Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Bowling Stuff Countdown (RELEASED!!!)

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Says who?

What he said; and big deal a pack just for bowling, maybe for free I'd take it.

Sure............you would get it in blink of an eye

So, no proof, no links to prove it. Really!! Show proof.

-_-
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited March 2017
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Hmm. Well, I do generally dislike how some people on these forums consistently post conjecture as fact. But that said, I think a Bowling pack could be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it, whenever it does actually come out.

When did I ever post mis-information? That is if YOU consider this one actually is

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Winter quarter ends at the end of March I think? And they announce/release packs on Tuesdays and the last possible date is March 21st. Subtract 7 days for the trailer to be released and you get March 14th. Common logic really.

Spring starts around 20th-22nd, and last up until late June. Are we sure we see this new stuff pack this early? Or could they not release until even June and still be within the 'spring time' announcement they made weeks ago? I would like to see bowling.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Bowling should be released is this quarter. This quarter ends when March ends. So we should get bowling sp either 21st or 28th of March
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Winter quarter ends at the end of March I think? And they announce/release packs on Tuesdays and the last possible date is March 21st. Subtract 7 days for the trailer to be released and you get March 14th. Common logic really.

Spring starts around 20th-22nd, and last up until late June. Are we sure we see this new stuff pack this early? Or could they not release until even June and still be within the 'spring time' announcement they made weeks ago? I would like to see bowling.

I believe it has something to do with the quarters, and this quarter ends with march if I'm not mistaken.

It is supposed to be released in the Winter Quarter not Spring :)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

It's not winter quarter. It's 4th quarter of 2016-2017 and it ends on April 1st. And then the first quarter of 2017-2018 begins.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

It's not winter quarter. It's 4th quarter of 2016-2017 and it ends on April 1st. And then the first quarter of 2017-2018 begins.

Ummm didn't it release in the [quarterly] teaser? Meaning it should release in the SAME quarter.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    Exactly. This quarter ends on on March 31st. Or, to be technical, April first, when the next quarter starts. EA Fiscal quarters are as follows:
    1st- April-June
    2nd - July-September
    3rd - October- December
    4th - January- March

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    looking forward to it and will be buying it lol
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It has to be in March because the new quarter starts in April.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Hmm. Well, I do generally dislike how some people on these forums consistently post conjecture as fact. But that said, I think a Bowling pack could be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it, whenever it does actually come out.

There are builders who are waiting for this pack and have already got their bowling lot made. Drutrubuilders build is going to be awesome.

I've started a remodel on The Old Salt House to turn it into a bowling center; upstairs I have a bar and restrooms, downstairs will be the lanes. I'll have to wait and see if we get a bowling center venue type, and if there are any specific requirements, plus more decor (hoping for a lot of neon).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Since it was in the quarterly teaser it makes sense for them to release it before the end of the quarter, especially since it's an SP which doesn't get as much marketing hype (usually only 1 week lead time between announcement/trailer and release). The schedule could be pushed back a week (trailer on 21st, release on 28th) if something they want in the pre-pack patch isn't quite ready by next Thursday.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Since it was in the quarterly teaser it makes sense for them to release it before the end of the quarter, especially since it's an SP which doesn't get as much marketing hype (usually only 1 week lead time between announcement/trailer and release). The schedule could be pushed back a week (trailer on 21st, release on 28th) if something they want in the pre-pack patch isn't quite ready by next Thursday.

Let's hope there are no issues and we see the trailer and livestream next week.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm not really excited for this bowling...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Until the devs say when it will be released, it won't be. I, too, hate it when people post their want as fact.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Until the devs say when it will be released, it won't be. I, too, hate it when people post their want as fact.

I too hate it when people misinterept most possible outcome as wants. I guess no one can have what they 'want'

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No, but we can get what most want.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I hope it'll be a good pack. Though, I must say I've purchased a few stuff packs last weeks.. And while I love the addition of them, it's time for an expansion rather than a stuff pack.
    Although I would like to say a bowling stuff pack isn't a bad idea.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Be still, my Polish heart!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

I like your logic and hope you're right. I know we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with this pack, and I'm really looking forward to it!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Only way I would get the pack is if they added something else to it.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'd only truly like this pack if they make a new lot type. I think they have to. The only lot type that would work right now is "national park" and I really don't think they feel like it's the best solution. There is the generic lot type, but that doesn't allow other sims to come to the lot. They could fix it or add a checkbox for "allow visitors" and I'd be happy. Or they could add an "arcade" or "recreational" type lot where sims are drawn to fun objects by default. I don't think a bowling alley lot that requires that object is wise for future content they might add. I think they are doing a great job with recent packs, so I don't think adding a new lot type is out of question for a stuff pack now. I do fear they will do the national park way and the game will continue with that lack of "fun lots" that I think is limiting. We'll see...
    I'd only truly like this pack if they make a new lot type. I think they have to. The only lot type that would work right now is "national park" and I really don't think they feel like it's the best solution. There is the generic lot type, but that doesn't allow other sims to come to the lot. They could fix it or add a checkbox for "allow visitors" and I'd be happy. Or they could add an "arcade" or "recreational" type lot where sims are drawn to fun objects by default. I don't think a bowling alley lot that requires that object is wise for future content they might add. I think they are doing a great job with recent packs, so I don't think adding a new lot type is out of question for a stuff pack now. I do fear they will do the national park way and the game will continue with that lack of "fun lots" that I think is limiting. We'll see...

They most likely will have a new lot type.
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Why are people bothering with tropical vacations, it's basically a normal day of the sims expect a new venue. I
    I would much rather have a colder vacation since it's a lot different then a usual sunny day.