Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What has been your least favorite expansion through all sims games?

BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
edited March 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I totally get why some people love pets or seasons, but personally i much prefer university or generations type gameplay.

i also would love to get a totally new expansion pack, that we have never had before. the sims games need some new life breathed into them .

Comments

• pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    The first and most important thing we need....I know this doesn't effect everyone......is packs added that don't cause clitches, slowing down, or total lagging.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Of the one's I've actually purchased I would say that Outdoor Retreat is my least favorite.
    There are more than a handful that just didn't appeal to me at all so I just never bought them
    Some of them were quite popular like Makin' Magic for TS1, Free time for TS2, and Supernaturals for TS3.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    I never was interested in pets, I never played it
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I know this is unpopular, but I never cared for Seasons. I'm a horrible builder, and often throw a toilet or bed outside on the lawn, because there's not enough room in the house. So if I installed seasons, I'd end up with naked freezing sims. Plus, I kind of hate weather. Summer is good enough for me.

Also, don't like pets.
    imhappy wrote: »
    I know this is unpopular, but I never cared for Seasons. I'm a horrible builder, and often throw a toilet or bed outside on the lawn, because there's not enough room in the house.

Also, don't like pets.
    lmao screenshots please. I never played seasons either
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Honestly all of the Sims 4 expansion packs.
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    Not to burst your bubble, but I do believe this thread would belong in the "The Sims General Discussion" category.

Aside from that, I absolutely despise Supernatural for TS3! The werewolves are horrendous. :bawling:
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • jlapaojlapao Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2017
    tiramisu6 wrote: »
    Not to burst your bubble, but I do believe this thread would belong in the "The Sims General Discussion" category.

Aside from that, I absolutely despise Supernatural for TS3! The werewolves are horrendous. :bawling:

That category is for the first Sims game, not for the series as a whole.
    and often throw a toilet or bed outside on the lawn, because there's not enough room in the house. So if I installed seasons,
    This reminds me of the original sims game, you could use ctrl,alt,shift to put objects out of bounds. I had to do that for my son who was like 2 or 3, he would never attend to their needs and when the little sim would try and take care of themselves he would interrupt the action. Then he would get mad cause they weren't listening. So to prevent them from dying I had to put all of the needs objects out of bounds lol
    celeste821 wrote: »
    and often throw a toilet or bed outside on the lawn, because there's not enough room in the house. So if I installed seasons,
    This reminds me of the original sims game, you could use ctrl,alt,shift to put objects out of bounds. I had to do that for my son who was like 2 or 3, he would never attend to their needs and when the little sim would try and take care of themselves he would interrupt the action. Then he would get mad cause they weren't listening. So to prevent them from dying I had to put all of the needs objects out of bounds lol

Maybe he knew exactly what he was doing and he was really mad at you. :p
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    Pre-Sims 4 I'm a huge Seasons fan. Can't wait to see what that might look like for Sims 4! So far for this round my #1 is Get Together but there are days I'd say a different pack. Lol. Least favorite. Do not post late at night after that many drinks. That would probably be Sims 3 Generations.
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Get To Work. I haven't utilized it in my games. I think I've used a retail store once unsuccessfully. The only career I've played is Doctor once. I need to give it a couple of more tries before totally giving up on it.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2017
    TS3 Generations. Between adults being obsessed with hopscotch and pillow fighting, children putting their ugliest outfit to play king all the time, buggy "free vacation" for parents, rabbithole prom where teens randomly start relationships with almost complete strangers, imaginary friends that are more creepy than cute and forced on almost all children, and not forgetting how the Sims 3 started getting laggy with that expansion, this is one of the very rare expansions that to me feel like they have more bad things than good things. It's the only EP that even made me tempted to uninstall it. I keep it almost only for a few objects and the daycare job.
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    jlapao wrote: »
    That category is for the first Sims game, not for the series as a whole.
    Thanks for the correction, man!
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Showtime.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    What game are we discussing in this thread: All of the games TS1 - TS4, TS1, or TS4? It was listed under TS4 General Discussion so I assumed it was TS4.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Pets, probably? Altho I played with the sims 3 version quite a bit, I'm in general not too crazy about pets mainly cause they're so needy.

In sims 3 specifically it was pets or late night. For sims 4 so far proooobably city living. Just not into the city living, but i do like the clothes.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Get to Work.

It only added three professions, and each one was as HORRIBLY designed as the last. They were incredibly confining, and limited the player to doing ONLY what was shown on the corner of the screen in order to succeed. There was little to no creative input involved, and it was nothing more than battling simulation lag to get things done.

Then, to entice us to buy the pack, they claimed retail features were to be put in the pack. Virtually everyone expected them to be as good as TS2, but they were nothing like that at all. In almost every regard, you could see they cut corners, or just did not creatively design the stores to the point where they should have.

It was just an utterly horrible pack, and certainly not what the weakest base game in The Sims needed.
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    edited March 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Pets, probably? Altho I played with the sims 3 version quite a bit, I'm in general not too crazy about pets mainly cause they're so needy.

In sims 3 specifically it was pets or late night. For sims 4 so far proooobably city living. Just not into the city living, but i do like the clothes.

Not to be rude but have you ever owned a pet, like ever? They're always needy that why they need A lot of care and loving I don't think it's too hard to do that behind a screen.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    The Pets expansions tbh. As much as I love animals IRL, I rarely have my sims own them after my initial playthrough of Pets is over. They're just not that interesting for me to play. My favorite was horses from TS3, which is funny to me considering I'm not a fan of RL horses.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2017
    I have to say that City Life has been the most useless pack I've ever bought. It feels constricting and limiting and frustrating. I can't believe they actually released it as-is.

Take into account I didn't play much with Sims 3 - I only tried late night basically - I really never had much of an invested interest in that game.

My favorites are from Sims2: 1. Ofb 2. Seasons 3. Nightlife.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    I'm so disappointed by how poorly the retail store part of GTW functions, that it's kept me from purchasing ones like the Dining Out one. Putting out glitchy product should make consumers think twice, and I have.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2017
    tiramisu6 wrote: »

I agree.
    I only found a small part of Sims 3: Supernatural useful ... and that were mostly Bonehilda as well as the new plants (especially Chilly) and recipes, so it was the least ussed Sims 3 EP for me
    The thing about Pets for me is that they totally threw the gameplay balance of kilter in TS2.
    I liked the expansion but having Pets meant that the Social Bar was always full.
    It made the game too easy...I passed on Pets for TS3.