. And trying to take two-by-two pictures of the Epsteins using the Photography studio pushed me over the edge. :(
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I'm on my phone so linking is very hard... but if you google Andrew's Sims 4 Studio you should find both mods (they're on the same page) :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 - Thanks. Have a good day!
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I'm on my phone so linking is very hard... but if you google Andrew's Sims 4 Studio you should find both mods (they're on the same page) :)

I found his page. I've bookmarked it for later. I'm working today and tomorrow, but I'm probably going to lose hours this weekend learning how this mod works. You and your story are such a bad influence on me. I used no CC before I started getting hooked on being able to do some of the cool things you come up with!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

I found his page. I've bookmarked it for later. I'm working today and tomorrow, but I'm probably going to lose hours this weekend learning how this mod works. You and your story are such a bad influence on me. I used no CC before I started getting hooked on being able to do some of the cool things you come up with!

The mod isn't difficult at all, you'll get it in no time :)
    Hope you have a good day at work!
  • Options
    Shoutout to @Arrowleaf who is an all-star binge reader! :joy: You're almost on Gen 5! Home stretch... ish! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Shoutout to @Arrowleaf who is an all-star binge reader! :joy: You're almost on Gen 5! Home stretch... ish! :smiley:

I just made it and... wow. That's all I can say. Wow. ;_;

Hopefully I'll be completely caught up by this weekend but we will see!
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Did you have any particular text you wanted on the siggy? Or just the title of the story?
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    @AudreyFld Did you have any particular text you wanted on the siggy? Or just the title of the story?

@Arrowleaf - The name is fine. It doesn't need to be super fancy. So excited!
  • Options
    I have been on a writing roll the last few days. :) I don't know what triggered it, but happy that I am so far ahead. I will have a new chapter posted tonight and have 3 more mostly written. Now I just have to go in game and play to get pics for the rest of the ones I've already written. Yay! Some of the upcoming chapters seem to be shorter than most of the others so that is good. I will need to find where blogger does word counts. I know some of my chapters are long and could easily been divided into part a and part b.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @AudreyFld Let me know what you think. I can easily go in and edit them (like if you want to put 'A Sims 3 Story' or something on it. Or if you want a different font color). I dont have sims 3 on my computer anymore, so I used a random picture of Willow Creek that I took and liked for the first one. If you wanted a closer one, and more simple, I made that one as a back up.

when you put the image in your siggy it should automatically shrink it to the correct height in the first one. If it doesn't let me know and I can fix that.

1o51Jxf.png

V8Hmspb.png

4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    @arrowleaf - Awww. Thanks so much. I will see how they look. They are both great!
  • Options
    @Arrowleaf You did such a good job with this! Anyone who sees this is going to be like, whoa, why do they have three toddlers that look so obviously different and therefore aren't triplets?!?!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @arrowleaf. Doing a happy dance!!! <3 I love it! <3 Thank you so much!!!!
    I just realized she is back in the same outfit as my avatar! I make them change clothes all the time..so funny.