Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Prince Charming (A Selection Challenge): UPDATED 4/24

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I like that there was no Rose ceremony. It makes it feel more natural. Less staged. I know who I would like to see leave, but will keep it to myself for now. Lol

Thank you for the updates. I finally got myself caught up.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Blargian wrote: »
    I cannot help but love Vincent :D Feels like I am betraying my Vinnie!

Thanks ^^ Now I feel less guilty for creating an evil monster for the challenge :p
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »

Thanks ^^ Now I feel less guilty for creating an evil monster for the challenge :p

What's a reality show without a compelling villain? :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sonschi wrote: »

What's a reality show without a compelling villain? :D

That's true ^^ I'm not sure yet if he will be one or not :)
  • Options
    tara_lynnctara_lynnc Posts: 113 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Sonschi @thejennifer @icmnfrsh thank you all for understanding! You're totally right and it made me feel much better! At least it gave @skcaga6 time to catch up! :mrgreen:

And @Blargian and @Sonschi I am going to be honest I have had SO much fun writing for Vincent :D the idea of his character makes me laugh! Finally almost done with the next chapter and will be posting sometime within the next day! It's 5 PM here for me now, will finish and post tonight if I have time or tomorrow afternoon!!!!

I think you guys are going to like this one, it's been a fun chapter to write and all of the remaining sims are in it!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

Day 7 is now available here!

There are also links to two polls at the end of the chapter! Hope you all enjoy it!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    tara_lynnc wrote: »
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

Day 7 is now available here!

There are also links to two polls at the end of the chapter! Hope you all enjoy it!!! :mrgreen:

It was so nice to see them all in one chapter! I can tell you worked hard on this. I'm glad you got a break, though. I know it can be hard to try and release a chapter multiple times a week, I can barely do it once a week! I loved it :)
  • Options
    I love how you framed everyone's backstories into appropriate answers to the questions. :) That really takes some skill and thought.

And is Landon playing The Sims while talking to Laila? :D Sims might have more in common with us than we think.
    I think Chris and Vincent Robinson will get the one-on-ones, if we were to go by their answers. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I love how you framed everyone's backstories into appropriate answers to the questions. :) That really takes some skill and thought.

And is Landon playing The Sims while talking to Laila? :D Sims might have more in common with us than we think.
    I think Chris and Vincent Robinson will get the one-on-ones, if we were to go by their answers. :)

Those were my guesses too! :joy:
  • Options

Those were my guesses too! :joy:

I guess we'll have to see later on if we're right. ;)

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I really enjoyed this chapter. It was nice to read about these men with strong personalities, but each one was different at the same time. And then there was Vincent :p
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Aw, perfect answer from Shamus :) And Vincent is as mean as always :joy:
  • Options
    A VERY ALARMING ANNOUNCEMENT:

I went to load my game today and was greeted with the message "save slot corrupted, unable to load"

I tried rolling back my files, that didn't work. I tried googling and searching through the forums and the only solution I found, which didn't work for many people (including me) was to go into your saves folder and delete the slot_00000001.save file....

So I thought to myself, hey, I've been keeping track of the relationships, I'll just go back in, put everyone back in the game, then use the relationship cheat to restore the relationships, no harm!

Which would have worked great, if I had ever saved the Linder family to the gallery.....

So, there you have it folks. Unless I can find a solution, Amina and her family are gone forever, as is this story :(:(:(

I'm going to post about my issue as well to see if anyone can help me, but this has been an unresolved issue for many years for people, so I don't know if it'll help :/

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
  • Options
    Oh no!! :( I'm so so sorry. I wish I could help but I'm not good with this stuff.. that is horrible. :heartbreak::cry:
  • Options
    @thejennifer at least it's a good lesson for everyone to save all of their sims to the gallery? Also, I planned on continuing with the family after the challenge, but at least I was only in the first generation stage....I read about people losing entire legacies :o I mean it's sad, but maybe I can find a solution. If not, at least it was fun while it lasted? Guess there isn't much else to do at this point besides see if anyone responds to my post on it
  • Options
    I'm going in game to do that now. I think I do already but I just want to be safe. I'm so sorry :(
  • Options
    This happened to my Waters Legacy a couple weeks ago. Had to start all over with a new family. :(
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @thejennifer good idea!!!!
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    This happened to my Waters Legacy a couple weeks ago. Had to start all over with a new family. :(

I cannot even imagine that is horrible. What generation were you on? I'm so sorry!
  • Options
    I was trying to do the alphabet. They were pregnant for the D generation.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    My fingers are crossed for this new family right now. They are pregnant for their second in the D generation.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Uh oh. I'm sad to hear that. :(

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Oh no, how frustrating! Maybe you'll get super lucky and someone will have a solution.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    @tara_lynnc, one of the posters here said that a mod caused the issue for her: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/863697/problems-after-december-patch

Do you have any mods?

Other things you can try:
    - Toggle between 32-bit and 64-bit mode
    - Repair the game through Origin

Can you give us a download link of your save file? Maybe we can test it and see if it works in our games. I doubt it's actually corrupted if all the backups don't work as well. It's likely a problem with your game.

• Options
    @icmnfrsh I have tried both of those and neither worked :( Thank you for wanting to help, I appreciate it. I had mods, but after getting rid of them, the game still isn't available to load. I'm not sure how to give you a download link to be honest lol not great with stuff like that!
  • Options
    tara_lynnc wrote: »
    @icmnfrsh I have tried both of those and neither worked :( Thank you for wanting to help, I appreciate it. I had mods, but after getting rid of them, the game still isn't available to load. I'm not sure how to give you a download link to be honest lol not great with stuff like that!

There are a couple of ways. You could upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive if you have those. Or use a site like http://www.tinyupload.com/. There are lots of them.