Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night Teaser,Trailer,Blog and Livestream coming this week

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This thread is for posting things that might be true or you hope will be true, not unconfirmed things you want to be true as fact.
    "It will be...." is a not a statement of speculation, but a statement of fact.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Skobee wrote: »
    Yeah i'm pretty sure we'll be getting some news next week. I'm also hoping for one of those teasers that show what's coming for the next few months. Since the Vampire pack + Bowling pack are out and coming out. I'm hoping for an Expansion pack, that would be nice.

Quarterly is coming April 4th.

Did someone confirm that?

No. So, speculation for the speculation forum :)

Then put it as speculation instead of fact.

''I think it is coming...'' instead of: ''IS coming''.
    I see this so often here, and people will take a run with it and end up disappointed if it doesn't end up like that.

You guys do this in every freaking thread. READ THE CATEGORY. Oh, what's that? It isn't in the general discussion? So stop. If you post a thread/comment in Speculation & Rumors, you shouldn't label it as a RUMOR or THOUGHT and can address it the way you want as it is obviously in said category. It doesn't take a 6th grader to understand the common logic behind it.

Some people state everything they put on this forum as facts.

I don't give a plumbob if it's in a speculation forum or not, people should choose their words carefully. Some people are always stating stuff as them being facts without any backup or whatever.

Yeah and then people are going to run crazy with it, (because you exactly know how these forums are) and people getting disappointed and angry because it's not going to be like someone stated. I hope you get that logic.

And claiming ''You guys do this in EVERY freaking thread'' is just not true. So, before you make accusations, make valid ones. Thanks.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Oh look. A thread that devolved into an argument over semantics no one cares about. Never seen that before.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Deleting thread because I was mistaken. Game is delayed probably till April. No teaser confirms. I didn't think they could push back anything confirmed for the quarter.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Why, this thread doesn't appear to be deleted at all. I feel deceived!
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I just deleted the title.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Deleting thread because I was mistaken. Game is delayed probably till April. No teaser confirms. I didn't think they could push back anything confirmed for the quarter.

Let's not be too hasty, because it doesn't mean we won't get a teaser yet. We could still get a teaser tomorrow, a patch Thursday and the set on either next Tuesday or thursday. Speculating it's probably delayed and no teaser confirms at this point may just be speculation, but it's also following an illogical line of speculation. There is still time. If it's the 31st and we still have no patch, no teaser and no release, then yes, it's going to be the next quarter. Otherwise, they could break pattern and do all three on the last day, I don't know why they WOULD, but they COULD.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Let's not be too hasty, because it doesn't mean we won't get a teaser yet. We could still get a teaser tomorrow, a patch Thursday and the set on either next Tuesday or thursday. Speculating it's probably delayed and no teaser confirms at this point may just be speculation, but it's also following an illogical line of speculation. There is still time. If it's the 31st and we still have no patch, no teaser and no release, then yes, it's going to be the next quarter. Otherwise, they could break pattern and do all three on the last day, I don't know why they WOULD, but they COULD.

Or maybe they've decided we don't need teasers for stuff packs -- the quarterly teaser might be considered sufficient. So we could get a trailer tomorrow and still get the pack a week from tomorrow, with a patch on Thursday or Friday (at this point, I'm looking forward to the patch even more than the pack).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

Or maybe they've decided we don't need teasers for stuff packs -- the quarterly teaser might be considered sufficient. So we could get a trailer tomorrow and still get the pack a week from tomorrow, with a patch on Thursday or Friday (at this point, I'm looking forward to the patch even more than the pack).

Yes, exactly. Teaser/trailer to me for a SP is kind of the same thing in my mind, but that's just me. And yes, I am thinking that may well be what's going to happen but we don't really know for sure. It will either happen or it won't. :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    What if the teaser is tomorrow, and the announcement is on Wednesday? They have announced packs on Wednesdays before.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2017

Yes, exactly. Teaser/trailer to me for a SP is kind of the same thing in my mind, but that's just me. And yes, I am thinking that may well be what's going to happen but we don't really know for sure. It will either happen or it won't. :D

I'm not sure, Drake tweet that 30 minutes ago

So apparently we will have a teaser before a sp is announced.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

We should riot!!!! How dare the thread title not be absolutely literal?!
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I just had a peek at the Sims Twitter account for Monday, Nov. 28, the day before the Vintage Glamor announcement on Nov. 29. There was no teaser.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I just had a peek at the Sims Twitter account for Monday, Nov. 28, the day before the Vintage Glamor announcement on Nov. 29. There was no teaser.

