Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Punishment System Child/Teen

crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I want a punishment system where you can decide what or what not to punish them for and even setting your own curfew times. I feel like this could work like the club system from GT where you decide dos and don't and in this case what to punish or reward for. For example even though it makes no sense; You could set do homework for things not to do and watch TV for things to do. In this case the child/teen would be punished for doing their homework and rewarded for watching TV. Also let's say you set their curfew for 1 am and they're back later than that, then the parents/guardian would punish them. Idk though just an idea, because it feels really empty when you can't really have the strict or chill parents. They're all just the same to me. Tell me your guy's thoughts! :)
Edit: Setting do/don't and curfew for each individual child/teen would be awesome as well.

A perfect location for this would be in the setting panel when you go into build mode. It could be labeled as house rules and would have all of the members of your household listed. There you could set rules for certain age groups and certain sims. This way you have full customization of how your sim parent or runs the household. Optional of course. ;)
Post edited by crazycat_135 on

Comments

• HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I love this idea:)))
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I think a customizable parenting system would be awesome, plus it would be some new theme we haven't really explored in past iterations.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    If they do implement this type of system, teens should have an option to sneak out of the house if they got a curfew or something(:
  • kaw2006kaw2006 Posts: 72 New Member
    YES!!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no sorry op but i have to disagree i clearly do not went the curfew to return for sims kids and teen sims so i fully disagree with this idea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    no sorry op but i have to disagree i clearly do not went the curfew to return for sims kids and teen sims so i fully disagree with this idea

hey the OP says that it would be PLAYER controlled NOT like it was Sims 3.. So that you have DIFFERENT styles of parenting
    6adMCGP.gif
  • PaytePayte Posts: 20 Member
    Really liking thjs idea! The curfew system in Sims 3 always bothered me but this is really cool! Maybe in a Generations pack?
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Love the punishment idea. It would really help make parents different. You should also be able to punish your toddlers (I.e such as time out)

Punishment ideas could include
    • Time out (choose between short medium and long)
    • grounded (can't leave house) (choose between 1 2 and 3 days)
    • denied access to a preferred item (I.e. Computer) lasts until parents re allow access.
    • Scold/lecture (gives them a negative moodlet either angry or sad but on end that is gone, they get a temporary good behavior moodlet which gives them +1 happiness and stops them from smashing doll houses and being mean autonomously while the moodlet is on)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm so happy you guys like this idea. <3
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Yes this is a good idea! I do miss having some punishment for the teens. Now you interact with teens like there adults really and it kind irks me. I miss being able to encourage the kid to clean or do something, now I just make the teens clean up the house and just act like the parents are "disciplining" for bad homework etc... it would be really neat if we can get something like this, maybe even if you could set up the parents rules for their children in that household that would be something.
  • jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    It would be wonderful to finally get a family play pack after so long and I think your idea could absolutely work. Love it
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Would love to have a parenting system like this!

One thing I don't want is a return of the blanket curfew unless it's something we can disable.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I would love to be able to set bedtimes for Toddlers, Children and Teens
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Finally someone gets it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Love the punishment idea. It would really help make parents different. You should also be able to punish your toddlers (I.e such as time out)

Punishment ideas could include
    • Time out (choose between short medium and long)
    • grounded (can't leave house) (choose between 1 2 and 3 days)
    • denied access to a preferred item (I.e. Computer) lasts until parents re allow access.
    • Scold/lecture (gives them a negative moodlet either angry or sad but on end that is gone, they get a temporary good behavior moodlet which gives them +1 happiness and stops them from smashing doll houses and being mean autonomously while the moodlet is on)

I like this; personally, it would be neat to spank toddlers/kids as well. That way if they do something real bad it can be a last resort. Since sims fight and slap each other in the game, I don't see where this can't be done. I'm hoping it wouldn't create a huge minus in the relationshi[p though, but just an embarrassed or sad mood. Also as another simmer said, no curfews like in S3. My teen went out to look at a UFO and got detained for breaking curfew; I wasn't too happy about that. :)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Yes please!
    giphy_1.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Would love this. Kids and teens don't have any consequences for anything in this game.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @davina1221 The curfew would be completely optional and customizable for the teens/kids. :) So for the simmer who don't want curfew, they don't have to.
  • XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    I would love this. I definitely would play more often with the child and teen life stages if they implemented this.
  • SimsKnowHowSimsKnowHow Posts: 7 New Member
    I think they could add it in a Generations game pack. Because Generations feels more like a game pack than an expansion pack.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    as long as its optional. Personally I don't like the decrease in relationships when my sim parents tell the toddlers off. it takes days to get it up again. and they do that on their own. so it would have to optional like a lot trait. or a trait of the sims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I also want the small stool for kids when they're wash their hands.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I totally agree! Teenagers can just walk inside at 2am and the parents won't even care. If I did that as a teenager, I wouldn't be able to leave the house for days. The lack of family realism in this game is deeply saddening.
  • eksynneksynn Posts: 26 Member
    you mean i can't punish my kid for being a brat to the neighbour?
    well. +1 for this then!
  • harrysbirdharrysbird Posts: 17 Member
    Agreed, I love to have that idea
    So we can ground child, teenager for not going to school, not doing homework, and not doing chore while parent ask you to do.