Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Vie - A Troll

FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
Sadly the "new life simulation" game that was circling around a while ago. They say they are planning to give information today but they deleted their twitter page LOL.

I am confused why someone put that much effort on twitter for a while then deletes it

Looks like The Sims 4 is safe from having a competitor for a while.

Comments

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Finbar659 They did not delete the twitter page, they changed their user name. Here it is: https://🐸🐸🐸🐸
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    It is still a hoax, though, I'm afraid. :( I'm interested to see what they're supposedly going to post later today, though.

Here's a link to another thread on here with evidence that it's a hoax...
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is a shame that they where trying to get everyone excited about a new game that might have been of interest to people and then just start playing with everyone.

Will Wright didn't need to play games when he started development of The Sims. It was the players who played games back then! :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    It is still a hoax, though, I'm afraid. :( I'm interested to see what they're supposedly going to post later today, though.

Here's a link to another thread on here with evidence that it's a hoax...

I'm not saying it's not a hoax, but I'm not saying it is real either, but until they make their announcement at 6pm, how do we know? Yes, I went to the link and I'm not saying MadameButterfly is wrong; however, do ya'll always believe everything ya'll read on the internet?
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's so sad seeing all those people commenting on the Twitter account about how optimistic they are :( Even a few high profile Youtube Simmers seem to be unaware it's a hoax.

As for the hoaxer, they'll probably just post a troll face and then delete their account.
    edited March 2017
    At this point, it's not proved if it is a hoax or a real thing. You can't say it's a hoax only because someone here said it.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I'm watching it with absolute 0 stock put into it.

My popcorn is ready.
    uJO0S.gif
    // take me back to 2018.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2017
    Trowicia wrote: »

My popcorn is ready.
    uJO0S.gif

I'd love for it to be legit, some competition would be great for the life sim franchise, but I've never gotten hyped up about Vie. Even before it was revealed it was a hoax (which was obvious from the get go). It's always been poorly executed, a random date, a quickly thrown together logo and some cryptic tweets aren't going to convince me.

However, I find it weird how the person saying it's a hoax refused to post a screenshot. I trust her more than I do all of the Vie accounts, but still..

My popcorn is ready.
    uJO0S.gif

I'd love for it to be legit, some competition would be great for the life sim franchise, but I've never gotten hyped up about Vie. Even before it was revealed it was a hoax (which was obvious from the get go). It's always been poorly executed, a random date, a quickly thrown together logo and some cryptic tweets aren't going to convince me.

However, I find it weird how the person saying it's a hoax refused to post a screenshot. I trust more than I do all of the Vie accounts, but still..

This ^^ And again, I'm not discrediting MB for saying it was a hoax, but the only "evidence" of the hoax is an announcement from MB and other forum members saying it's a hoax, but no proof of it actually being a hoax.

I'm neutral about the whole thing. I'm not hyped over Vie as there's nothing to be hyped about at the moment, but I do think competition for The Sims wouldn't be a bad thing at all. It might cause the franchise to step up their game and bring out something mind-blowing.

I'm interested in what the announcement will be, but not hyped about it. No expectations = no disappointment :smile:
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    well if it is a hoax it doesn't matter but if it's real maybe it'll be interesting plenty of games have competition or just games that are similar in the end it would be up to the players. With die-hard fans staying put, fans that like a wide variety, those that wouldn't care either way because they don't like this sort of game etc. it goes on. Lots of player options for companies to care about. Though if it is real and turns out to be worth checking out I hope it doesn't end up in the pile of games that fizzled out because of lack of resources or loss of interest from the devs. I guess I'm curious.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I myself am actually curious to what it could be, if it is not a hoax. No one has actually 'taken The Sims on' before so if this is real then what would it be like?

Well I will bookmark this thread (unless my notifications get too much) and have a look again later :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I have the Twitter page bookmarked, I'm overdue for sleep (its 6:17AM) so I'll check when I wake up sometime later in the afternoon.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    The only thing that makes it suspiscious as they haven't really said what company they are from or even have a proper website about their own company.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    At this point, it's not proved if it is a hoax or a real thing. You can't say it's a hoax only because someone here said it.

Look, I totally get how people won't be willing to take one person's word that this is a hoax, so instead look at the actions of the person claiming this project is for real.

Reddit threads here and here.

Ask yourself, would a real game developer, who is supposedly putting together a crack team of experienced game creators to make a serious competitor to a AAA game hire a PR person who acts like this? Would they only release information through a reddit account (which got banned multiple times) and a twitter account? Would they refuse to answer any substantive questions about their game - or even more telling - any substantive questions about their production team and game development? And then delete their vague and useless posts, when people weren't buying what they said?

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to be resolved today. I suspect that this is going to go on and on as this troll releases "information" like logos, faked screenshots or renderings, a website, etc... without giving us anything that actually allows us to verify whether or not what they're saying is legit, like who is on their team and corporate information about their studio.

So please, look at whatever comes out today with a critical eye. Ask, "Does this make sense?" "Do other developers release their games this way?" "How can I verify what he's telling me?" Ask tons of questions and don't accept vague evasions for an answer.
    I have the Twitter page bookmarked, I'm overdue for sleep (its 6:17AM) so I'll check when I wake up sometime later in the afternoon.

They said they were announcing at 6pm GMT!

Look, I totally get how people won't be willing to take one person's word that this is a hoax, so instead look at the actions of the person claiming this project is for real.

