Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"A Vampire Is Breaking In" is making me crazy, and my sims.

Comments

• Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I've never had a vampire visit my house unannounced and I really really want it to happen. Is there a way to make the chances of them "breaking in" higher?
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wish that EA would actually give us tool for controlling these things, like vampire break ins, autonomous woohoo and alien abductions, instead of just getting rid of them altogether. Otherwise, when people complain, they just get rid of the action entirely :'(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's an odd bug because the break-in isn't on a loaded lot. I think the game is triggering break-in to start on the active Sim and not always cross-checking where that Sim is. But some step is then trying to - the vampire doesn't break into the bar my Sim is hanging at - so the game hangs up. The fun part is the time it happened to me, the household being broken into was all vampires.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    This happened in my game as well. It's super annoying having vampires in the game now. They will attack or they will just show up. I just use the show hidden objects cheat and add the garlic wreaths around my doors to keep them from coming in.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I was deleting the game generated vampires in Manage Households, now with MCC I can humanize them and it takes away the vampire powers; I'd already deleted Vlad and the Vatores. (This is in my save with my Simself and her family; I've already got a separate save where I'm playing a vampire.) It's located on the mailbox under MC Cheats for those who use the MC Command Center mod.

Is there a way shut them off completely? It's getting tiring have to click delete all vampires every night.

• Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I think the 'Vampire breaking in' while on community lots is a bug (which is why the Guru's are asking for save files) and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch. In the meantime, I have been testing it out. So far, this is the way it works in my game:

It initially happens once in each world at night ( including the home world, whether at the Sims home or a community lot) but if the initial 'break in' attempt is 'foiled' the first time, it doesn't happen again in that world.

It is actually easier to 'foil' the attempt at a community lot (especially in your home world) than in the actual home lot, as the original 'break in' attempt on the community lot has no consequences to it. On the home lot, an original 'break in' attempt may not be successful (as when someone in the household is awake), but doesn't count to 'foil' the action in that world, so it can happen again.

I have found that the first time at night in a community lot in each world, it is easiest to interact with the vampire there. I will note here that if it happens in a community lot, a vampire is actually there, somewhere, not at your home lot. The game focuses only where you are at. Finding them can be difficult as they could be in the surrounding areas. I believe the vampires have different and more vampire interactions than normal Sims, so that may be the only way you can tell someone is a vampire.

As far as interactions go, you must use something that interacts with both you and the vampire. Normal chatting won't work.

With my vampire Sim (yes, vampires also get stuck with a 'break in' on community lots) asking to spar with them works. It will free up after they are done. Only once did it not work, as the vampire became angry before they could actually spar, so he wouldn't do it.

Asking to 'cloud gaze' also works for any Sim, including kids. When the action finishes, you are free to go.

You can wait until dawn, when they usually leave, however that doesn't always work if the vampire is inside somewhere (like at a karaoke bar, drinking, after a festival).

My toddler actually asked Vlad to 'share the love' and that worked for the entire family after he hugged her.

Anyway, I expect a patch to come shortly (this month) so much of it may be changed, which is why I haven't pursued it too much. I really do want to try Granite Falls to see if it happens there, but since I don't play too often, I may not get a chance to do so before the patch and if things change.

I still don't know if it happens only once in each world per save game, or if it happens with each different family you play in the save. That would really be over-the-top which is why I'm waiting for a patch before I try that.

Although I had fun playing with this, I'd have to say 'not always'. There was a time I really needed to go to bed but couldn't because the 'break in' wouldn't allow me to save and shut down the game. Not good, which is why I think it has to (and will) be fixed.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Thanks for all the responses!

Don't get me wrong, I love vampires. I started playing the CAS sims who have been turned and I love my vamps, I wouldn't even mind the occasional break-in but the game does not treat this feature this way. Somewhere along the line I think it glitched into break-ins that don't even make sense. I had a vampire break-in on an open lot, (the park in the Spice District) where my sim was spraying graffiti and there was literally no one else around??? Then another time or two, the vampires were skulking around and there was not a word about "break-in."

The way I'm treating the situation now is, whenever my sim goes to a venue, as soon as she gets there I save, so if she was not able to go home, I can quit without saving...hopefully nothing significant happens to my sim beforehand.

Thank you Rose for the response. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Wow, I've never had this happen in my game, but I kinda wish it did. It's like the burglaries in the old games. In fact, many of you have complained about the lack of robbers and burglaries, so why are you complaining about this? Any added spontaneity in my game is a plus :) And can't you just use garlic to avoid this?

My thoughts exactly. I love waiting to see if a vampire breaks in; they can't do a thing because I have garlic around the home. But if vampire break-ins are plum you off, delete the vampires. Simple!
    You can't really delete the vampires. The game will just generate new ones to replace the deleted ones.

None of the vampires added by the game have ever attempted a break-in; only the vampires I have added have. Even the sims I've turned into vampires haven't.

