Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's little pixel place | SIX NEW Videos | p. 23

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Those two berry Sims are absolutely adorable. Exactly what CC did you use on them?

I think I would like to place them in DV (that whole town teems of berries), but I would use Cleaner to remove the CC. Just wondering how much of a difference removing that CC will make.

Hi @MiaSkywalker - aww thank you! I'm glad you think so.

There's a lot of CC on both of them tbh - skin overlays, blushes, ear blushes, nosemasks etc. Each post will take you to my simblr and you'll see exactly what it is. There would probably be less of a difference removing the CC from Caeruleus as he doesn't use sliders like Prim does and any make up he's wearing can be replaced.

I could always pull out my mods folder and take some pictures for you if you like.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I have lots of sliders, so that part isn't an issue. I also have a number of skins, and quite a bit of makeup. The difference in getting CC from the Exchange as compared to some place like MTS (where I usually get my CC), is that from the Exchange they'll get put into dbc files, and I won't have any control over it. I would rather just clean it out, and then replace the makeup CC manually, even though I would have to download it myself if I don't already have it.

Looking at the simblr post, it looks like about half of it I already have, and the rest (other than the nose mask) isn't critical. I'm going to need the nose mask; it's part of what makes both of them so cute!
    I have lots of sliders, so that part isn't an issue. I also have a number of skins, and quite a bit of makeup. The difference in getting CC from the Exchange as compared to some place like MTS (where I usually get my CC), is that from the Exchange they'll get put into dbc files, and I won't have any control over it. I would rather just clean it out, and then replace the makeup CC manually, even though I would have to download it myself if I don't already have it.

Looking at the simblr post, it looks like about half of it I already have, and the rest (other than the nose mask) isn't critical. I'm going to need the nose mask; it's part of what makes both of them so cute!

I wouldn't put these up on the Exchange due to the CC, but I do have them both in a Sim file format.

I know that Prim is definitely a private download until the end of the challenge, but let me check the rules on Caeruleus. I've set him as private, but I'm not 100% if that was part of the rules...if not, I can send you the file if you'd like.
    Oh, that's right, you've mentioned that they're private. Well, I can wait until you can post them somewhere. I'm not playing the game for a while due to offline existence distractions (pain, mostly), so it's no hurry. :)
    Oh, that's right, you've mentioned that they're private. Well, I can wait until you can post them somewhere. I'm not playing the game for a while due to offline existence distractions (pain, mostly), so it's no hurry. :)

I'll make sure to tag you when they are ready for release! I hope you feel better soon <3
    edited July 2017
    OHEMGEE m'dears! I'm super stoked!! So I decided way back when I got PHINNEY that I might dabble in making some YouTube videos. I made a channel back in January, but only really used it for watching other Simmer's videos. As ya'll know I luuuuurve to build, so back in March I decided to do a build challenge started by RoryPlaysTheSims (post here) and I filmed it.

I did say on twitter that this would be my first video on my channel and two months later, I finally got it edited and uploaded. What took me so long? Well, three things really...I had no idea how to really even make a video on youtube, so I did a lot of research; I'm a bit OCD and I really wanted to make sure it looked ok before putting it out there (it only took me about a week to edit and put it all together); but the biggest thing was: I was BRICKING it. I was absolutely scared plumless. I don't know how many times I watched and listened to this video before posting it. After I published it to YouTube, I actually turned off my computer and went for a walk, trying not to think about it.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and I do hope that ya'll will have a little gander at the video because I did enjoy making it! :heart:

(Psst..click on the picture to watch the video)
    35538639711_ce0f1b5c45_z.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Thumbs up!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited May 2017
    @aricarai :open_mouth: How did you do that thing!? The thing where you put the plant on the end table when it was a floor plant!? In the living room? (right around the 4:30 minute mark). I would also like to do the thing!

eta: and countertops!? You can delete the cabinets beneath counter tops!? WHY DID I NEVER KNOW THIS!?
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you have created a speedbuild video for your build! :) You have produced it very well! Birches is a very nice home! Very nice exterior design of the home! The flower beds and flowers along the front edges of the home look very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home!
    Thumbs up!

@simgirl1010 - Thank you m'dear! I hope you enjoyed it <3
    @aricarai :open_mouth: How did you do that thing!? The thing where you put the plant on the end table when it was a floor plant!? In the living room? (right around the 4:30 minute mark). I would also like to do the thing!

eta: and countertops!? You can delete the cabinets beneath counter tops!? WHY DID I NEVER KNOW THIS!?

