Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

share your newcrest world!

dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
I love how we get given a blank world cause i always want to build my own but never want to bulldoze the preset worlds so i'm interested to see what everyone else has done with newcrest!

i ended up modding mine into a pastel abomination and im pretty proud of the results:

tumblr_omzvhxeiWQ1rl0zcto1_1280.png
tumblr_omzvhxeiWQ1rl0zcto2_1280.png
tumblr_omzvhxeiWQ1rl0zcto3_1280.png
tumblr_omzvhxeiWQ1rl0zcto4_1280.png

theres a few trees that have escaped my pastel wrath but not for long

also here are the residents (most of them, i created a few more families after i made this)
tumblr_omc76hZdes1rl0zcto1_1280.png

Comments

• koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    OMG your world looks stunning. Loving what you've done to the world.

also, key in your signature <3
  • dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
    koalasims wrote: »
    OMG your world looks stunning. Loving what you've done to the world.

also, key in your signature <3

thank you!! and yes omg keeeeey <3<3
  • sebz242sebz242 Posts: 15 Member
    Very unique, never seen anything like it. Nice job @dollfae
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The pastel theme of your New Crest world looks so very nice! :) It looks so very pretty! Very nice exterior design of the buildings! The.pimk trees are very pretty! Very nice pastel colour scheme of the clothing that the sims are wearing! The world and sims are very nice :)
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    That world is pretty :love:
    May we all chill like wizards
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Wow...
    That has be the most unique and creative reinvention of Newcrest that I've ever seen! All of the bright colors and magical looking houses make it really stand out when compared to anything else that I've seen in TS4. I can honestly say that it makes my version looks quite ordinary. :)

Currently, Newcrest is the home of my Rhodes Legacy and this is what I've done to it so far...
    large.Newcrest_Map.png.ae7257012b21ef09c46d25d6505851dc.png

Neighborhood #1:
    large.Newcrest_001.png.357772ecf780550fb121f7676e10011f.png

This neighborhood is mostly residential. It has two medium-sized houses and two smaller houses, but it also has the local park too.

Neighborhood #2:
    large.Newcrest_002.png.812bd104ed46c13203e474f0c291ad5a.png

The second neighborhood is Newcrest's commercial district. There's an Art Gallery (with Café), a Lounge Club, a Library (with Theater), Restaurant, and a Gym (with Pool and Spa).

Neighborhood #3:
    large.Newcrest_003.png.f57849358cd87d66a8e629a6b9234519.png

The final neighborhood is completely residential. Plus, it's home area to my legacy family (the active lot that's outlined). It's still fairly early in the legacy. So, there's a lot of work that's needs to be done to their house as more simoleons are earned.

• zathyrazathyra Posts: 83 Member
    @dollfae
    your Newcrest looks magical! Also I love the residents, do they have background stories to them?
    pOZo5xl.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The neighbourhoods in your Newcrest look very nice! @Jase :) It is nice that you have a commercial disrict neighbourhood in the world. It is very special that you are playing a leagacy family. You will enjoy seeing the new generations of children and watching them grow up in your game :)
    zathyra wrote: »
    @dollfae
    your Newcrest looks magical! Also I love the residents, do they have background stories to them?

they do! i'm really into creating stories in the sims so they all have stories and stuff but i don't usually share that with people lmao. but one of the families (pearla larth lork ali and riley) are actually my real life family and fiance LMAO but renamed
    @Jase aww thank you!! i love yours too i've always wanted to try a legacy world :> i also absolutely love the houses and layout with your commercial lots!!
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Wow how breathtaking, your Newcrest is beautiful @dollfae ! I must ask, your sims are just so unique, how do you get ears like that? and can you recommend a site for custom content? I would love to begin a world in that theme!! You are an inspiration!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    and @Jase, you have done so much more than I in Newcrest, did you build your houses? They look awesome, I wish I could build like that, I am getting better, but am still quite green when it comes to building.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited March 2017
    @rosemow @dollfae @Dglbr1969 Thanks for the kind words!!! :)

My Newcrest is a mix of Maxis and my own work. I built all of the houses in neighborhood #1 and remodeled and enlarged a park that Maxis patched in with Newcrest. The same goes for the commercial area, they're all original Maxis creations that I've remodeled and added items from various EPs, GPs, or SPs. For example, the library has and working basement theater, the lounge has an upstairs buffet, and the gym has a full service basement spa.
    @Dglbr1969 thank you omg you're so sweet! i got my elf ears from here and a site i would recommend is this i love this site cause everything is is categorized and easy to find, i usually go through the themed cc list which has options for 'pastel' or 'aliens'
  • Solanaceae2Solanaceae2 Posts: 40 Member
    Woooow! I wish I had TS4 just so I could make a world like yours. It's so beautiful! I love your avatar too, by the way. Color is my friend. :)
    Thankyou @dollfae, I'm heading over to have a squizzee right now, and keep up the wonderful work!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • HyburdssHyburdss Posts: 10 New Member
    MY GOD PLEASE GIVE US YOUR SAVE FILE AND CUSTOM CONTENT FOLDER
    I NEED IT PLEASSSE

TAHNK YOU FOR THIS BLESSING
    hahaha im glad yall like it :> honestly I dunno if i should share it as a mod, for one thing I haven't quite finished recolouring all the world objects and the other thing is it would be a very very big download. like, the folder that has all the files for the world is about 300 mbs.... yeah
    I DONT CARE IT IS COMPLETE GOALSSSSSSS BY GOD I WOULD PAY MONEY FOR THIS

Oh and how did you change the color of the map and (ingame) world?
    Hyburdss wrote: »
    I DONT CARE IT IS COMPLETE GOALSSSSSSS BY GOD I WOULD PAY MONEY FOR THIS

Oh and how did you change the color of the map and (ingame) world?

I used sims 4 studio to mod everything, is the simplest answer lmao. I just found the textures i wanted to change and edited them in photoshop :>
    aw god (tries to become pro at photoshop)
  • CharlieSimmerCharlieSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    omg I neeeeeeed this in my life im crying if you ever upload this I WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST IN LINE KSJNGJERTHN
  • CharlieSimmerCharlieSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Could you please do a little tutorial on how you changed the grass colors and everything??? I'm working on a pastel storyline tumblr and having colored grass like that in it would be so awesome!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I LOVE what you did to Newcrest!!!! I’m a bit fan of pastel, myself. I guess you need CC or mods to recolour the trees/grass?