Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a self-preservation mod or patch.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    @CyrusTheLoser

Maybe you should try to understand the whole converstation, not only a part of it.
    there's literally no part of the conversation that is asking for anything OTHER than self preservation, except the suggestion to use a mod to eliminate the gameplay feature entirely!
    a self preservation mod would entail a mod that stops vampires from going into sunlight autonomously. as second best, the OP also wouldn't mind a mod which will protect them when they choose to do these things, that is not, however, the same as a mod which just makes all vampires safe in the sun.
    I'm sorry (at least a little bit) if it sounded rude, but it just isn't a helpful contribution or suggestion to the problem at hand. Especially since OP has control over whether their vampire is weak or strong to sunlight as it is.

HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited March 2017
    @CyrusTheLoser

Maybe you should try to understand the whole converstation, not only a part of it.
    there's literally no part of the conversation that is asking for anything OTHER than self preservation, except the suggestion to use a mod to eliminate the gameplay feature entirely!
    a self preservation mod would entail a mod that stops vampires from going into sunlight autonomously. as second best, the OP also wouldn't mind a mod which will protect them when they choose to do these things, that is not, however, the same as a mod which just makes all vampires safe in the sun.
    I'm sorry (at least a little bit) if it sounded rude, but it just isn't a helpful contribution or suggestion to the problem at hand. Especially since OP has control over whether their vampire is weak or strong to sunlight as it is.

@lilonesub tried to help. And this helpfulness deserves appreciation, no matter whether it's helpful or not in the end.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    @CyrusTheLoser

@lilonesub tried to help. And this helpfulness deserves appreciation, no matter whether it's helpful or not in the end.

True, honestly I wish I had some gold stars left to share!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    @CyrusTheLoser

True, honestly I wish I had some gold stars left to share!
    @CyrusTheLoser

Is cool, and thanks, there is nothing you can do about another person's snotty replies, they seem to be a troll anyway.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    lilonesub wrote: »

Is cool, and thanks, there is nothing you can do about another person's snotty replies, they seem to be a troll anyway.
    "Everyone with an opinion different from mine is trolling me!"
    What a silly thing to say! I almost want to take the gold star away now!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2017
    To all: Please don't argue!!! And thank you for all you comments.

I deliberately chose this weakness. I have played other vampires with the sun immunity power, primarily because I didn't want to worry about them. I am aware of the walk in the sunlight mod, my congratulations to Iilionesub for the mod. But I want to play a vampire with the greatest weakness to the sun.

I guess my problem is this, I want the game to be consistent to the rules or expectations that the player creates. If I elect to create a day walking vampire, which I can easily do in the game, then going out into the sun, AUTONOMOUSLY, isn't a problem. But if I create a night only vampire, who will die in two ticks in the sun, I don't expect her to greet her husband in the daylight and chat outside until she burns to death. The problem is not so much when you are actively managing your sim, it's when you are doing something else and ignoring them and they do something that is totally CONTRARY to their nature.

So I would like a mod that says to a thin skinned vampire: Stay/get out of the sun unless commanded by the player.

In the over all scheme of things it's not a big problem, it just means the if you create a vampire sim with this weakness you need to be a careful manager and actively protect that sim.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I think it is fair to bring up the mod and not necessarily pointless but I do agree with @CyrusTheLoser that this seems to be an instance of wanting a patch/mod that makes vampires "Aware" of their own weaknesses so they avoid harm.

Either way I think it would be better if vampires avoided situations where sun is involved with out player interference rather than making the weakness chosen ineffective in a patch.
  • Options
    i'm glad you cleared that up for everyone! I wasn't really trying to argue with anyone, but I thought it was insulting to the original poster to assume that they were playing a vampire with level 3 sun weakness without wanting to. And suggestions that have nothing to do with the problem only hinder the discovery (or creation) of solutions to the problem
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    i'm glad you cleared that up for everyone! I wasn't really trying to argue with anyone, but I thought it was insulting to the original poster to assume that they were playing a vampire with level 3 sun weakness without wanting to. And suggestions that have nothing to do with the problem only hinder the discovery (or creation) of solutions to the problem

That's fair but I could see some one else looking for a way to help any one vampire and maybe deciding that the mod is a better option than letting their sim roast.
    I didn't think the mod was handy to the OP but I thought it was fair to bring it up so others looking for a solution (as I was) who aren't necessarily purposely playing sun weak vampires can see there is an option out there. Once again though I agree not handy to the OP and not so helpful for me since I like having challenges in my game and vamps just shouldn't live in the sun Imo.

