Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Prince Charming (A Selection Challenge): UPDATED 4/24

Comments

• Options
    tara_lynnctara_lynnc Posts: 113 Member
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Are we close yet?
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Are we close yet?

@MINEZ Tara_LynnC said she's accepting entries until the 26th and will pick from the ones she receives. This is not (supposed to be) a first come, first serve entrance.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @MINEZ @mintycupcake that is correct! I am very happy and grateful that I have received 14 entries! BUT I will keep entries open until this Sunday! I'm going away from tomorrow to Sunday so entries will close Sunday and I will officially pick who the men will be Monday when I get home from work :mrgreen:

If you don't hear from me the next few days it's cause I won't have wifi! But I'm very happy for everyone's help and submissions and feel free to create away until Sunday!
  • Options
    Cool!! Looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    Your Gallery ID: kirasososweet
    Contestants Name: Alex Johnson
    Traits: Family Oriented, Outgoing, Loves the Outdoors

Backstory: Alex Johnson is the only son of Michael and Christina Johnson and brother to 5 younger sisters. Being the oldest and the only boy put a lot of responsibility on Alex at a young age but he was still a happy kid. Having a house full of girls meant that he was no stranger to the mysterious ways of women and he knew how to expertly navigate the landmine that was his home. Between being the unofficial scary bug killer and professional nail painter, he was groomed to be the perfect boyfriend. Unfortunately his sisters made it their responsibility to weed out any unworthy girls Alex had the misfortune to bring home. This lovable big brother figures now is the best time to try his luck away from his hectic family and maybe win over the girl of his dreams before his family has a chance to embarrass him...again.

[img][/img]956af315-78a0-49c5-8c95-d82dbd28e512_zpsfpptcsss.png

Costume:
    [img][/img]27be57fb-abb6-469c-812b-439ec006363e_zpsqjhx2uqb.png
  • Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    Gallery ID: ILIKEcantalope
    Contestant's name: Greg Stokes
    Traits: Active, Outgoing, Ambitious

Backstory: Greg never met his birth parents, he was adopted by the Stokes family before he can even remember. They were wonderful people, really, and they loved him and cared for him well. But he always had the feeling that he never quite fit in. They were a bookish family who loved things like art and music, while he liked sports. All of his siblings got perfect grades in school, he got...C's. It never made sense to him why this family took him in or why his other family wouldn't. He longed to one day meet them. His best friend/sister, Tamsin, gave him a better idea. Instead of pining after a family that definitely would never live up to the expectations that he had for them, he needed to make his own perfect family. So now Greg is off on a quest to find love and make his own perfect family and find a place to fit in.

He's a bit of a party boy, the kind of guy who says that Die Hard is his favorite Christmas movie, and doesn't really like dressing up for Halloween (so he's dressed as John McClane from Die Hard here) but he's lovable, he's harmless, and he's really awkward around girls that he likes.

Here he is
    33474726592_4c60d07877_b.jpg

His everyday and his costume
    33474725152_bee4dfc244_n.jpg
    33474725952_d114355d5b_n.jpg
  • Options
    BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    Princess Amina (Family-Oriented, Loves the Outdoors, Romantic)

Submissions so far [14 available spots]:
    1. Vinnie Horner (Bookworm, Good, Romantic)
    2. Landon Barnes (Active, Good, Materialistic)
    3. Sal Darling (Family-Oriented, Hot-Headed, Perfectionist)
    4. Shelby Barton (Active, Family-Oriented, Loner)
    5. Harper Serenata (Active, Creative, Self-Assured)
    6. Franceis Domingo (Creative, Jealous, Vegetarian)
    7. Vincent Robinson (Evil, Outgoing, Perfectionist)
    8. Samir Narayanan (Childish, Creative, Foodie)
    9. Christopher Lyons (Ambitious, Clumsy, Good)
    10. Julian Mark (Geek, Gloomy, Good)
    11. Adriel Landgraab-Goth (Ambitious, Genius, Self-Assured)
    12. Eduardo Villanueva (Active, Bro, Hot-Headed)
    13. Shamus Lamonia (Bookworm, Family-Oriented, Genius)
    14. Thomas Corbett (Active, Romantic, Vegetarian)
    15. Alex Johnson (Family-Oriented, Loves the Outdoors, Outgoing)
    16. Greg Stokes (Active, Ambitious, Outgoing)

Top 5 traits, for those who love statistics [me]:
    1. Active – 37.5%
    2. Family-Oriented – 25%
    3. Good –25%
    4. Ambitious – 18.75%
    5. Outgoing – 18.75%
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone who has submitted a sim!

