Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can you do in Sims 3 (not sims 4)

Comments

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'll definitely look into the mods. Looking forward to playing.
  • Littledreamer1994Littledreamer1994 Posts: 232 Member
    Defiantly the open world exploration ^^ Customization, Memories, Seasons, Swimming in the ocean, Boats , Pranks, Prom, Options of jobs and family gameplay
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Play for five hours straight or more without getting bored.Or start up a game at 6 AM then suddenly realize it is dark outside and now dinner time and you got so involved in your game that you skipped breakfast and lunch.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I have to play in windowed mode or I could get lost in my TS2 open world game on TS3's game engine which is only possible because of the Mods I use.I'm starting new towns and gradually building up the popualtions in the town as I play the stories of my settlers.I get empty community lots most of the time though it's caused by the size of my town's population in my case.I'll get busier lots when the population gets bigger and there's more inactives running around.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    For me, its the ability to micro-manage gameplay & the oh-so-detailed building/customization options in TS3 that keeps me coming back. Not to be overlooked, the potential that the emergent gamplay offers means that I rarely have the same sims or storytelling experience twice and that's a big bonus to me! After years of off & on playing I've yet to discover everything. And as others have said the open world is simply marvelous. Graphics do matter but they aren't terribly high on my important factors list.
  • spankenstein89spankenstein89 Posts: 103 Member
    I like how you can load the whole city at once. Then you can see what's going on, and see where your sims are going. I tried the free trial of Sims 4 but I didn't like how the game kept reloading every time my sims changed venue. You can't load the whole city and I've heard that means Sims 4 doesn't have story progression. That's a deal breaker for me, because it's interesting to see how my sims change over time.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Everyone has pretty much listed the best reasons - so on top of all of those reasons... when I get tired or bored with whatever world EA has given me, I can go play in someone else's vision. I can be shipwrecked on a tiny island, I can be in a high density downtown environment, I can be in a world designed for a challenge or legacy, I can be on another planet... there is no end to the different worlds I can visit. With TS4 - I get whatever backdrop they decided to use.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I can't comment on the Sims 4 as the closed world, the cartoon-y appearance and migraine inducing over saturation of everything put me off (but not half as much as the bugs never fixed in TS3 and the lack of transparency by the gurus/developer and store content that should have been in with EPs...no integrity, no interest from me). Having said all that I adore TS3, I have never played with just the base game but WA tempted me to try TS3 and omg how I love it, I love owning a vacation home and treating the three destinations as a proper vacation once they have achieved their visa levels. Everyone else has already covered why TS3 rocks my socks, open world, story progression, customisation beyond my wildest TS2 dreams, it was such a huge step forward and TS4 seems like a cavernous dive backwards to me at least.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You can place lots, any size :D
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I'll comment on this thread again, since the news of pets in sims 4 took "pets" off the list. What can we do in Sims 3 that we can't do in Sims 4?
    Sims can ride horses across the whole map. :p
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sims 3 Pets had the ability where we could find wild animals and collect them as pets, whereas in Sims 4, you're restricted to just Cats...and Dogs... OW...just thinking about TS4: Cats and Dogs made me hit my head on the table and nearly knock myself out.

After all, where else but in Sims 3 can one be plumming brain-dead and get yourself a Malayan Krait as a pet and not suffer the consequences of being envenomed...and DIE.

Or in WA, you can get yourself a Ophiophagus Hannah and not have to deal with the consequences of being envenomed and DIE..." Isn't it FUN? :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer I forgot about the small pets! A little more limited than the standard pets in sims 3, so they should have fit right in 4. :D Wonder why the left them out?
    The small pets were just a little extra something fun. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I forgot about the small pets! A little more limited than the standard pets in sims 3, so they should have fit right in 4. :D Wonder why the left them out?
    The small pets were just a little extra something fun. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

well they haven't said there aren't going to be small pets people think there isn't going to be any
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I want rocking chairs back
    Yay...vulpes vulpes. http://twinfinite.net/2017/08/the-sims-4-cats-dogs-will-have-foxes-and-animals-wont-be-controllable/

The great part of TS4: Cats and Dogs, is the extra career option of becoming a vetrinarian. YAY. thrilled...yawn.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited September 2017
    @comicsforlife That's true, they didn't say there would be no small pets. :) I think rocking chairs would be a good addition.

