Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All saves are gone....

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    i dont use One Drive, my saved files are empty, all my mods are gone, what should *i* do. cause this is unacceptable

Hello @purplecheet0s
    Try using the search bar on your computer and see if there is another sims 4 folder somewhere on your computer, that may contain your save files and mods,
    Try checking the recycling bin for the missing save files and mods.
  • DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    Your saves will naturally delete itself for some unknown reason if you reinstall TS4 from a C Drive to a D Drive on Alienware.
    There's no clear cut fix, and even if there was... there's no install or reinstall guide on the official webpage to confirm that there won't be any problems from a Mcguyver fix.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    i dont use One Drive, my saved files are empty, all my mods are gone, what should *i* do. cause this is unacceptable

Hello @purplecheet0s
    Try using the search bar on your computer and see if there is another sims 4 folder somewhere on your computer, that may contain your save files and mods,
    Try checking the recycling bin for the missing save files and mods.

This is a good idea; my sims 4 folder once made it into my pictures by accident and I ended up in exactly the same situation.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Sims2ForeverSims2Forever Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. All of a sudden my saved games were missing. Then, I followed the steps that another user linked to solve the problem. I did all of the steps, (I saved the "saves" Folder to my dropbox.. I don't have a One Drive account) and while I now do have a "new game" and "load game" screen, I only have the household I made for the purpose of fixing the issue. None of my previously saved games are coming up. All of my games are also still in the "Tray" folder. I'm not sure what to do. I'm on the phone with tech support now (after trying the online chat last night) and she doesn't seem to understand that my issue is with saved games, not with being able to launch an expansion pack. If anyone has any advice please let me know.
    Thanks!
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. All of a sudden my saved games were missing. Then, I followed the steps that another user linked to solve the problem. I did all of the steps, (I saved the "saves" Folder to my dropbox.. I don't have a One Drive account) and while I now do have a "new game" and "load game" screen, I only have the household I made for the purpose of fixing the issue. None of my previously saved games are coming up. All of my games are also still in the "Tray" folder. I'm not sure what to do. I'm on the phone with tech support now (after trying the online chat last night) and she doesn't seem to understand that my issue is with saved games, not with being able to launch an expansion pack. If anyone has any advice please let me know.
    Thanks!

Are your saved games showing up in your tray folder? if so that is the problem, the only things that should be in your tray folder are the sims and houses you either made and saved to your gallery library or sims and houses you took from the gallery.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

edited October 2017
    Hello,

Thanks!

Hello
    Your saved game files should be in your documents -Electronic Arts -saves folder. Your tray folder contains the files of your sims households and builds that are in your library. If your saves folder is in the tray folder replace the documents -Electronic Arts -saves folder with the one that is in your tray folder.
  • Mysterio579Mysterio579 Posts: 22 New Member
    I'm running into this issue as well. Went to play a little bit ago after not having played in a few months to find my saves not showing up in game. My 'saves' and 'tray' folder in my documents is showing everything is still there, they just aren't showing in game. I even tried creating a sim, moving him into a house, then exiting the game and loading it back up again. And when I go to 'load a sim', it just shows the one I created for the test. Kind of depressing since I put over 800+ hours of work into my sims just to not be able to use them now. :-(
    I'm running into this issue as well. Went to play a little bit ago after not having played in a few months to find my saves not showing up in game. My 'saves' and 'tray' folder in my documents is showing everything is still there, they just aren't showing in game. I even tried creating a sim, moving him into a house, then exiting the game and loading it back up again. And when I go to 'load a sim', it just shows the one I created for the test. Kind of depressing since I put over 800+ hours of work into my sims just to not be able to use them now. :-(

Hello @Mysterio579
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a sims 4 folder in One Drive. The game may be using that one instead. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4.
    This article may help you
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
    Thanks for the reply. I have OneDrive but don't know anything about it. It came with my computer and it never gave me a issue before on any game. Even the 800+ hours I put into this game already, it never gave me a problem so not sure why it would start now. I'm not sure how to unsync the game from it but will try to figure it out.
    Thanks for the reply. I have OneDrive but don't know anything about it. It came with my computer and it never gave me a issue before on any game. Even the 800+ hours I put into this game already, it never gave me a problem so not sure why it would start now. I'm not sure how to unsync the game from it but will try to figure it out.

Hello
    It may have been caused by a recent windows update patch. Try seeing if there is a sims 4 folder in One Drive.