Ask yourself, would a real game developer, who is supposedly putting together a crack team of experienced game creators to make a serious competitor to a AAA game hire a PR person who acts like this? Would they only release information through a reddit account (which got banned multiple times) and a twitter account? Would they refuse to answer any substantive questions about their game - or even more telling - any substantive questions about their production team and game development? And then delete their vague and useless posts, when people weren't buying what they said?

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to be resolved today. I suspect that this is going to go on and on as this troll releases "information" like logos, faked screenshots or renderings, a website, etc... without giving us anything that actually allows us to verify whether or not what they're saying is legit, like who is on their team and corporate information about their studio.

So please, look at whatever comes out today with a critical eye. Ask, "Does this make sense?" "Do other developers release their games this way?" "How can I verify what he's telling me?" Ask tons of questions and don't accept vague evasions for an answer.

I already read that. I'm not saying it's real, but I can't say it's a hoax neither.

We're are thinking about "big' developers, while this supposed Vie game could be developed by small team, an indie game. Also, they haven't answered some questions as they did they will do it after the supposed announcement... Does it remind you to some triple AAA game? Ah yeah, The Sims 4.

I don't know if it is real or not, and none of you know neither. Saying it's a hoax just because someone said it it's just more speculation because no one provided actual evidence of the hoax or the real game.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2017
    I already read that. I'm not saying it's real, but I can't say it's a hoax neither.

We're are thinking about "big' developers, while this supposed Vie game could be developed by small team, an indie game. Also, they haven't answered some questions as they did they will do it after the supposed announcement... Does it remind you to some triple AAA game? Ah yeah, The Sims 4.

I don't know if it is real or not, and none of you know neither. Saying it's a hoax just because someone said it it's just more speculation because no one provided actual evidence of the hoax or the real game.

This isn't comparable to the Sims 4 development team at all. I know that EA is an actual corporation. I can look up their place of business, they talk (and even spotlight) the people who make their games. So do other real developers.

In that first reddit thread I asked these questions:

How many people are involved in the development of this game?

What are their backgrounds in game design? And have they worked for actual game developers? If so what games have they worked on?

What country are you based out of?

Why don't you have a proper website yet? When can we expect one?

What kind of budget are you working with?

What's the approximate development time for this project?

What platforms are you planning on releasing on? Retailers? Possible price points?

All of these should have very simple and clear answers that can be checked and verified - without spoiling anything about the game itself - even if this is a small game developer. The fact that he wouldn't even answer those questions should send up major warning flags. The fact that their PR person acts more like a troll than anyone doing legit PR is another warning sign.

Did Colossal Order act like this when they released their competitor to Sim City? Hardly. No real game developer, even indie ones, act like this.

But hey, believe what you want.
    Post edited by monkeypants1 on
    edited March 2017

This isn't comparable to the Sims 4 development team at all. I know that EA is an actual corporation. I can look up their place of business, they talk (and even spotlight) the people who make their games. So do other real developers.

What are their backgrounds in game design? And have they worked for actual game developers? If so what games have they worked on?

What platforms are you planning on releasing on? Retailers? Possible price points?

All of these should have very simple and clear answers that can be checked and verified - without spoiling anything about the game itself - even if this is a small game developer. The fact that he wouldn't even answer those questions should send up major warning flags. The fact that their PR person acts more like a troll than anyone doing legit PR is another warning sign.

Did Colossal Order act like this when they released their competitor to Sim City? Hardly. No real game developer, even indie ones, act like this.

We'll see today ;) Maybe it's real after all, who knows!

EDIT:
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

We'll see today ;) Maybe it's real after all, who knows!

EDIT:

Yes, of course they sent pre announcement informations to a random youtuber with 1.793 subscribers. It is definitely not just someone who tries to take part in the joke.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    You all do realize that Sims is not the only life simulation game there is, right? It is the best on the market, but not the only one.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

However, I find it weird how the person saying it's a hoax refused to post a screenshot. I trust her more than I do all of the Vie accounts, but still..

I've only got a moment before I need to run off to work, but as a member of that forum I'd like to address what I bolded. I'll probably bungle the words so I hope you'll cut me some slack but in a nutshell, the forum is private, so members are granted privacy. That means we don't do screenshots, even if it would help give us credibility in the face of skepticism. It's a forum policy, many forums of all different interests have various policies, including no screenshots elsewhere.

I was one to step in and say that I also saw the posts of the troublemaker. I was trying to both support my forum owner by saying, "Yeah, she's telling the truth, I saw it too" and to help people here not be pulled in by the troublemaker's nonsense. he was booted not long after he said he'd pull this prank, because he was generally being a jerk to members. I'm not in the habit of telling lies. I have a lot of crud going on and I can't be bothered to be a troll. Besides, it's nasty and rude to do the stuff he's doing. If you don't want to believe me, that's up to you. But when I saw the stuff was still out there and still happening, I had to stand up and say what I saw myself. And now I have to run, or I'll be late.

• CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Sadly the "new life simulation" game that was circling around a while ago. They say they are planning to give information today but they deleted their twitter page LOL.

I am confused why someone put that much effort on twitter for a while then deletes it

Yeah that's not a good thing, they need a competitor.
    giphy_1.gif
    Ciarassims wrote: »

The Sims 4 does have a competitor, it is called The Sims 3! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

The Sims 4 does have a competitor, it is called The Sims 3! :smiley:

You know what I mean, another company needs to rival them with another good life simulator and maybe then they'll get their act together
    giphy_1.gif
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member

Just want to preface my comment with the fact that I think it's a hoax too. However there has been at least one indie developer recently that behaved in an inappropriate manner. I ask anyone to google Digital Homicide for evidence.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top