Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Game Update] Best friend

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

I play with several households, I don't remember who is the best friend of who.
It's easier to know who is the girlfriend/boyfriend.

In the Relationship Pane, I would like to add a best friend marker in order to identify the sim without check the relationship of all the friends.

I would like the NPC best friend interacts a little more (visit, phone call, invitation, SMS, ...).

The best friend is the most important person of the life, it would be nice if these words could mean something in The Sims 4.

Comments

• SoccerLuv51SoccerLuv51 Posts: 11 New Member
    I agree. I also think that sims should be able to have multiple best friends to make it more realistic. (In RL I have two best friends)
  • PaytePayte Posts: 20 Member
    I would love this in my game! Though, I think Teens already have Best Friends but I don't know if they interact more. Anyway, love this idea!
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I have two BFFs I don't see why we should be limited A. to just one and B. Why we cannot see that they are Best Friends and C. Why Sims who are besties wouldn't interact more
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I have two BFFs I don't see why we should be limited A. to just one and B. Why we cannot see that they are Best Friends and C. Why Sims who are besties wouldn't interact more

I agree. The sims I play as have many 'besties' whom I love, and I hate to limit them to just one main best friend. I'd love an option to be able to have at least have more than one best friend, or a favorites tab where we could select the sims that we favor more than others.

Maybe it's just in my game, but my best friends do interact with my sim. Like they'll call or they'll ask if my sim wants to go out and party, but they do 'keep in touch'. Maybe it's just in my game though. :smile:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Best by definition means one, not several. You can have several friends, but only one best friend. There can't be several best hamburgers, there can't be several best roller coasters in America, there can't be several best selfies of you and your dog. There is only one best. Pick one "bestie" and give the others a participation trophy.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Best by definition means one, not several. You can have several friends, but only one best friend. There can't be several best hamburgers, there can't be several best roller coasters in America, there can't be several best selfies of you and your dog. There is only one best. Pick one "bestie" and give the others a participation trophy.

but many people have many BEST friends not one. I have 4 best friends
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

No, you have four very good friends. Best by definition is singular. Could you have five best friends? How about ten? Twenty two? Forty nine? Seventy three? One hundred and sixty eight? Where do you draw the line? Best is singular. If you have more than one, you dilute the meaning, therefore all aren't as important to you as you think they are.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

No, you have four very good friends. Best by definition is singular. Could you have five best friends? How about ten? Twenty two? Forty nine? Seventy three? One hundred and sixty eight? Where do you draw the line? Best is singular. If you have more than one, you dilute the meaning, therefore all aren't as important to you as you think they are.

and to me Best means you can have more then one. this isn't the first time this was an issue on here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Why making a hierarchy ? Surely @MadameLee is equally close to her 4 best friends :) There's nothing absurd about it. And I find having so many people who are so important in our life awesome ! Few people are so lucky.
    I'd like the game to recognize several best friends and to hear about them a bit more often than others too. Giving them a truly special status.
    They can all be important but only one can be best. Google it's definition. It does not say one of many, it says one period.
    If they're all equal, you can't choose. It's like an ex aequo for a race. There can be two best as weird as it sounds.
    Have you ever been to or in a wedding or are married? How many Maids(Matrons) of Honor or Best Men were there? One each or four or five Best Men and Four or five Maids of honor? Best means one. If you have four close friends and call them all best, you lessen the honor of being the best. Best is not a crowd honor. It goes to one and one only.
    But you can't force people to choose. I guess we're condemned to agree to disagree :p
    I'm not forcing anyone to choose. The facts are the facts, You may have four besties, but, if you're honest and delve deep into your heart, only one is your true best friend. Only one is the one you would pick to raise your children, or take care of you when you're very ill. Only one of those you truly trust with all your deep dark secrets because it's human nature not to share deep issues with too many people. No one knows everything except one best friend. The others you call best friend to be nice and not hurt their feelings, which is a fine thing, but in reality, a lie, because you can only have one best friend. So, if you claim to have multiple best friends, all you really have are good friends, because you do not trust any of them enough to fully be your true best friend because you haven't given any of them your full, unbridled, trusting friendship.
    What is true for you isn't necessarily true for everyone. The world would be so boring if we all felt the same about having just one best friend, plenty of best friends, or any topic, we'd all be clones of each other... We all feel things differently and it's fine :)
    You just made my point. Five best friends who are all equal and like the same things are indeed clones. The fact that your four friends are all different proves that you are more likely to be closer to the one that shares the most of your ideas and likes.
    And that's totally not what I said LOL. I said that we aren't all "programmed" to experience the same feelings. Some people can only have one best friend, and some people can have several. Just like some people can fall in love plenty of times, some people can fall in love once, and some people never will. Some people are afraid of everything, some people don't know the feeling... We aren't all meant to have several best friends, or one best friend, or 0 best friend. Some people have emotional space for several closest people, just like some parents have enough emotional space for 10 kids they'll love equally. And some don't. There's no norm.
    But you don't fall in love with more than one person at a time. Maybe your best friend has changed with the times you were living in as needed, but what I suspect is that you are at an age where you don't need a best friend anymore, like you did in your youth. You probably have (or should have) married your true best friend, so while "the girls" are all close to you, they no longer are your best friends.
    edited March 2017
    Feeling attracted to someone (seriously or not) and feeling affection for someone aren't the same thing. They don't involve quite the same category of feelings so they don't function the same. Parents couldn't love all their children, who are the most loved beings to them, equally otherwise. Best friends are like mutually adopted family members to me, and large families are a wonderful thing :)
    As I said, what works for you doesn't necessarily work for everyone. Friendship, love, we're all unique when it comes to these things.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Anyway the problem is still the same "Best friend" means nothing in The Sims 4, just it's a decorative status.