Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leona Lewis to be featured in an upcoming pack soon

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Yeah I wonder what new game she was talking about! :p I mean we ARE inside the community and barely know what's gonna be released. Anyways.. I imagined her new song "Fire under my feet" in a trailer for Burglars/Firemen. Hahah I don't know why I got hyped for these to be added again to TS4! Listen to it and tell me it doesn't fit in a burglars and firemen trailer.

I actually thought that was a perfect song for the pets trailer! If I close my eyes and listen to it I can totally see pets running around and having fun, the horses and farmlands in the new world... And it has a vibe of "you waited long for this, and it's finally here!". Check for yourselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCZL801OfQ

That song sounds like something The Sims 4 would include.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    When I saw what was in Sweet Treats, I was like, "I would never buy this. I mean, where would I put it? It's too garish even for kid's bedroom stuff!"

On the plus side, at least Leona's got some nice haircuts and clothes.

I found the Sweet Treats pack made cute Christmas décor for parks and the toy shop. Wouldn't use that stuff for anything else.

It also worked for amusement parks with the TS3 Store.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    When I saw what was in Sweet Treats, I was like, "I would never buy this. I mean, where would I put it? It's too garish even for kid's bedroom stuff!"

I found the Sweet Treats pack made cute Christmas décor for parks and the toy shop. Wouldn't use that stuff for anything else.

It also worked for amusement parks with the TS3 Store.

I've used the items for an ice cream shop and a candy-themed salon. The pack is more flexible than people realize. Sweet Treats content fits beautifully in Rflong7's Cake Island World: http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com/2013/01/cake-island-updated-expansions-used_16.html
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Or maybe she just plays Sims and reads enough Sims news to know there's a pack coming out? I'm finding it hard to to read that as "I'm in this pack" rather than "I have normal-people hobbies".

Pretty much this. I get the impression she wants to *play* the game, not be *in it*!

Either way, I figured EA had learned from the whole KT Perry fiasco, obviously not. This will be another idiotic celeb pack I'll be burning with fire for fun!

--T
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    The fact that she said "a new sims game," as opposed to something like "a new sims pack," makes me think it's a celebrity hint that she was involved in a pack. PR statement, free advertising, whatever you want to call it. Cause I would think a fan would be familiar with fan terminology and call it a pack.

Unless she is a fan who has been following the rumors about Vie, which is supposedly giving more information March 15th. It's possible she is referencing that. I'm pretty sure it was debunked as a fake, but she probably wouldn't be following closely enough to know all the details.

The Sims twitter follows her, se's totally working with EA.
    In that case, you're probably right.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    To7m wrote: »
    Or maybe she just plays Sims and reads enough Sims news to know there's a pack coming out? I'm finding it hard to to read that as "I'm in this pack" rather than "I have normal-people hobbies".

Pretty much this. I get the impression she wants to *play* the game, not be *in it*!

Either way, I figured EA had learned from the whole KT Perry fiasco, obviously not. This will be another plum celeb pack I'll be burning with fire for fun!

--T
    Vampires Pack had a ZZ Ward song and that was its only reference to celebrity. It's possible (if not probable, considering Bowling is the only thing we know to be coming "soon") that it's the same situation with Leona Lewis; that they called her in to do one or two songs for the Bowling pack. I doubt we're getting a celeb-themed pack.
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2017
    Has no one noticed that she seems to be tweeting about that Project Vie... they've retweeted and replied to that tweet. Which would explain her wording
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    dancenow13 wrote: »
    Has no one noticed that she seems to be tweeting about that Project Vie... they've retweeted and replied to that tweet. Which would explain her wording

Has she replied to or faved or followed them? or acknowledged them in any other way? @NeonHighways says above that the official Sims account follows her. (Which makes me think the she-recorded-for-a-pack theory is probably right.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Shame on me, I have never heard of Ms. Lewis.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    dancenow13 wrote: »

Has she replied to or faved or followed them? or acknowledged them in any other way? @NeonHighways says above that the official Sims account follows her. (Which makes me think the she-recorded-for-a-pack theory is probably right.)

