Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking of going back to The Sims 3

I actually do enjoy The Sims 4 and own every single expansion / stuff / game pack but I am still getting bored here and there. I don't mind the loading and everything and I love the options but I miss The Sims 3. I liked that I had mods to expand the slider limit to fully create sims of any shape and size and I miss the celebrities and star system as well as Showtime and I doubt they will ever do anything like that with this series which is disappointing. What does everyone else think? Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    You're probably not going to get much helpful or friendly advice posting this here, fair warning.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2017
    Actually I still play Sims 2,3,and 4, and I have all three still installed on my computer. At the moment I'm playing 4, but when I get board of one I'll switch over to one of the others. All my games are fully modded, because I know I can't play Sims 3 without them. It would bugged me to no end with the lousy EA story progression, which I no longer use, and hadn't in a long time.

I was very disappointed that when they added the singing skill they didn't add a career like they did in Sims 3. I was really hoping to get myself a profession sim singer going again.

All I'm saying is if you want to play Sims 3 go ahead, you bought it, play it. That the way I think about mine.
  • Options
    JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    I remember on my old laptop I couldn't have more than one installed that's why I was asking. But this laptop is newer so it might be okay. I don't want to lose everything and I wanted to see how everyone felt about the older games now that there was so much progress made on Sims 4. Wanted to chat with people and see their thoughts. I enjoy Sims 4 but only in waves, here and there. Sims 3 had so much to offer and even with expansions for 4 I don't feel it getting better.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Why not play both? Many people play more then one game at a time or bounce from on to the next.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm kinda bored waiting for the new pack to come out, to be honest.

I think maybe you should go back to play TS3 for the time being.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    As long as you're good for harddrive space I don't see any reason you'd have to uninstall one or the other. Just play the one you're feeling more at the moment. If you are low on harddrive space then get rid of the one you're bored with and play the one you get joy from. You can always make a copy of your save and tray folders somewhere on your computer in case you ever get interested in sims 4 again.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    As someone who still plays The Sims 1, 2 3 and 4 you should go back if you want to and your pc has the specs. I did. My only problem was after going back to the sims 3 I find it hard to play the sims 4 now. There's no reason why you can't go back if that's what you want to do.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Why not play Sims 3 and Sims 4? That's what I do. Sometimes I even play Sims 2 still. Whenever I get bored of one game, I just go to another and play that one for awhile. I often rotate between Sims 3, Sims 4, and Sims 2.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Only if I had the machine to play ts3...
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Not to sound rude or in anyway offensive but is there really a need to announce if you feel like playing any of the previous Sims game I'm pretty sure most simmers switch between any of the Sims series at times but imagine if everyone of us had to open a thread for it...Again not to sound rude but what I mean is that the decision is between your pc and you clicking the Sims 3 icon to start playing..don't now what advice the op hopes to get but yh free world
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    If you want to go play Sims3 ... go and play Sims3.

The only complaint I have seen so far from people who play both is the difference in toddlers between the two games, mostly around stairs.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    You own the game so you have every right to play which ever game, sims or not that you like. You don't need permission, just have fun and enjoy yourself! ☺
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I had uninstalled all the previous games once I got into ts4, but there is still so much wrong/missing with that version that I find I still do also need something else.

I reinstalled ts2 and ts3, but found that ts2 was no longer right for me. Mainly from an aesthetic point of view, I have to admit. And I found that building houses - well, things just didn't sit right for me - hard to explain really.

TS3, however, was totally different. I went around the worlds editing lots here and there and was totally wowed all over again. The detail, the beauty, the amount of options for creating things the way I want them to be - ts4 doesn't really come close. And now I am playing, I am totally loving it. So much to do! And there are still things I have never even done yet.

I do still enjoy ts4, but I find I play ts3 much more often and become more involved in my game and more attached to the sims in it. If anything, ts4 has made me appreciate ts3 more than I ever did.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Do whatever your heart desires. Follow your dreams. The sky is the limit!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited March 2017
    Right now I've only gotten as far as reinstalling Sims 3 base game since I got my new computer. For me it's simply a matter of not having enough time as I'd like to play both games. Then I'll start on Sims 2. I do plan on reinstalling everything, eventually, and look forward to revisiting 2 and 3. It's wonderful that we have 3 versions from which to choose. :)

@JesseJay , Just wanted to add there's a thread in the Sims 3 forum that might help you make up your mind.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-game-today/p1

And remember the most important thing is to have fun! No matter which version you're playing.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2017
    I found TS3 almost impossible to play, with the amount of glitches I would encounter and the amount of times my files would get constantly corrupted. I ended up uninstalling the game completely and never playing it again. If your computer is stable, I would recommend playing it or switching between both games.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    If I could have every version on my desktop, believe me, I would. I love them all, and I bounce back and forth all the time. Play the one that appeals to you right now. If it can coexist on your machine with another version, all the better. You can bounce around.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've been playing TS3 again since around the beginning of the year. I still like TS4, but I am a bit bored, which I don't find surprising since I had been playing TS4 exclusively for over 2 years. I went back to TS2 during 3's lifetime as well. The one thing that I really miss in TS4 is Seasons and right now TS3 has that. Of course there I things that I miss from TS4 when I play TS3 as well :D

As the others have said, do what makes you happy. If that means playing Sims 3, then go for it :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    JesseJay wrote: »
    I actually do enjoy The Sims 4 and own every single expansion / stuff / game pack but I am still getting bored here and there. I don't mind the loading and everything and I love the options but I miss The Sims 3. I liked that I had mods to expand the slider limit to fully create sims of any shape and size and I miss the celebrities and star system as well as Showtime and I doubt they will ever do anything like that with this series which is disappointing. What does everyone else think? Any advice?

I have both loaded on my machine. If I had a better computer I would probably switch back and forth as well.
    They are both great games, there's just more to do in TS3 right now if you have most of the expansions.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    You're probably not going to get much helpful or friendly advice posting this here, fair warning.

Shots fired. B)
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I play both as well. Sometimes I'd play TS4 exclusively for weeks, then switch to TS3 and play for weeks before getting bored and going back to 4. Right now, I've been on a TS4 binge play since January, but I've got a few story ideas I want to try out in 3, plus I just bought Island Paradise and want to try it out. So, it's up to you really.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    Oh lawd! This is just going to turn into a TS4 vs. TS3 thread. Play whatever you want dude. Nobody can tell you what you'll enjoy more. That's something only you will know. If you truly aren't finding any enjoyment out of TS4 and you aren't really playing it, than uninstall it and play TS3. Personally, I hate TS3 but that's just me.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    There's really no need for this to turn into another Sims 4 vs Sims 3 thread. Everyone is responding politely and the general consensus is that that the OP should do what makes them happy. :)