This link explains how to unsync the game from One Drive,
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
    Curious though. If it's saved into my documents as well as my OneDrive, why would it only use the saves from OneDrive? And that test sim I made to try and resolve the issue, why would it let me load that one up after saving it since I would think it would put it in the same place as the others. Just kind of confusing to me.
    Ok I went and 'Unlinked' OneDrive from this pc so it shouldn't use it anymore to get my saves I would think. But when I go to load up my sims, they still aren't showing and I'm at a loss as to why. I did everything the page said to do.
    Curious though. If it's saved into my documents as well as my OneDrive, why would it only use the saves from OneDrive? And that test sim I made to try and resolve the issue, why would it let me load that one up after saving it since I would think it would put it in the same place as the others. Just kind of confusing to me.

The game will only use files from one sims 4 folder location. It may only be using the One Drive location. The sim/save game that you created may have been saved to the saves /tray folders in One Drive, but not to the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 - saves or tray folders.
    Bah things are a mess. Now that I deactivated OneDrive, might it be better if I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game while backing up my 'saves' and 'tray' files? Because with the way it's handling things at the moment as a result of the OneDrive, it's just making this harder than it needs to be. Maybe reinstalling it will have it ignore the OneDrive.
    Nevermind, I think I fixed it. For some reason it saved my test sim into a whole new documents folder rather than the old one, perhaps due to a conflict with OneDrive. Well I just copied all the saves and tray files from the old folder into the new ones and everything seems to be in order now, or hopefully.
  • The7DeadlySimsThe7DeadlySims Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm sorry that happened, I've never had this issue.
    Nevermind, I think I fixed it. For some reason it saved my test sim into a whole new documents folder rather than the old one, perhaps due to a conflict with OneDrive. Well I just copied all the saves and tray files from the old folder into the new ones and everything seems to be in order now, or hopefully.

I am glad that the issue is fixed now.
    Never had this issue myself. I just decided to go ahead and uninstall it and reinstall, this way I can delete the old files that it wasn't using anymore and to free up some space. Hoping the reinstall goes smoothly. Great game and would like to try and get back into it, but issues like that make it hard.
  • crystallciecrystallcie Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm currently having a similar issue;

So basically a couple of weeks ago I had to do a factory reset on my laptop. I thought that all my saves and other files would be saved in Origin so I didn't bother to back them up, I only backed up my mods.
    I did manage to get my files back after realising they weren't saved (using easeus), but the files seem to be corrupt now and although they do show up in the gallery, they don't work.
    I hope this makes sense and if anyone has any ideas please let me know! I really don't want to lose all the sims I had. :(

Below are some screenshots from the gallery:
    i.imgur.com / Dixu1H4.png
    i.imgur.com / dh35IFM.png
    i.imgur.com / A3aR8bS.png
    I'm currently having a similar issue;

So basically a couple of weeks ago I had to do a factory reset on my laptop. I thought that all my saves and other files would be saved in Origin so I didn't bother to back them up, I only backed up my mods.
    I did manage to get my files back after realising they weren't saved (using easeus), but the files seem to be corrupt now and although they do show up in the gallery, they don't work.
    I hope this makes sense and if anyone has any ideas please let me know! I really don't want to lose all the sims I had. :(

Below are some screenshots from the gallery:
    Dixu1H4.png
    dh35IFM.png
    A3aR8bS.png

Hello @crystallcie
    You may be missing tray files. The tray folder contains the files of the sims households and builds that you have saved to your library. It looks like there may be missing tray files for the sims and /or the files have become corrupt
    I am sorry :(
  • crystallciecrystallcie Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow
    I see :( I thought that all the files were there and they were just corrupt, I didn't think that any would be missing. I'll have to make sure to back them up often in future, it was silly of me not to check before doing the factory reset.

Anyway no worries, thank you very much for getting back to me!
    @rosemow
    I see :( I thought that all the files were there and they were just corrupt, I didn't think that any would be missing. I'll have to make sure to back them up often in future, it was silly of me not to check before doing the factory reset.

Anyway no worries, thank you very much for getting back to me!

I am sorry that this has occured :(
  • PKAS1PKAS1 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Mysterio579 said:
    > Nevermind, I think I fixed it. For some reason it saved my test sim into a whole new documents folder rather than the old one, perhaps due to a conflict with OneDrive. Well I just copied all the saves and tray files from the old folder into the new ones and everything seems to be in order now, or hopefully.

Thank you for posting your solution! I just installed the new update this morning, and all my saves were missing too.. I'm glad I found your post! :) (weird that there was a new Sims file in my documents.. ug.)