Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimCity Complete Edition questions

FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
I really enjoy playing this game and building up my town! Hoping for some advise on these questions:

1) How do you figure out the best way to place your sewage outflow pipes? I always check the wind and place them away from the town so as not to make them sick. It starts out fine, then as the city gets bigger, I have to add more. The sewage tends to go to one of them more than the other which can lead to overflow. Now when I build my town up to get enough people to upgrade my city hall, I really prefer to go for "transportation" before "Utilities". I end up with utilities, just so I can get the sewage treatment plant. Is there a way to use the cheaper ones? I can't figure out how to route them properly. How do you route your sewage?

2) Some of the cities in the world, have nothing but water. It is hard to make money when there is no coal, ore, or oil. Seems the gambling is the best way till you can get the "tourism" from upgrading city hall. What do you do when starting out in this type of world?

3) I find the Great Works really tough. I built up a lot of the cities in the world and tried sending stuff over there, it seems a slow process. I usually don't bother with it (I never made it very far either). My cities get so crowded (I really dislike using Mega Towers, but it seems the only way to go when my city gets really big). Does it help having a Great Works?

Any advice is really appreciated!