Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the "Wow" factor!

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited March 2017
    @aricarai
    The thing about not feeding the beast is to have it starve. But if others are feeding it, it won't, so you might as well take a more direct approach.

Everybody is boarding on the hype train because there's supposedly something awesome at the end, and I think SimGuruGraham's tweet is telling us to take a peek ourselves at the next station and see what's there. And like you said, it got people curious and asking what it was about, so it made them aware, now they want to see what is at the next station, they will see what this ProjectVie is about later today (or early tomorrow?). They will be able to get off the hype train depending on what's in there, instead of going on with the rumors for months and months.

It may be squashing the beast before the other people feed it too much.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @aricarai
    The thing about not feeding the beast is to have it starve. But if others are feeding it, it won't, so you might as well take a more direct approach.

Everybody is boarding on the hype train because there's supposedly something awesome at the end, and I think SimGuruGraham's tweet is telling us to take a peek ourselves at the next station and see what's there. And like you said, it got people curious and asking what it was about, so it made them aware, now they want to see what is at the next station, they will see what this ProjectVie is about later today (or early tomorrow?). They will be able to get off the hype train depending on what's in there, instead of going on with the rumors for months and months.

Agreed with what I bolded, but it wasn't a direct approach. Graham, himself, insinuated he was being sarcastic; while Drake called it "playful." It was a dig, simple as.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    @aricarai

Agreed with what I bolded, but it wasn't a direct approach. Graham, himself, insinuated he was being sarcastic; while Drake called it "playful." It was a dig, simple as.

What else could have they done in your opinion ? An official blog "Stay tuned for our potentially fake competitor announcement" is out of the question. I guess they could have been more curious than sarcastic if the whole thing wasn't that fishy in the first place. But it's extremely fishy. There's absolutely no tangible or concrete info, no official website, communication accounts that get banned or changed hours before an announcement, vague statements and taunts against The Sims. And that's not even taking MB's statement into account. The whole thing screams fishy. It's either an hoax, or something really amateurish.
  • Options
    @aricarai

What else could have they done in your opinion ? An official blog "Stay tuned for our potentially fake competitor announcement" is out of the question. I guess they could have been more curious than sarcastic if the whole thing wasn't that fishy in the first place. But it's extremely fishy. There's absolutely no tangible or concrete info, no official website, communication accounts that get banned or changed hours before an announcement, vague statements and taunts against The Sims. And that's not even taking MB's statement into account. The whole thing screams fishy. It's either an hoax, or something really amateurish.

@Neia - What could Graham have done? How about not said anything? There's a good starting point.

I'll agree that some of their statements have been amateurish; I'm not disputing that this could be a hoax;. What I'm saying is why did he stoop to that level of bringing it up and the way in which he did it? I honestly don't get the point in Graham's tweet other than seeing it as a dig.

You say a direct approach is good; yep, I agree. However, he didn't take a direct approach. He posted a leading attention seeking tweet. It's like people that tag themselves at hospitals on Facebook, but don't say what's wrong so that loads of people ask: "What happened?" "Are you ok?"

Whether or not it's a hoax, if 🐸🐸🐸🐸/ProjectVie or whatever they're called are attention seekers; they're certainly getting it. I'd all but forgotten about them until I saw Graham's tweet.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @aricarai

@Neia - What could Graham have done? How about not said anything? There's a good starting point.

I'll agree that some of their statements have been amateurish; I'm not disputing that this could be a hoax;. What I'm saying is why did he stoop to that level of bringing it up and the way in which he did it? I honestly don't get the point in Graham's tweet other than seeing it as a dig.

You say a direct approach is good; yep, I agree. However, he didn't take a direct approach. He posted a leading attention seeking tweet. It's like people that tag themselves at hospitals on Facebook, but don't say what's wrong so that loads of people ask: "What happened?" "Are you ok?"

Whether or not it's a hoax, if 🐸🐸🐸🐸/ProjectVie or whatever they're called are attention seekers; they're certainly getting it. I'd all but forgotten about them until I saw Graham's tweet.

My question was what direct approach could have they used. Not saying anything isn't really a direct approach. Perhaps you forgot about it, but not everybody did, there were still talks and tweets about it before Graham's. Rumors were still going around, it was mentionned here and there in the forums, on reddit. Look at Leona Lewis' tweet reaction, people thought it may be related with Vie, while Graham hadn't tweeted about it at that point.

You seem to think that had Graham not tweeted anything, the Vie thing would have gone completely under the radar, and that he has basically wake up the beast. But that's not the case, it was being talked about before.
  • Options
    @aricarai

My question was what direct approach could have they used. Not saying anything isn't really a direct approach. Perhaps you forgot about it, but not everybody did, there were still talks and tweets about it before Graham's. Rumors were still going around, it was mentionned here and there in the forums, on reddit. Look at Leona Lewis' tweet reaction, people thought it may be related with Vie, while Graham hadn't tweeted about it at that point.

You seem to think that had Graham not tweeted anything, the Vie thing would have gone completely under the radar, and that he has basically wake up the beast. But that's not the case, it was being talked about before.