Project Vie is only using her tweet for self promotion, they also follow and retweet about The Sims. And she clearly said simS, if she knew about Vie she wouldn't use the brand name. Also Vie is nowhere near coming out apparently, so no need to "get antisocial".
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

I never knew she existed too, but that song is so good! My current fave :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Better In Time and Bleeding Love are good songs and her cover of Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This is good too.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    have mercy i swear i saw Peter Manfredo Jr. in that video. glory be to the gods....

oh, on topic. song doesnt fit the bowling stuff pack so hopefully its for an upcoming game or expansion pack
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited March 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

Better In Time and Bleeding Love are good songs and her cover of Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This is good too.

The title "Bleeding Love" always made me laugh as I am old enough to remember the saying "bleedin' obvious"

"##In "Basil the Rat", an episode of BBC TV sitcom Fawlty Towers, Sybil the wife points out that keeping a rat within the hotel is inadvisable, due to health concerns. Basil Faulty responds, "Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay. Special subject - the bleedin' obvious."

It's a good song though! :D
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Is it 2007 again?
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Oh boy! A celebrity tie-in where the Sims and a pop singer begin to promote each other?? What could go wrong?!?
    tumblr_o7p2xfmqSC1qd4rf5o1_500.gif

Hahahahahahahaha
    p6tqefj
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Oh boy! A celebrity tie-in where the Sims and a pop singer begin to promote each other?? What could go wrong?!?

The Katy-Perry Stuff Pack back in TS3 days was a mega fail! I don't normally like games that is influenced with celebs. I didn't buy the katy-perry SP because it was rubbish!

Either way, I figured EA had learned from the whole KT Perry fiasco, obviously not. This will be another plum celeb pack I'll be burning with fire for fun!

--T
    Vampires Pack had a ZZ Ward song and that was its only reference to celebrity. It's possible (if not probable, considering Bowling is the only thing we know to be coming "soon") that it's the same situation with Leona Lewis; that they called her in to do one or two songs for the Bowling pack. I doubt we're getting a celeb-themed pack.

I hope! I honestly don't mind real life songs in simlish, it's just when they try to shove an entire celebrity down our throats is when I get annoyed. If it's just a song then I'm good. If it's live like Leona Lewis then FIRE!!!

--T
    I hope! I honestly don't mind real life songs in simlish, it's just when they try to shove an entire celebrity down our throats is when I get annoyed. If it's just a song then I'm good. If it's live like Leona Lewis then FIRE!!!

--T
    I hear you. I never played the celeb stuff from the other game (Katy Perry something, I guess?) but I can honestly say, the idea of it is pretty weird to me, putting clear references to a real celeb in a fictional game? I don't think it would appeal to me.

I like the celebs being hired to sing songs in simlish though. That part is cool.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I like that she's English and they're adding a little bit of cultural diversity. I believe all other previous celebs have been American.

I guess it depends upon what you consider constitutes, "featured." I'm thinking it likely just means she recorded a song for use in a pack, kind of like Natasha Bedingfield did back for TS2 Freetime. She's English too. ;)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    NO NNot another Katy Perry nightmare!

--T
    I hear you. I never played the celeb stuff from the other game (Katy Perry something, I guess?) but I can honestly say, the idea of it is pretty weird to me, putting clear references to a real celeb in a fictional game? I don't think it would appeal to me.

I like the celebs being hired to sing songs in simlish though. That part is cool.

Honestly, I'd like to have a celeb pack with actual celeb sims like TS1 Superstar. That would be cool. NPC celeb sims you can friend or stalk or photograph or whatever. I missed that. And the songs I really enjoy, I bet it's not easy to learn a song in simlish.

--T
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I turned the Cake Pleasure Dome venue into a cafe with the Bistro Oven. That was kind of cool. And I did like some of the decor stuff for girls rooms. Still shudder over the clothes though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wish you could still get Sweet Treats from the Steam listing tbh.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

--T

Or depending on when they release the rumored Pets pack, she could have done a song for the trailer, so that's why she would know about it and be excited for it (while sticking to the NDA and not divulging details/subject).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)