Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Randomize traits upon age up setting in options.

MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
what we really really need is a way to randomize traits.

please make this happen at some point before this game ever reaches it's end.

choosing traits is so annoying. we have 2 parents, the traits should randomly be chosen at least to some extent from a mix of the parents.

if it could be a checkbox added into game settings to never be asked for traits and be done randomly that would really make my day.

before anyone mentions it, I know there are websites. i'm not interested. it's a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 enough scrolling thru all the traits trying to decide let alone leaving the game, going to some stupid website and all that other crap.

all i want is a simple little randomize traits button added to the gui and / or a checkbox in game settings to not bother me. so those of you who wish to keep picking or using your websites can continue to do so without the rest of us having to suffer.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I want this too. I would *much* rather not have to rely on an outside website and trusting them to stay up to date with new content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I love this idea. Randomization is more life-like.
  • Options
    Exactly... thats why i just cant grasp why it isnt an option.
  • Options
    AyrellAyrell Posts: 40 Member
    I really miss the randomizer button! Would be great for challenges and legacies. I vote for it to be implemented again.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes, please!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Yes! A randomizer button for selecting traits/aspirations in both CAS and in the age-up screen would be great! As it was said, it would save the hassle of using a 3rd party. We already have a randomizer for names and clothing, and those are incredibly useful!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I hope they add the randomize traits button at some point! It was so useful!
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    The reason they originally gave for not adding a randomize trait button was that traits were such a big part of the game, they wanted the player to choose carefully as it would actually have a big impact on gameplay. After years of playing the game and seeing the traits in action, I think we can safely say that they were talking rubbish and just didn't want to keep saying they didn't have time. They really need to add this back, ideally where it takes into account the traits of the parents.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Ooooh I would love this! I always cover the screen when picking traits so it can be a surprise.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    It would be cool, I want a realistic gameplay.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I would like the option for it to be random but I also like being able to choose.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, I use outside websites a lot, but this is one of those things that seems like an easy fix to add to the game to make it more enjoyable, so why not do it?
  • Options
    looks like it's finally gonna happen with parenthood pack. :) saw the second Q&A with @SimGuruNinja and he mentioned something about how kids are raised affects what traits they get on ageup. so glad this feature is finally coming.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    looks like it's finally gonna happen with parenthood pack. :) saw the second Q&A with @SimGuruNinja and he mentioned something about how kids are raised affects what traits they get on ageup. so glad this feature is finally coming.

Those are a new category of trait - character value traits - that gets assigned not randomly but based on the character values (also a new thing in the GP) that that Sim develops as a child and teen. They're not randomized, and they won't affect the original trait system either.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    🐸🐸🐸🐸... got excited for nothing.

random... inherited... based on whatever they might have done or whatever it may be, i dont understand why this cant be a thing. makes no sense.

-walks away very disappointed