Anyways I had a thought that isn't a perfect fix but might help. If you have GT then you could put your vamp into a club you make that discourages doing anything outdoors. It isn't perfect but I was playing around with it today and I found that if there was one action in particular that they go outside to do putting it as a banned activity for the club will help decrease the amount your vampire goes outside. Also encouraging an activity that's indoors also will limit your vampires trying to go outside.

I know that fix isn't necessarily the best option (It takes up a club slot and doesn't cover all activities that can lead to your vamp adventuring under the sun) and this is still something that needs to be fixed but at least it might help until something else comes out to actually fix it.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Option 3 you could play basketball at night, Go on dates at night.

But elaborate on "Self-Protection" at first it sounds like You want vampires nerfed so they can walk in the sun...

But now I I just think you want another way to go out in the sun other than a sun resistance elixir

Maybe when Seasons comes, that patch before it, will do that. My hope is, that Patch will include basic weather, like temperature change, Cloudy, possibly rain, and all CAS clothing will give a have warmth bonus. in turn for vampires, certain outfits would grant protection from the sun like the Sun Hat, or an out fit that shows no skin.
    The way I am reading her post and hopefully she will correct me if I am wrong. Her vampire does not seek refuge from the sun and by not running for an dark area free from the sun dies. So she would like a mod or patch that would somehow give vampires the Blade effect where they can walk in the sun but still have other characteristics of an vampire. I think I would like that but the Blade effect should be earned and not a freebie and also can be offered as an option. I do not know if vampires run for shelter when exposed to the sun for I have not played them yet. Vampire lore has branched off in many directions from the vampire lore I am used to and no one can dispute another vampire lore because vampires do not exist as other creatures of fantasy or sci-fiction do not exist. If vampires are not instinctively seeking shelter from the sun, it Imho a bug.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Alexa almost died from WooHooing in the hot tub! This is a problem!
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »

I deliberately chose this weakness. I have played other vampires with the sun immunity power, primarily because I didn't want to worry about them. I am aware of the walk in the sunlight mod, my congratulations to Iilionesub for the mod. But I want to play a vampire with the greatest weakness to the sun.

I guess my problem is this, I want the game to be consistent to the rules or expectations that the player creates. If I elect to create a day walking vampire, which I can easily do in the game, then going out into the sun, AUTONOMOUSLY, isn't a problem. But if I create a night only vampire, who will die in two ticks in the sun, I don't expect her to greet her husband in the daylight and chat outside until she burns to death. The problem is not so much when you are actively managing your sim, it's when you are doing something else and ignoring them and they do something that is totally CONTRARY to their nature.

So I would like a mod that says to a thin skinned vampire: Stay/get out of the sun unless commanded by the player.

In the over all scheme of things it's not a big problem, it just means the if you create a vampire sim with this weakness you need to be a careful manager and actively protect that sim.

I totally get what you are saying. As much as I'd like to play a thin skinned vampire, I know as a rotational player, that's not possible. Because the moment I'm not in control of them, they are going to frolic in the sun like a moth to a flame.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Goldmoldar, what I am saying is that if I have a thin skinned vampire and I have left them indoors I don't expect them to autonomously run out into the sun and play basket ball. Also when they return home from work I don't expect them to stand in the sun and talk to strangers until they burn to death. If I want them to be in the sun I will have them drink the sun reversal drink. Other regular vampires suffer from this too. You invite a vampire over and they stand in the sun until you can invite them in, but you can't call them over because they are too far away and they simply stand in the sun until they burn.