Submissions are now CLOSED.

It is roughly 6 AM here right now. I plan on posting my choices around 6 PM here tonight after I get home from work!

Thanks again and can't wait to get started!!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yay. Can't wait to see what happens. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    OKAY EVERYONE!

I have picked out the men! 14 men split between two households!

I've had a crazy day today and have quite a bit more to do today and would like to put together a blog post with your descriptions that you've given me and which men have been chosen!

I will probably do this within the next few hours!

What to expect from here on out will be a new chapter an average of every 3 days depending on how busy I am!

Day 1 will just be more on Princess Amina and her family.

Day 2 she will start to meet her potential lovers!

Do you guys want to know who has been chosen or wait a little bit for the official post?!

• Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    tara_lynnc wrote: »
    OKAY EVERYONE!

I have picked out the men! 14 men split between two households!

I've had a crazy day today and have quite a bit more to do today and would like to put together a blog post with your descriptions that you've given me and which men have been chosen!

I will probably do this within the next few hours!

What to expect from here on out will be a new chapter an average of every 3 days depending on how busy I am!

Day 1 will just be more on Princess Amina and her family.

Day 2 she will start to meet her potential lovers!

Do you guys want to know who has been chosen or wait a little bit for the official post?!

I would like to know now!!
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Alright I'll listen to @princess2109 !!!

The chosen men (in no particular order) are:
    Household One
    Alex Johnson by @kirasososweet
    Thomas Corbett by @soccer_emmy
    Shamus Lamonia by @Sonschi
    Eduardo Villanueva by @koalasims
    Adriel Landgraab-Goth by @mintycupcake
    Christopher Lyons by @thejennifer
    Franceis Domingo by @princess2109

Household Two
    Vincent Robinson by @Sonschi
    Landon Barnes by @icmnfrsh
    Vinnie Horner by @Blargian
    Greg Stokes by @GeekMonkey34B21
    Julian Mark by @SimmerMoon
    Harper Serenata by @MINEZ
    Sal Darling by @icmnfrsh

Thank you so much to everyone that submitted and I'm looking forward to getting started! I'll make an official post later on tonight!!!!
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    yay! I'm glad my boy made it :) I'm really looking forward to this!
  • Options
    Thank you for picking Adriel! I'm looking forward to reading your story!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Yay. I can't wait to see how things turn out. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited
  • Options
    koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    I'm keen! :D
  • Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    edited March 2017
    My guy made it...I'm so excited. (I would've read regardless)
    Post edited by kirasososweet on
  • Options
    soccer_emmysoccer_emmy Posts: 114 Member
    Yay! This is so exciting!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'm so glad everyone is excited!!! You can see a summary of the selected men here.

Please note that there were a few entries that had some content that I don't currently own (hair, outfits, etc.).

If I had to change your sim's hair or outfit and you are unhappy with it, please just let me know what you would like me to change it to for you :D
    Post edited by tara_lynnc on
  • Options
    I wonder if some of the traits (Evil, hot-headed) could actually hinder sims, because if they take it out on the princess, they're kicked out at once. :p

• Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I wonder if some of the traits (Evil, hot-headed) could actually hinder sims, because if they take it out on the princess, they're kicked out at once. :p

I have a Sim in @PrincessSimcess's Royal Bachelor and one of the Bachelorettes was evil and she actually made it fairly far. There was also one who was mean, which I believe was the first to go, and one who was hot headed, who made it a bit further. So, you never know!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited March 2017

@icmnfrsh I was messing around in live mode in one of the households for maybe ONE minute, just taking some screenshots and such, and I already had my first screaming match break out :D

Not directed towards the Princess though! Yet ;)
  • Options

I have a Sim in @PrincessSimcess's Royal Bachelor and one of the Bachelorettes was evil and she actually made it fairly far. There was also one who was mean, which I believe was the first to go, and one who was hot headed, who made it a bit further. So, you never know!

Interesting. I guess the mean ones are more overtly hostile, while the evil ones are more...subdued.
    tara_lynnc wrote: »

@icmnfrsh I was messing around in live mode in one of the households for maybe ONE minute, just taking some screenshots and such, and I already had my first screaming match break out :D

Not directed towards the Princess though! Yet ;)

Lol. This will be exciting to watch. :p