Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking of going back to The Sims 3

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I agree, @Surreal. But I think this issue is particularly difficult for certain folks (some of whom are teens or younger) who maybe feel like they need the support of their cohorts in order to take a particular course of action.

It's all part of the maturing process to eventually realize that each of us are fully capable of making up our own minds about things and don't need to be affected by others' opinions, either pro or con. :)

Yes, it is all part of the process. And while I understand that, I also understand that just leaving them to figure it all out by themselves isn't the way to go either. Besides, one has only to look at the insanity that is going on in the world right now to see that a great many people grow up without the ability to make up their own minds or engage in rational thought. An example here and there shouldn't come amiss.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    As many others have said, there is nothing wrong with going back and forth. I do all the time. I played TS4 almost exclusively from November until last week. Did not give TS3 or any of the other versions much thought. But having a simblr and being part of a sims community on facebook leads to me seeing others playing TS3, which then makes me want to play it again too. So, today, I have spent the majority of the day downloading a bunch of TS3 expansions and store content onto my computer so I can start playing that exclusively now.

I have a gaming laptop now so I have tons of space to hold all four versions, plus Medieval. But if you are finding you are low on space, what I used to do is keep all versions installed on my computer to save myself a headache. But then only have the files of the current game you want to play on your PC and the rest backed up on a flash drive or portable hard drive. Whenever you feel like moving to a different game again, all you have to do is swap out the game files. Saves a lot of time and space.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    I agree, @Surreal. But I think this issue is particularly difficult for certain folks (some of whom are teens or younger) who maybe feel like they need the support of their cohorts in order to take a particular course of action.

It's all part of the maturing process to eventually realize that each of us are fully capable of making up our own minds about things and don't need to be affected by others' opinions, either pro or con. :)

Yes, it is all part of the process. And while I understand that, I also understand that just leaving them to figure it all out by themselves isn't the way to go either. Besides, one has only to look at the insanity that is going on in the world right now to see that a great many people grow up without the ability to make up their own minds or engage in rational thought. An example here and there shouldn't come amiss.

Absolutely! Was not attempting to minimize what you had said, if it came across that way I apologize. Just wanted to make a point. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Surreal wrote: »

Absolutely! Was not attempting to minimize what you had said, if it came across that way I apologize. Just wanted to make a point. :)

Eek... I didn't think that for a minute - and it was a perfectly valid point. If you read that last part with a dry, slightly sarcastic twist to it, you'll have nailed it. ;)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Surreal oh I totally agree with that last part you wrote, too! Unfortunately I'm reminded of that nearly every day when I watch the nightly news. :#
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Yeah... let's not go there. :/
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just play them both. I do, like a lot of other simmers. I always tell myself with a new pack for the sims 4, now I will stop playing the sims 3.
    I don't need it anymore! But not even a week later and I am starting my sims 3 game again. There is just something about sims 3 that I can't let go. The same goes for sims 4. They should just combine the 2. :DB)
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    I mostly play sims 3 because I love the open world side of it and I like my sims to go horse riding which I love to do in sims 3, I did get sims 4 when it first came out but was disappointed to find it was not open world and I couldn't be bothered with the loading side of it so I gave my sims 4 game to the RSPCA charity shop to sell, so when I put mostly I should have put it was my choice to play sims 3 but after seeing the pics and reading about sims 4 I am wondering if I should give it another try or just wait till sims 5 comes out but I think I've seen it say it wont be out till 2019 and that seems ages to wait
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    mineral1 wrote: »
    I like both games, but i have become bored with TS4 because of loading screens which makes me not go out of the house there anymore lol, i just detest those loading screens because i am an impatient person.

I usually solve(d) a Rubik's cube while waiting. :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    rachelt405 wrote: »
    I mostly play sims 3 because I love the open world side of it and I like my sims to go horse riding which I love to do in sims 3, I did get sims 4 when it first came out but was disappointed to find it was not open world and I couldn't be bothered with the loading side of it so I gave my sims 4 game to the RSPCA charity shop to sell, so when I put mostly I should have put it was my choice to play sims 3 but after seeing the pics and reading about sims 4 I am wondering if I should give it another try or just wait till sims 5 comes out but I think I've seen it say it wont be out till 2019 and that seems ages to wait
    If you didn't like it then, you are not likely to be enthralled now either. Nothing has changed with the game basics.

I have kept on trying with ts4, and - to be fair- I did get a lot of enjoyment out of it in small doses. But at the end of the day, no matter how much content is added, the things I dislike about it are still there. There are no individual personalities, the emotions are a giddy mess, there is no open world or personal creativity and the bugs really bug me.