All I am saying is that there ought to be a self protection algorithm that has a vampire seek protection if they are inadvertently caught in the sun.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2017
    Goldmoldar, what I am saying is that if I have a thin skinned vampire and I have left them indoors I don't expect them to autonomously run out into the sun and play basket ball. Also when they return home from work I don't expect them to stand in the sun and talk to strangers until they burn to death. If I want them to be in the sun I will have them drink the sun reversal drink. Other regular vampires suffer from this too. You invite a vampire over and they stand in the sun until you can invite them in, but you can't call them over because they are too far away and they simply stand in the sun until they burn.

All I am saying is that there ought to be a self protection algorithm that has a vampire seek protection if they are inadvertently caught in the sun.
    I got it and EA/Maxis has to tweak the AI system so vampires will instinctively seek shelter.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    It is weird though, because in the live stream they wanted to kill Vlad by the sun and he autonomously tried to go inside, but they made him go back out. So why do some people have vampires that don't do this? It's really weird.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017

To me there would be little purpose in giving the vampire protection from the sun (three different levels) if you want them to already be protected from the sun. That sorta would be a worthless perk. ETA: My point, I want to see them burn up if they don't have any protection or there is no point in giving them protection. A wasted power option if they would already be 'safe'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar, I don't want them to have "absolute" protection from the sun. All I am suggesting is that if they have the sun weakness and they:

1. come home from work they attempt to go indoors immediately.
    2. If they are on a welcome wagon, date etc. they go inside and not simply stand around in the sun.
    3. If they are indoors they don't autonomously go outside to: play basketball, garden, swim etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar, I don't want them to have "absolute" protection from the sun. All I am suggesting is that if they have the sun weakness and they:

2. If they are on a welcome wagon, date etc. they go inside and not simply stand around in the sun.
    3. If they are indoors they don't autonomously go outside to: play basketball, garden, swim etc.

This is why you have the power to give them the power to protect themselves. Vlad worked the kiosks in the spice district. My vampire has not even attempted to go outside because he doesn't live near anyone where there would be Sims outside in common spaces, so he doesn't run outside to meet someone etc. The welcome wagon entering house is already broken not the vampires. Why would a vampire own a basketball goal/court? If they live in the city that's your choice and you are the one tempting them with these things. Mine don't ever go outside it depends on where you put them. These vampires are built on many legends new and old. That's why they have the option to give the sun protection if you want to play them as 'modern' vamps who live in the middle of modern society and go to work and fix dinner (vamp diaries) etc.

ETA: nope sorry, this works exactly like it should in a mod free game. Dates? Why are you accepting dates in the day time? You already know this game rings up your Sim at the wrong time and with the wrong Sims (teen to adult/adult to child) and is bad program and or bug when it does that. It's on you to not go on date during the day.

ETA: Mod Free game...maybe yours need repaired? Five vampires none outside anywhere in day. The only time one was out was the day I saw them turn because my vampire turned them a day before.

ETA: Problem about nothing. It's quite easy if a vampire was standing outside to invite them in, if they don't have any protection from sun. That's what makes them interesting you won't know who is protected and who isn't unless you play them. There is no point in 'vampires' if none die from sun exposure and was a huge complaint in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

This is why you have the power to give them the power to protect themselves. Vlad worked the kiosks in the spice district. My vampire has not even attempted to go outside because he doesn't live near anyone where there would be Sims outside in common spaces, so he doesn't run outside to meet someone etc. The welcome wagon entering house is already broken not the vampires. Why would a vampire own a basketball goal/court? If they live in the city that's your choice and you are the one tempting them with these things. Mine don't ever go outside it depends on where you put them. These vampires are built on many legends new and old. That's why they have the option to give the sun protection if you want to play them as 'modern' vamps who live in the middle of modern society and go to work and fix dinner (vamp diaries) etc.