@creativemetaphor - You crack me up; this comment made me smile! That would be the Nraas' Debug Enabler mod. Check out this tutorial! And seriously check out the rest of her creative help section of her tumblr...so many good tips, although you do need a scroll a few pages to get to the Sims 3 stuff.

To delete counter tops, you just need testingcheatsenabled true on, then you insert an under the counter appliance, like a dishwasher, and then 'shift + ctrl' on the appliance, then you should see delete it (or object and then delete it!)

I hope that helps...I'm rubbish at explaining things!
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you have created a speedbuild video for your build! :) You have produced it very well! Birches is a very nice home! Very nice exterior design of the home! The flower beds and flowers along the front edges of the home look very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home!

Thank you @rosemow! <3
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay for making your first video.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Looks great Ari... and I learned a thing or two as well. Congrats on your first video :smiley:
    I learned quite a lot, just in the first fifteen minutes of the video. I'm going to watch the rest of it, and probably watch it a few more times, too; I hadn't even noticed the deleting counters thing at all.

Nor did I realize that DebugEnabler could be used that way. I use DE all the time, but never for that! Great job!
    ciane wrote: »
    Yay for making your first video.

Thank you @ciane!
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Looks great Ari... and I learned a thing or two as well. Congrats on your first video :smiley:

Thank you @soocoolsim <3 I'm glad you learned a few things!
    I learned quite a lot, just in the first fifteen minutes of the video. I'm going to watch the rest of it, and probably watch it a few more times, too; I hadn't even noticed the deleting counters thing at all.

Nor did I realize that DebugEnabler could be used that way. I use DE all the time, but never for that! Great job!

Thank you :heart: I'm glad you learned some things @MiaSkywalker! I learned all about DebugEnabler from that @Joolster in that post that I linked in my response to @creativemetaphor. Jools is a genius with finding creativity in The Sims 3.
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Hi dear. I have you bookmarked!

Thank you sweet Bree! ❤
    edited July 2017
    Howdy do!

I'm back with another Berry Sim + plus there's a video, too! Olive Froggart was made as a spouse for cowardlypixels' Rainbowcy.

For Olive, I picked Generation 4 and the color green. I love olive green, so I decided to stick with that and then variations of the color for everything else. CC and sliders were allowed, so I admittedly went a little crazy.

The CC I used can be found on my simblr post.

Olive Froggart is a private download, but I'm sure I'll release her at some point.

Because of her forgetfulness, Olive Froggart never excelled academically; she was always more of a sports and outdoorsy type of girl. As she grew older, Olive made sure that she kept herself in prime physical shape; from the disciplined martial arts to lifting weights and going on nature runs.

If Olive isn’t working out, there’s a pretty good chance she’ll be doing something that she’s been dared to or laying out on the beach, getting a nice olive hue to her skin. Her hopes for the future are to settle down and find someone to share her - sometimes extreme - hobbies with.

Absent-Minded | Athletic | Daredevil | Disciplined | Loves the Outdoors

34828665814_cae1488c2f_z.jpg

34828668944_1c34f4f802_z.jpg

35282729520_2a7aa9e48b_z.jpg

35539387251_ed3ce0680a_z.jpg

34828663844_a51522e1aa_z.jpg

35500853302_3a243ef11b_z.jpg

35669810035_c413ef74b5_z.jpg

34828666404_2373a3b97f_z.jpg

35500853482_901ebb4a63_z.jpg

34828665494_601a3c9b8c_z.jpg
    Click the below thumbnail to watch Olive being made:
    35629415676_9bf455dfe3_z.jpg

Post edited by aricarai on
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I suppose it's time for me to just break down and get Nraas at last, eh? ;)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Olive is very nice! :) It is nice that you chose olive green as the colour and used shade variations of the colour. Her hairstyle, outfits and skintone is very nice! Her name suits the colour scheme well! Very nice poses of the sim! Her traits go well together.
    I suppose it's time for me to just break down and get Nraas at last, eh? ;)

Definitely :) Debug is really the only one that I use to build with...I do have others like MC and Dresser; I use those mostly for CAS things. I do have SP too, but that's more for playing which I don't do enough of.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Olive is very nice! :) It is nice that you chose olive green as the colour and used shade variations of the colour. Her hairstyle, outfits and skintone is very nice! Her name suits the colour scheme well! Very nice poses of the sim! Her traits go well together.

Thank you so much @rosemow! <3