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    My sister just had a vampire break-in her sim's house, (creepy walk and all) mesmerized her sim and drank from her...needless my sister is not a happy camper. She did not know that could happen and I said, "Yup, just read about it." :D (My sister lives with me.) =]
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    The two sims that kept receiving nightly visits from the undead, I've moved them into a cottage in Windenburg and the visits have stopped...so far.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I can't get any vampires to bite my sims ever :'(
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

I've had this happen to me once; only one of my sims was outside of her apartment, going out on the town and all, while my other character was at home alone. I was about to take my female character home when a notice popped up saying, "This action is not available, a vampire is breaking in", or something similar to that, but that made me panic at first; I didn't know what else to do but I had to wait a good solid three minutes before I was able to get back home. I took a quick check up on my other character and luckily he turned out fine, no bite marks or anything, so that was a relief.
    I'll have to remember locking my doors the next time I go out.
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    I've never had a vampire visit my house unannounced and I really really want it to happen. Is there a way to make the chances of them "breaking in" higher?
    To get it to happen with NPC vampires and Maxis made vampires. Build an apartment or several houses on the lot. Put your sim in one and don't add any more sims to the lot. (the apartment won't work like city living apartments. You can add bait sims in the other apartments for the vampires to bite if you don't want your sim bitten.)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Wow, I've never had this happen in my game, but I kinda wish it did. It's like the burglaries in the old games. In fact, many of you have complained about the lack of robbers and burglaries, so why are you complaining about this? Any added spontaneity in my game is a plus :) And can't you just use garlic to avoid this?

My thoughts exactly. I love waiting to see if a vampire breaks in; they can't do a thing because I have garlic around the home. But if vampire break-ins are plum you off, delete the vampires. Simple!
    You can't really delete the vampires. The game will just generate new ones to replace the deleted ones.

None of the vampires added by the game have ever attempted a break-in; only the vampires I have added have. Even the sims I've turned into vampires haven't.

Those game added 'townie' vampires are the ones that have been breaking in with aggravating regularity in my game.

• Options
    SylvanGlad3SylvanGlad3 Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't get any vampires to bite my sims ever :'(

Same here. I get the "A vampire is breaking in" notification and I check the door and the vampire just stands there. Really awkwardly. I tried inviting them in once but they just went on the computer then later politely said "I should get going now". Another time though I saw Lilith Vatore doing the creepy walk towards my door but then she just stopped and turned around and rode the elevator back down (this was in an apartment). It's really frustrating because I love spontaneous events in the game like that but I've never once seen them work correctly.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2017
    @SylvanGlad3 Were your sims awake ? I've noticed that vampire who breaks in always leaves/ do nothing if sims are awake.
    Edit: typo
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I had one break in at 6AM... I think it was. I know there was sunlight coming through the window so it was morning already. I thought that was a little odd. I immediately deleted the vamp though once time stopped and I noticed what was happening. The reason it came so late was probably because my sim had been up painting and didn't get to bed until around 1AM.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Well I never did have a vampire break into my home of the human sim I've played so I had to use cheats to make a my Sim into a vampire.

I guess that makes everyone game different some have vampire break easy some don't get them.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Couple of links for you...

MCCC 3.3.0 comes with a few tools for Vampires. In Population, there are two settings regarding Vampires (Disable Immortal Sims and Enforce Vampire Homes) near the bottom of this page:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpopulation

The Occult module is MORE for aliens, but there are some Vampire settings in there now, too.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcoccult

There you can set up whether you want alien or vampire babies BORN, and various ratios for each possible combination.

There isn't a way to stop the game from creating vampires, unless you reinstall your game and leave out the vampire pack. But MCCC does offer several ways to manage them better.

I'd recommend NOT deleting them nightly. Let the ones the game makes stay there. You can flag them Homeless (several other flag options, too), if you want them to stay in the bin. In Population, try setting your Maximum Homeless number to something like 10 or more. That's how many people in your bin the mod won't move in during the weekly move-in alarm.

If you delete them, it's a neverending treadmill. If you leave them, the game shouldn't make so many new ones. Just a suggestion.

For local MCCC questions/comments, please come here to post:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

If you'd like to check us out in Real Time on Discord (web or app), that's here: https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Hope somebody finds this useful. :)
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    If you want to stop the invasions, simply delete Vlad. It's a bit mean but he's the trigger for them.

The invasions prevented my sim from aging up on two occasions and I got so fed up that I deleted him. After that, no more invasions! :)
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Maybe someone should make a UV light you can put up as a mod to ward of vampires, a lot of vampire movies use UV lights to cause sun burns to vampires. Don't see why something like that might not be possible as a mod too, since it seems most the generic vampire don't have a lot of sun light resistance, so imagine it would force vampire to either leave or be burned to a crisp.
  • Options
    Ok, I had the strangest break-in today.

The only sim that I've turned into a vampire put my sim into a trance from through a wall then entered the house to feed, except the bedroom door is set to "locked for all except household members" so the vampire couldn't get in.

So the vampire decided to do a little trimming on the bonsai tree before leaving!
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    Some people are just never happy.

This has nothing to do with not being happy with vampires. This is about going to a community lot and not being able to leave it because "a vampire is breaking in" I think some people are getting confused and thinking we are only talking about it happening at home.

No. Its happening at community lots and you can't leave. I have had it happen quite a few times, and as mentioned above, it appears to be a bug. And who would be happy about a bug? As for the vampire stuff that is supposed to be in the game, I am positive we are all quite happy with it, as they are the best vampires the game has seen.

My last occurrence, my sim had gotten promoted and her coworkers invited her out for drinks. I had her go so she could get to know them, and once the event was over, she couldn't leave due to a vampire breaking in on the lot. She had work the next day and works in the scientist career where I follow her to work, so I did not want her to not have her needs met before going. Sorry if I am not happy about that.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »

Study vampire lore on the pc, then buy the book and at least read up to where you learn about garlic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sometimes I think it's just luck. I had a sim who read up on vampires and read the books and even dated Caleb and nothing. I had a sim a few weeks ago take nothing to do with vamps and a vamp broke in and fed on her. It was the first time this happened ever for me.