Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 on the Mac

Will they ever fix Sims 3 for Mac users? I miss playing Sims 3. I have the games on my Mac but I'm not able to play them and Im upset about it. So I'm hoping that they will solve this issue that me and other people are having, so that mac users are able to play Sims 3. Please!!!

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor help. Thanks
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    @nessatay1920 - If you provide a description of your Mac, from About This Mac under the Apple Menu, and describe the problems you are having (unable to start the game for example, and what happens when you try), the Mac experts here might be able to assist.

But yes, even when it's working as best it can, with my apologies to those who do get enjoyment out of this version of the game, I'm afraid that TS3 for Mac is a mess. Nice though it would be for things to get fixed, our sense is that there is no one at EA working on TS3 at all except to keep the store and Exchange running. There hasn't been a patch in over three years and the likelihood of EA re-engineering the game to redo the Cider implementation that restricts the game, even when it's working right, to 2 GB of RAM usage is pretty much none by now. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net