@Neia - Ah, I see what you're saying about direct approach.

I was getting at that there shouldn't have been a tweet about it in the first place. What I was getting at is: what was the point of his sarcastic tweet other than attention?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @aricarai

None of that matters. Graham is held to a certain high as a professional, basically saying he's waiting to be wow'd when he's very obviously being scarcastic is not professional in any sense. If this really is competition, he shouldn't even being thinking about the opposing game. Let alone tweeting about it.

I really hope it's real. Please. Just to spite EA.

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    @aricarai

None of that matters. Graham is held to a certain high as a professional, basically saying he's waiting to be wow'd when he's very obviously being scarcastic is not professional in any sense. If this really is competition, he shouldn't even being thinking about the opposing game. Let alone tweeting about it.

--T

THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to get at! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    @aricarai

--T

THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to get at! :mrgreen:

And I agree! Honestly, I'm tired of EA and their legalities, technicalities, excuses, poor content, lack of communication and just pure smugness about this whole game now. I just want a good game. I don't want them to bend over backwards, work 7 day weeks but yet I don't really care for their favourite ice cream flavours either. I just want a good game. If somebody else is going to step up and offer that then so be it. EA/MAXIS might think they're high and mighty but they're not. Not to me. I'll jump ship in a heartbeat.

--T
  • Options
    @aricarai
    I think attention might have been the point actually. Attention to what this Vie is about, what is behind the rumor and how fishy it looks.

@To7m
    Why not tweet about it if it's real ? SimGurus had already tweeted/commented they were happy to see competition, when it was a legit competitor, not something fishy.
  • Options
    @Neia - why though? I don't get the point really. As @To7m said, if it's competition, why call attention to it? Why should they care about what Vie is all about? At the moment, Vie is speculation and rumor; why waste the time thinking about it?
  • Options
    @aricarai
    Because it's gaining momemtum, because they are gamers or passionate about life simulations, or they want to stay up to date about the subject or they see all the people talking about it ? Dozens of reasons really, they also commented on other life simulation rumors, they regularly comment about other game genres too. What differs with Vie is that it sounds so amateur/hoax like, and they have directly boasted on Sims community boards, so I'm not surprised the devs are a bit more suspicious this time around. When the rumor was about a life simulation from a credible developper, they were more excited/curious.
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    so, i've been googling like mad, as this VIE thing has me really intrigued , and this is what ive come up with so have a look and let me know what you think.Looks real to me https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQAda-aNetvlhDammOGj5qQ
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I clicked on the twitter page and it says this page does not exist... I'm kinda gutted if that's just it
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    They changed their Twitter username: https://🐸🐸🐸🐸
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    @Fonxi121994 thank you!
  • Options
    Well, apparently the son community on twitter have receive press material from Vie themselves.

This is getting interesting. I'm on mobile so have no link via the app, their twitter name is @TheSimCommunity.

--T
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    I guess we'll know for sure in 4 hours ... can't wait to see how its progressed ,the link i posted above.. the info is from 2011 so if they have been working on it this long, it should be good
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    I guess we'll know for sure in 4 hours ... can't wait to see how its progressed ,the link i posted above.. the info is from 2011 so if they have been working on it this long, it should be good

If it's the same people, they aren't using their older accounts for some reason. Also, that game actually launched. It was an online social virtual world and it shut down in January 2012: https://twitter.com/viethegame?lang=en The domain is for sale; if it were the same people, you'd think they'd have bought the domain again to protect it if not to use it. The domain for 🐸🐸🐸🐸[dot]com is also available. The domain for Projectvie[dot]com goes to a Tumblr page, which is free. Colour me skeptical. If you're putting money into all-out development, why not put it into securing domains? That says to me either "not real" or "not professional on the business side of things", and the latter always makes me question the product - if you're not showing professionalism in one area, should I trust you in others?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    This is getting exciting, the anticipation is killing me! I really hope this isn't a hoax
  • Options
    @aricarai
    Because it's gaining momemtum, because they are gamers or passionate about life simulations, or they want to stay up to date about the subject or they see all the people talking about it ? Dozens of reasons really, they also commented on other life simulation rumors, they regularly comment about other game genres too. What differs with Vie is that it sounds so amateur/hoax like, and they have directly boasted on Sims community boards, so I'm not surprised the devs are a bit more suspicious this time around. When the rumor was about a life simulation from a credible developper, they were more excited/curious.

Okay, then if that's the case and that's what you think, it comes back to what @To7m said about professionalism. I still don't see the point in his tweet. If you're excited/curious about a credible developer, snark, sarcasm, or sinking low isn't the way to show it.
  • Options
    @aricarai

Okay, then if that's the case and that's what you think, it comes back to what @To7m said about professionalism. I still don't see the point in his tweet. If you're excited/curious about a credible developer, snark, sarcasm, or sinking low isn't the way to show it.

But Vie isn't made by a credible developper :/
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    So?? Is it a hoax or not??
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Depends (so far) on what you think of a text release that quotes Rick Astley.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Depends (so far) on what you think of a text release that quotes Rick Astley.

So they're never gonna let us down?? :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.