@Nikkei_Simmer That's one thing that should have came with sims 3 pets, a veterinarian career.
    tea sets to I want them back and dragons
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    There is open world and CASt. There are also more EPs that have stuff like seasons, vacation destinations, etc that S4 doesn't have.

I would suggest playing both S3 and 4, see what you like better. :) Hope you enjoy S3.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I like that I can build anywhere or add a lot anywhere
    I like that my teens look like teens
    Best of all I can delete schools, as with sims 4 I have to watch the clock
    I like that I can play without the same back drop.
    I like that when my sims paint they have a pallet, sims 4 seems silly without it.
    Sims 3 is a little more challenging when it comes to collecting, sims 4 you can get rich fast.
    Also Gardening looks more real in sims 3. they actually do something.
    Love so many worlds made by so many simmers. Not just a few EA worlds.
    Love that I can color anything the way I want.
    but I will give credit to sims 4 for building houses is much easier.
    I love the cars, bikes, into the future space ships.
    House Boats, dive lots and swimming in the ocean.
    When a sims fights in sims 3, sometimes it takes a long time to make up.
    Open worlds, you can go anywhere.
    can have roads or no roads in CAW
    the list goes on.
    I just love Sims 3
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Everyone pretty much have said all that I would say. Just play both, so when you get tired of one, then you have the other to go to. Or, if you're like me, play one for a bit, then go play the other. lol You can enjoy both games.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I've been playing sims 4 a lot. But I was thinking of trying sims 3 again, but I only have the base game. Oh, and generations and a bunch of worlds from clicking on ads.

But every time I start the sims 3, I find the graphics muted (compared to the cartoony version of sims 4 - which I'm used to) and leave. So I was hoping you could all change my mind.

So please tell me, what can be done in the base game from Sims 3 that I can't do in Sims 4? There are so many amazing sims 3 fans! I feel I'm missing something. Thanks

<Did not read former comment so sorry if I'm repeating something>
    Do community stuff! that's the main difference in my opinion.
    Build community lots, and many of them, and just see how different sims (not neccesarily youe actives) spend their time there.
    Take your sims to travel across town, meet the neigbours, take them to swim...
    Switch between houses and see how the story evolves from different angles.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yay...vulpes vulpes. http://twinfinite.net/2017/08/the-sims-4-cats-dogs-will-have-foxes-and-animals-wont-be-controllable/

The great part of TS4: Cats and Dogs, is the extra career option of becoming a vetrinarian. YAY. thrilled...yawn.
    Odonata68 wrote: »

@Nikkei_Simmer That's one thing that should have came with sims 3 pets, a veterinarian career.

You *can* have a veterinarian career, from here:

https://missyhissysjobcentre.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/veterinary-career/
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 - that might be a custom career that I download when I get my desktop back up and working (to game specs). Right now, I'm just trying to stumble along on this poor ol' 2.2GHz.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2017
    For me I enjoy the sims 3 better, though I do wish I had features like dining out and the doctor career in sims 3.But the open worlds make up for that, I feel I can play more freely in the sims 3.Sims 4 I feel kind of restricted, like even at parties having to meet goals.And the community lots aren't much, I end up staying in my sim's house all day.

Sims 3 I can tweak the game to add more fun, such as going to a mountainy lot and camping out.Throwing sleepovers with the kids etc.
    21950864_323547094721532_3455132057631609874_o.jpg?oh=c45f0e032b76b954f7f34b5b119c69f0&oe=5A42BC31

22042027_323535924722649_7275703346164802047_o.jpg?oh=2fdfe84aa214bfa2fd8ba0ddd8cb9f1f&oe=5A48F5A8
    Even if the game doesn't have the feature needed, its easy to kind of manipulate what I want.

21951091_323759598033615_2463407688621428062_o.jpg?oh=8ec2c3ce3d4407cc4f4246d69b9a1ea3&oe=5A88107E
    I don't think the Sims 3 graphics are too bad.I like both game's graphics.
    edited September 2017
    I know the OP...stated base game only...but that pretty much invalidates everything as TS3 came more complete (with the exception of diving boards) in base game than TS4 and the majority of their EPs combined.

But anyways:

Where else in the Sims franchise can you do this: '

Werewolf_playingPiano_argumentInvalid.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png