Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Prince Charming (A Selection Challenge): UPDATED 4/24

tara_lynnctara_lynnc Posts: 113 Member
Hello everyone!

I have been recently inspired to by @Kamio 's selection challenge stories to try one of my own!

Find the rules and explanation here.

I will not be doing youtube videos like Kamio, but will do written chapters only.

Also, since it's going to be primarily all writing with pictures, I may or may not do the reports (slight tweak)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON PRINCESS AMINA :mrgreen:
THE SELECTED MEN
DAY 1: NERVES
DAY 2 PART 1: THE FIRST ARRIVAL
DAY 2 PART 2: THE LATE NIGHT

DAY 3 PART 1: DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
DAY 3 PART 2: LETTIN' LOOSE
DAY 4: GETTING ALONG JUST SWIMMINGLY
DAY 5: THE FIRST MAN IN THE CASTLE
DAY 6: THE ROYAL DINNER PARTY
DAY 7: AN UNEXPECTED DATE

03-17-17_45525PM_zpslo0n7sp5.png

Post edited by tara_lynnc on

Comments

• Options
    NOTE: I will not accept vampires. There will be events outside and especially if they are guests at things, I don't want to have an incident! :s
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hmm... I could enter the one I made for Sonschi's Bachelorette, if you care for it. The "royal attire" part is subjective, though. You'll have to check if he looks okay. His first party outfit is goofy though, so that needs to be changed. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Sure, that would be great! I'm sure whatever he is wearing is fine and I can always tweak things a little! :D
  • Options
    I'll post a pic of his party outfit and let you judge. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    03_16_17_11_26_48_AM.png
    03_16_17_11_26_58_AM.png

The first one is Party outfit #1.

If you like, I'll edit the description so that it includes your hashtag as well. :)

• Options
    I love him! Hopefully some other people are interested in submitting sims :D if not, we'll see! Maybe I'll have to get another posted story under my belt first or play the liter version!
  • Options
    Okay, I'll edit his description later. :) My gallery ID is icemanfresh. I can also repost his bio here

• Options
    BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    I am going to make a Prince now :) Any pics of the Princess?
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Your Gallery ID: Jalooloo

Contestants Name: Vinnie Horner

Traits: Romantic, Good, Bookworm, Alluring

Backstory: Vinnie hasn't gone by Vincent since he left home. He loves his family, but living with his six older sisters was quite stifling on his creativity. He saved up enough money to move to the city, and has since become an indie movie icon. His scripts have been praised for their "deep and authentic" romances, but he has yet to found a love for himself.

2BUz3g.jpg

O2XZJq.png
    Post edited by Blargian on
    KYkPuFT.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    03_11_17_10_18_27_PM.png
    Your Gallery ID: icemanfresh
    Name: Landon Barnes
    Traits: Athletic, Materialistic, Good, Collector
    Story:
    Landon grew up in a lake house in the woods with his 4 brothers and sisters. His parents chose to live there for the fresh air and nature, but their jobs as pharmaceutical firm executives keep them busy, and the commute to the city takes a chunk out of their day. This meant that they rarely saw their kids from Monday to Saturday, since they usually got home very late. Although a bit neglectful, his parents made up for it by buying pretty much most of their kids' whims. Landon and his siblings are a bit spoiled this way, but he recognizes that he's been blessed, so he does try to give back and participate in a lot of community activities.

Landon very much loves the toys his parents gave him (he even got a car for his 16th birthday, which he had to share with his brother, Derrick), but he also loves going around the woods, swimming in Lake Simtaka, and collecting a bunch of "treasures" that he comes across. At 10 years old, Landon hit the jackpot when it was discovered that a lost city was submerged within the lake. He wanted to explore the city and look for treasures and artifacts, but it was so deep in the lake that only experienced scuba divers could access it. This inspired Landon to learn scuba diving, as well as take up archaeology in college. He now goes around the country searching through ruins (both land and underwater) for artifacts that he can catalog and preserve in history museums.

One thing that haunts Landon to this day is the moment his last girlfriend died in a tragic accident during high school. He and Bethany decided to swim in the lake one night, and she ended up drowning. Landon had a hard time seeing her with little light, and he was too far away to call for help. He still visits his therapist sometimes to cope with the grief and the guilt. Someday he wants to get past this traumatic incident, maybe settling down with someone and having a big family like his parents did, and maybe retiring from doing field work so that he can spend more time with his own kids.