I think they may have started doing these teasers for the Vampires GP. At least, that's how I interpreted SimGuruDrake's tweets :

But now that I read them again, I'm not sure the teaser has to be on a monday.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

We should riot!!!! How dare the thread title not be absolutely literal?!

I'll leave the rioting and real outrage to you all. It is, after all, your strong suit. I was just poking fun.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2017
    @orkhid22 wrote: »
    the fact it's the speculation section should be enough. anyone coming here for fact based information is setting themselves up for disappointment
    This thread is for posting things that might be true or you hope will be true, not unconfirmed things you want to be true as fact.
    Yeah i'm pretty sure we'll be getting some news next week. I'm also hoping for one of those teasers that show what's coming for the next few months. Since the Vampire pack + Bowling pack are out and coming out. I'm hoping for an Expansion pack, that would be nice.

I see this so often here, and people will take a run with it and end up disappointed if it doesn't end up like that.

You guys do this in every freaking thread. READ THE CATEGORY. Oh, what's that? It isn't in the general discussion? So stop. If you post a thread/comment in Speculation & Rumors, you shouldn't label it as a RUMOR or THOUGHT and can address it the way you want as it is obviously in said category. It doesn't take a 6th grader to understand the common logic behind it.

But it doesn't work that way. Not every comment here is speculation.
    The way Cat worded certain comments, spoke as it has been confirmed.

The thread was about the teaser for Bowling Night, but Cat then said
    "Quarterly is coming April 4th.
    Which implies it's been confirmed. Even in Speculation and Rumor, you can't write everything as fact.

If I made a thread and said "What do you think will be in the quarterly trailer, that's coming April 4" it's going to confuse people because it sounds like it's confirmed for that date, but we are speculating what is coming, not when as well.

It's just some advice so threads like this don't open and then people have to close them, lol.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What's going on in there? Ladies and Gentalmen, Boys and Girls, I told you to wait until the announcement will be confirm sooner or later what @SimGuruDrake was saying!
    We could still get the teaser tomorrow but I'm not thinking it will happen. I think the bowling sp was pushed back to April because of a potential bug that was breaking something.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    My money is on them wanting to continue this year's trend of "wowing" us and they are therefore being extra meticulous about trying to stuff as much cool stuff into the pack as possible (as to why it's taking so long).

Esp. with toddlers being in the game to consider, they are probably self-conscious about peoples' desires for expanded toddler content and are wanting to squeeze in something toddler-related, however small, which isn't exactly the "norm," as stuff packs sometimes don't even add clothing beyond the adult body.

That or maybe they're hung up on bowling and the venue itself, trying to ensure that the tools are in place to create a proper bowling environment, such that they won't be taken to task for skimping on details.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Doesn't matter what category it's in. Once you say something "is" happening, it is no longer speculation. It doesn't take a 6th grader to understand that.

If it is speculation, it should ALWAYS be referred to as such.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Everyone keeps saying this, but I always thought she meant the quarterly teasers. I don't think anything's changed. We'll probably see an announcement today, release next week.
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2017
    IceyJ wrote: »

Everyone keeps saying this, but I always thought she meant the quarterly teasers. I don't think anything's changed. We'll probably see an announcement today, release next week.

I wish, but SimGuruDrake said that teasers are now a thing before announcements just like the one we'd had for Vampires on the Monday before announce.

ETA- There's still a very small chance that we get a teaser today. If we don't get anything, there's still a patch for March and we'll just have to (in)patiently wait for the announcement.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
    Teaser just released and full trailer coming tomorrow
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maybe something company-wide happened to push back release of the teaser; SimGuru Twitter seemed a bit quieter than usual. Nothing major but maybe some key folks out of the office unexpectedly. Guess we can all stop panicking now. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Omg yes I've always wanted maxis match versions of those chairs in the game, they'd better come in good swatches though...
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Omg yes I've always wanted maxis match versions of those chairs in the game, they'd better come in good swatches though...

What more do you need than "Startled Pumpkin Orange?" I'm hoping for "Electric Turquoise," "Phosphorescent Purple," "Retina Rending Red" and "The Green Not Found in Nature" as well. Not just in tables. If those bowling shirts don't scream at me, I'll be disappointed.
    I love those chairs and that table. Pause 8 seconds in and get a glimpse of that rockin' rug with the bowling balls. I think that'll give you a clue as to the color choices.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg