Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're leaving it to the last minute..

2...Next

Comments

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Honestly, I'm not even that "edge of my seat" on this pack, mostly because I still have so much left to do with the other packs- lol. We received three pretty good to great packs in a row. I haven't even touched the Keyboard from CL yet or maxed out my Vampire. I'm still going to buy the Bowling Pack- I know famous last words, but the SPs have been by and large really well done in my opinion so not too much of a risk. I guess I could take my Vampire bowling...

I'm so happy to hear that your not on the edge of your seat as last time you fell off wishing upon a star when really it was just a ceiling fan.....#StaySafeSimmer lol
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Has America already summer time? Here in Germany I wouldn't expect an announcement yet.

We are just about to enter Spring here in the US. The "official" calendar date for Spring is March 20th this year. I think the Quarterly Teaser is in April, but Bowling Stuff is coming out in March.

By summer time I presume he means the clocks going forward. We call it 'British Summer Time' in the UK. They go forward at the end of this month.
    Exactly this. I was surprised that everyone was complaining about no announcement at 6 pm Central European Time while announcements are never made before 7 pm.
    I haven't noticed this. But if you are right then announcements are usually done at 10 am Californian time (because we are 9 hours ahead of California where EA's headquarter is).
    That's how it is. I wish they would finally stop this summertime madness, it doesn't save one cent.

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Has America already summer time? Here in Germany I wouldn't expect an announcement yet.

We are just about to enter Spring here in the US. The "official" calendar date for Spring is March 20th this year. I think the Quarterly Teaser is in April, but Bowling Stuff is coming out in March.

By summer time I presume he means the clocks going forward. We call it 'British Summer Time' in the UK. They go forward at the end of this month.
    Exactly this. I was surprised that everyone was complaining about no announcement at 6 pm Central European Time while announcements are never made before 7 pm.
    I haven't noticed this. But if you are right then announcements are usually done at 10 am Californian time (because we are 9 hours ahead of California where EA's headquarter is).
    That's how it is. I wish they would finally stop this summertime madness, it doesn't save one cent.
    Yes it does because in the summer months the sun is up before people wake up in the mornings and it goes down before people go to sleep. So by forcing people to go to bed an hour earlier they need electric light just one hour less per day. But I agree that this saves so very little compared to the total use of electricity that the effect on our bills and on the total use of resources in our countries is so tiny that all the trouble about changing the settings of all our watches isn't really worth it :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I don't really get why you guys keep going on about when its winter and spring. The quarter teaser were released in January and according to the SimsGuru (not a calendar) a quarter teaser counts for 3 months. In that time the content that's in the teaser must be released. Doesn't matter of one of the month suddenly changes to spring, summer, autumn, or winter. 3 months from the teaser is released.

The teaser said the vampires would come in winter, bowling in spring (which starts during the quarter).
    oooh that one i missed. That would explain it better. Tho i just keep to the 3 month xD
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don't really get why you guys keep going on about when its winter and spring. The quarter teaser were released in January and according to the SimsGuru (not a calendar) a quarter teaser counts for 3 months. In that time the content that's in the teaser must be released. Doesn't matter of one of the month suddenly changes to spring, summer, autumn, or winter. 3 months from the teaser is released.

Um yeah it does...
    um how?

Actually the teaser came early in Late Dec because of the holidays.
    Didn't know 6th of January was counted as late December. My bad o.O

(Teaser trailer was released on twitter the 6th of jan)

Edit: i am not being sarcastic or anything i actually didn't know. Thought late was around 27th+
    No it was released in Late December.
    Is this not the offical twitter? It says 6th of January.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thesims/status/817430645664260096?lang=en

That's right. The teaser appeared on the 6th of January, not in December. I think Cat is confusing the teaser with the animations/code etc. that was found in December.

Basically, we knew in December that vampires were coming even though there was no official announcement (yet.)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017

No, technically (America) we are still in winter. Spring starts March 22 thru end of June. Then summer thru Oct.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

No, technically (America) we are still in winter. Spring starts March 22 thru end of June. Then summer thru Oct.

So on March 22 let me just "Spring" EA a slinky to encourage an early announcement
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It's a warm winter here at 82 degrees F. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    Cinebar wrote: »

So on March 22 let me just "Spring" EA a slinky to encourage an early announcement

lol, well they did say 'this spring' for bowling, right? So they aren't behind at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Honestly at this point for The Sims 4 is basically it's here when it gets here. Why wait when The Sims team will stretch it as far as they possibly can. True this is useful because at least they are actually taking there time but still it becomes nerve wrecking when they don't say a word for weeks and weeks and weeks at a time. We don't know anything except there's a bowling theme. As far as we know we won't get an actual bowling lot just a ball ten pins with a message at the top right of the screen in a blue box telling you to "DO IT OUTSIDE!" and the message was so angry my goodness!

I would say with 99% certainty were going to get a bowling lot type and venues. I 'll be surprised if we don't.

How can you be so certain? We have never had a venue with a stuff pack. I would be surprised if we got one let alone any more than that.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I think it would seem weird without a bowling venue. Why give us bowling, and not the option to have the lot type? Unless they just expect us to use a generic lot?
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @Aeriexo11 well, i'm still waiting for a cinema venue so ...
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Aeriexo11 well, i'm still waiting for a cinema venue so ...

Movie Hangout was a Home Movie pack.
    If it was a Cinema pack without a Cinema lot type, then that would be different.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Guys, I already know when the bowling stuff pack is going to be released and that is the last week of march as its part of the Easter egg hunt will now be back, do you think the pins would give us Easter eggs, well just a thought anyways. The fact that we are getting a bowling stuff pack maybe it means that something is coming for us outdoors later on like seasons.

However, I am going to randomly pick a day the bowling SP will come and if I am right I won't know what to say, Friday the 24th of March and no I did not cheat, at 12:00pm PDT
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    It can come with a venue simply because the previous pack came with an NPC. A new lot type is nothing in comparison.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It can come with a venue simply because the previous pack came with an NPC. A new lot type is nothing in comparison.

The butler NPC blends together existing NPC functions (caterer, maid, nanny, & maybe repairmen and gardeners. I don't have the SP but from what I have seen it's more or less an all in one NPC). The bulk of it was already there. So far venues have been limited to game packs that provide more content, it would be extremely underwhelming to get a new venue type consisting of one new gameplay object.

For that reason alone, I don't think this pack will ship with a new lot type.
    There's a huge difference between a venue and an npc. I hope there is a venue as it makes sense but it's a stuff pack, historically we have never had venues with stuff packs. Stuff packs are smaller and we don't pay a lot for them. I'm just not getting my hopes up or making assumptions we are definitely getting them.
    There's a huge difference between a venue and an npc. I hope there is a venue as it makes sense but it's a stuff pack, historically we have never had venues with stuff packs. Stuff packs are smaller and we don't pay a lot for them. I'm just not getting my hopes up or making assumptions we are definitely getting them.

Correct, it won't be like Spa Day's spas. However, it is quite possible they throw the stuff pack stuff into a styled room inside the stuff pack and this will help people jump in and build their own bowling alleys. I would be surprised if this doesn't come with a styled room just because it is bowling and not like the water slip n slide.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    So yeah, now we already know it comes with the "bowling hangout" lot type.

It didn't specifically state that it came with a new venue type. All I will say is the hangout pitch is incredibly similar to the one made for the club hangouts in Get Together.

It didn't specifically state that it came with a new venue type. All I will say is the hangout pitch is incredibly similar to the one made for the club hangouts in Get Together.

Exactly. We actually know very little about this pack. There is a heck of a lot of assumptions though.
    When the vampire GP came out, people were quick to jump on the grave yard band wagon. Lo and behold we didn't get grave yards. We did get a small world though.

Exactly. We actually know very little about this pack. There is a heck of a lot of assumptions though.
    When the vampire GP came out, people were quick to jump on the grave yard band wagon. Lo and behold we didn't get grave yards. We did get a small world though.

If this pack were coming with a new venue type I feel like the marketing would reflect that. A bowling hangout makes me think of a bowling area inside another venue, similar to how GT club hangouts are just a personalized room/area you make for your club.

Could be wrong, but I didn't get the impression from the teaser that anything more than bowling + themed items + CAS stuff would be added.

• ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    So no announcement today. They're really leaving it until the last minute. They need to have a week for promotion before release, so since it's going to be released in March, that leaves next week to be the last week that it can be announced before it gets pushed to April.

Boo.

Pre Announcement Tease is coming Monday with Announcement and Trailer Tuesday.

@catloverplayer Really? How do you Know? I didn't see any news on that?
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The Bowling Alley does not have its own lot type however, it will act more like a Bowling Alley in lot types of Bars, Lounges, and Night Clubs.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."