Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Vie - A Troll

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    They are probably waiting for April 1st to say "April Fool"

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    At this point, it's not proved if it is a hoax or a real thing. You can't say it's a hoax only because someone here said it.

Look, I totally get how people won't be willing to take one person's word that this is a hoax, so instead look at the actions of the person claiming this project is for real.

Reddit threads here and here.

Ask yourself, would a real game developer, who is supposedly putting together a crack team of experienced game creators to make a serious competitor to a AAA game hire a PR person who acts like this? Would they only release information through a reddit account (which got banned multiple times) and a twitter account? Would they refuse to answer any substantive questions about their game - or even more telling - any substantive questions about their production team and game development? And then delete their vague and useless posts, when people weren't buying what they said?

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to be resolved today. I suspect that this is going to go on and on as this troll releases "information" like logos, faked screenshots or renderings, a website, etc... without giving us anything that actually allows us to verify whether or not what they're saying is legit, like who is on their team and corporate information about their studio.

So please, look at whatever comes out today with a critical eye. Ask, "Does this make sense?" "Do other developers release their games this way?" "How can I verify what he's telling me?" Ask tons of questions and don't accept vague evasions for an answer.

Just want to preface my comment with the fact that I think it's a hoax too. However there has been at least one indie developer recently that behaved in an inappropriate manner. I ask anyone to google Digital Homicide for evidence.

Notoriously bad behaviour from a maker of notoriously bad games.

As I said on Twitter earlier this morning, my take right now is that if this is not a hoax, these people's highly unprofessional behaviour online leaves me assuming that their product is going to be equally unprofessional.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    At this point, it's not proved if it is a hoax or a real thing. You can't say it's a hoax only because someone here said it.

Look, I totally get how people won't be willing to take one person's word that this is a hoax, so instead look at the actions of the person claiming this project is for real.

Ask yourself, would a real game developer, who is supposedly putting together a crack team of experienced game creators to make a serious competitor to a AAA game hire a PR person who acts like this? Would they only release information through a reddit account (which got banned multiple times) and a twitter account? Would they refuse to answer any substantive questions about their game - or even more telling - any substantive questions about their production team and game development? And then delete their vague and useless posts, when people weren't buying what they said?

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to be resolved today. I suspect that this is going to go on and on as this troll releases "information" like logos, faked screenshots or renderings, a website, etc... without giving us anything that actually allows us to verify whether or not what they're saying is legit, like who is on their team and corporate information about their studio.

So please, look at whatever comes out today with a critical eye. Ask, "Does this make sense?" "Do other developers release their games this way?" "How can I verify what he's telling me?" Ask tons of questions and don't accept vague evasions for an answer.

Just want to preface my comment with the fact that I think it's a hoax too. However there has been at least one indie developer recently that behaved in an inappropriate manner. I ask anyone to google Digital Homicide for evidence.

As I said on Twitter earlier this morning, my take right now is that if this is not a hoax, these people's highly unprofessional behaviour online leaves me assuming that their product is going to be equally unprofessional.

I really hope Vie is real and great, and you have to eat your own words and stop kissing Maxis' plum
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017

I really hope Vie is real and great, and you have to eat your own words and stop kissing Maxis' plum

I hope it's real and great too. Maybe if they behaved like a decent independent studio does I'd expect that from them. I'm all for having more great life simulations out there, and I have a lot of respect for indie developers. As for the rest, not worth my time to do it for you but you're welcome to hunt down my posts of game criticism. There are many. I just don't repeat them in irrelevant places or throw insults around while I criticize, so perhaps it escaped you that those are criticism.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top