There we go. :)
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on

• Options
    Ooh, since you have 14 slots, I'll make another guy to help move things along. :)

• Options
    Blargian wrote: »
    I am going to make a Prince now :) Any pics of the Princess?

Yes! I'm probably going to roll out a little bio for her this weekend! :mrgreen: thank you so much for your Sim!!!

And thank you for yours too @icmnfrsh !! Unique backstory! If you want to create another one, that would be great!

14 I thought would be ideal and fun, but I need a minimum of at least 7 so that would be great :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    03_18_17_3_06_09_AM.png
    Your Gallery ID: icemanfresh
    Name: Sal Darling
    Traits: Hot-Headed, Family-Oriented, Perfectionist, Quick Learner
    Story:
    Sal always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder growing up. But if you had been in his place, you would've been too. Throughout his life, he had always been surrounded by naysayers. "No, you shouldn't get those tattoos." "A man can't be the homemaker. The woman should be the one taking care of the kids." "Why learn household management? Guys can't really do certain things well." "Stop obsessing over perfection. Nobody's perfect."

Well, that last one is true, but that won't stop Sal from trying to excel in all the things he does. Each "no" only serves to spur him on, while also shortening his fuse until his next outburst. As of the moment, Sal is learning cooking, basic home repair, and track. He's keeping himself busy while waiting to meet someone he could spend the rest of his life and start a family with. He's had a few dates so far, but nothing really serious. In the meantime, Sal works part-time as a freelance graphic designer. While not making as much money, he does have enough time to pursue his hobbies, and take care of several things that would've otherwise needed hired help. As of the moment, Sal is content.

Sal currently lives with his widowed father, helping care for him, while his father helps with expenses using his retirement pension. His sister lives in Bridgeport as a journalist, but she sends money to help out too. In a rare moment of triumph, Sal actually received his father's blessing when he decided to join Princess Amina's search for her prince. Mr. Darling would be able to take care of himself, he claims, but Sal decided to take on more jobs right before the search's start so that he could leave his father with enough money to cover himself for a few months.
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on

• Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hola, still trying to figure out how to post pics, but would definitely like to submit a guy

Gallery ID: writerboy08

Contestants Name: Harper Serenata(he's hash tagged #PRINCECHARMING)

Traits: Creative,Athletic, & Self-assured

Backstory: Harper is from a family I've played for while in game. He's just aged up and has always looked up to example of his parents for the perfect relationship. He has two sisters, older and younger, so he's pretty versed in girl. Was in a teenaged relationship that ended terrible she cheated on him with his former best friend. Harper is loyal until you lose his trust. He is in the social media field with the hopes of earning enough to live on and support a family, but then he's sisters conspired to get him in this competition. Never to back down from a challenge he's excited to possibly find "The One" that also happens to be a princess.
    Post edited by MINEZ on
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh thank you! can't wait to see the story!

and @MINEZ awesome thank you so much! You can usually upload pictures using photobucket, but don't even worry about it! I'll find him in the gallery!
  • Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I can help out with this ;0
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    I can help out with this ;0

yay! thanks!
  • Options
    tara_lynnc wrote: »
    READ MY INTRODUCTION HERE :grin:

It says nothing is at the link :(
  • Options
    @princess2109 woops I used the wrong thing! my bad! thanks for letting me know click here :mrgreen:

I updated it in the main discussion post too! Thank you!!!
  • Options
    @minez You are the person who created Lyric Rhys, aren't you? I love her :) I can't find your Bachelor in the gallery, though :(
    KYkPuFT.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Your Gallery ID: Jalooloo

Contestants Name: Shelby Barton

Traits: Active, Loner, Family-Oriented, Domestic

Backstory: Shelby grew up with his grandparents - his parents were drug addicts that could not provide for him. No matter how hard his grandparents tried, they just could not get him out of his shell. He is a loner that desperately longs for friends and to have a big, loving family with someone he loves. He just has to find her first!

uS07LG.png

eNEDdk.png
    KYkPuFT.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The first 4 - Will one of these lovely lads win the heart of Princess Amina?

TJpLEf.jpg
    KYkPuFT.png?1
  • Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    I would like to do one but I'm kinda terrible at male Sims. :(
  • Options
    I would like to do one but I'm kinda terrible at male Sims. :(

have faith!!