ETA: nope sorry, this works exactly like it should in a mod free game. Dates? Why are you accepting dates in the day time? You already know this game rings up your Sim at the wrong time and with the wrong Sims (teen to adult/adult to child) and is bad program and or bug when it does that. It's on you to not go on date during the day.

ETA: Mod Free game...maybe yours need repaired? Five vampires none outside anywhere in day. The only time one was out was the day I saw them turn because my vampire turned them a day before.

ETA: Problem about nothing. It's quite easy if a vampire was standing outside to invite them in, if they don't have any protection from sun. That's what makes them interesting you won't know who is protected and who isn't unless you play them. There is no point in 'vampires' if none die from sun exposure and was a huge complaint in TS3.

You make valid points, but that doesn't change the fact that EA needs to make a patch, or someone make a mod, where during the day if a vampire is in the sun they instantly run to get indoors and out of the sun so they don't burn to death. Kind of like the way vampires in Sims 2 would run away saying, "Ah, the sun! I must flee!".
  • Options
    "Why would a vampire own a basketball goal/court?" She didn't, her human husband athlete did. The next thing I know she autonomously went outside to play in broad daylight. If I put it back I will need to put a covering over it. We clearly disagree, but I think all vampires, except day walking ones, should have some sort of automatic aversion to being out in the sun and an instinct to getting to the nearest cover.
  • Options
    The truth of the matter is that the tuning files for vampires have blacklists for allowing to be outside in daylight. Nothing in these files looks broken to me. Also I am playing vampires since they came out and I did not have one die from sun exposure. Not even the two townies who transformed during the day. They walked out of the neighborhood without dying. I don't know why you guys have vampires run outside during day. Mine never do. So not one death since the very beginning. Even my new vampire is in the science career and nothing ever happened to her.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited April 2017
    I haven't yet installed City Living (despite buying it back in Dec) but I believe there's a hoop you can put inside buildings?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    The main goal is that I imagine users do not want their vampires dying while completely out of their control. For example, let's say I have a vampire with the level 3 sun weakness. If he randomly gets summoned to a lot as an NPC, yes, I'm going to be livid if he dies while I'm not in control of him. Perhaps making vampires immune while NOT under control of the player would be ideal, just as a "just-in-case" precaution. We clearly want to play as vampires that are weak to the sun, but no, we don't want those same vampires dropping dead when we don't control them. That just discourages us from creating any vampires that are not sun immune since they're bound to die anyways.

Second thing is I imagine that what causes these issues is a conflict amongst scripting. A user above mentions the scripting is there to blacklist vampires from appearing during the day to protect them. However, I wonder if...say for example the lounge demands an entertainer, but the only entertainer in town is a vampire. The system might prioritize spawning the vampire over creating a new one, thus they show up and die. They probably need to comb over the scripting to see if there's any select scenarios that allow a vampire to slip through the cracks and show up when they shouldn't.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    The truth of the matter is that the tuning files for vampires have blacklists for allowing to be outside in daylight. Nothing in these files looks broken to me. Also I am playing vampires since they came out and I did not have one die from sun exposure. Not even the two townies who transformed during the day. They walked out of the neighborhood without dying. I don't know why you guys have vampires run outside during day. Mine never do. So not one death since the very beginning. Even my new vampire is in the science career and nothing ever happened to her.

Your comments are my points. I don't have these problems others are having so I don't want vampires 'tweaked' and ruined because some may have a bug or mod problem. Or cc problem. What many fail to understand bout TS4 is even cc ruins this game, unlike in TS2 or TS3 where a different shirt of cc didn't really interfere with their game.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What many fail to understand bout TS4 is even cc ruins this game, unlike in TS2 or TS3 where a different shirt of cc didn't really interfere with their game.

Exactly! Just recently I had to clean out all the CC that I downloaded from The Sims Resources, why? Because it broke parts of my game which I thought were mod related. But once all CC was out, the game ran fluently without problems! Then I slowly added maxis match CC and tested for a while and make sure nothing is broken once again! I agree fully CC does interfere if it is broken.