Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    @Endereclipsed He's handsome! <3
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • GamingwithlilGamingwithlil Posts: 7 New Member
    I have been wanting to make a challenge but I need some ideas
  • AerinxxAerinxx Posts: 2 New Member
    So I started the challenge a couple of days ago and my mint sim is about to become an adult, she's had a daughter and named her Rosaline. I'm almost done with the mint generation and will probably be done before Rosaline reaches her teenage years lol.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm finishing out Generation 2 in the Not So Berry Challenge.

Here's where I'm currently at in the story:
    Recap:
    Soren Berry fell in love with Sebastian Andrade in high school. Soren, always a flirt had several boyfriends but it was always Sebastian who had her heart. He always told her, 'it's just you and me against the world'. Soren didn't know if she believed in forever as she watched her mother, Ireland stay with her cheating father, Dylan, all throughout their marriage. But she knew she loved Sebastian. They were of course high school sweethearts after all.
    GBQOl7F.png
    Hanging out at the club as teens

During their young adult years, neither of them were faithful, & when Soren ended up pregnant, Sebastian dumped her, making it clear he wasn't ready to be a parent. To add fuel to the fire, Sebastian ended up marrying Nina Caliente, Soren's nemesis. Soren didn't want to be a mother either....but here she was....in her 3rd trimester and miserable:
    EF0Hh3t.png
    But the day her daughter Juniper was born, was one of the happiest, whether she was ready to be a mother or not:
    F9QXsMD.png

Present Day:
    Juniper had aged to be a beautiful teen...a loner who was obsessed with space.
    VPEuqnP.png
    As for Soren, she and Sebastian had rekindled their love affair. Sebastian was a widow raising teen girls. & deep down, Soren knew that they never stopped loving each other, regardless of the years that had passed.
    mBkFPMJ.png
    Soren desperately wanted to give Juniper something she had growing up....& that was a two parent home. & so Soren got down on one knee & proposed:
    dYYLsey.png
    Of course Sebastian said yes!

Wedding Day:
    On the day of their wedding, Soren was nervous. Well...actually nervous was an understatement. She was terrified. But didn't all brides have pre-wedding jitters? Soren couldn't shake the ominous feeling....:
    d5MrTRa.png
    She showed up to her wedding in regular clothes. The wedding music started playing and the next thing she knew she was at the alter with Sebastian. Oh no, oh no, oh no, Soren thought. She didn't want to do this in front of all these people, but she didn't get a chance to pull Sebastian to the side. But she could not go through with this wedding.
    OaITgNv.png
    "Sebastian, I can't marry you" a flustered Soren told Sebastian.
    boFA9pa.png
    Sebastian was shocked!!! "But why" he asked?
    h2E4hUN.png
    "I just can't....you and I....we're not meant to be. I'm sorry Sebastian"
    4C3RTUq.png
    Sebastian was angry...and sad. He didn't know what to think....none of this made sense. She had proposed to him. Was this some sick twisted plot to get him back for dumping her in their earlier years? Sebastian just glared evilly at Soren.....if looks could kill.....

I've been playing The Sims since it's release in 2014 & I had no idea that you could leave someone at the alter!! Such a cool feature! Something glitched in the game...where Soren didn't show up in her wedding dress....which I actually liked as it fit the story that she was coming to break things off with Sebastian.

I'm super excited for Gen 2 to be over. I only have to complete the career (currently level 9) & then get Soren married as an elder & then I can move on to Juniper's story. I downloaded LittleMsSam's First Crush mod, which I thought would be fitting for Juniper's story...the loner who is only close with her grandmother, until she died & then made friends with Jagger Yu. He became her first crush as a child and their friendship has blossomed into love as teens. Here they are as children & teens:
    mYIH1Dm.png
    axoRKf6.png

I love this challenge & I'm so ready for Gen 3!!
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @EnderEclipsed Congrats on finishing gen 3! Your gen 4 heir is hella buff I love it :lol:
    @Sha2520032003 Great story and pics :smile:
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've been making each generations home fit their color. Right now I'm on grey and Greyson is about to move into this lot!

HbjZXmc.png
    j2Rci48.png
    MnoZK1b.png
    pdFwV9u.png
    ZQpK22w.png
    ErN6VQn.png
    heV1OWB.png
    OwemCgn.png
    HUyXCI2.png
    qyTcMby.png
    BE05ojp.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes now I want to see the other homes for the other gens!
    Holy plum I love that house @swcheppes - I'm gonna save it and edit it a bit to fit my grey sim :smiley: I never upload to the gallery so it'll just be private use and I'm still on mint so it'll be a while.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I've been making each generations home fit their color. Right now I'm on grey and Greyson is about to move into this lot!

HbjZXmc.png
    j2Rci48.png
    MnoZK1b.png
    pdFwV9u.png
    ZQpK22w.png
    ErN6VQn.png
    heV1OWB.png
    OwemCgn.png
    HUyXCI2.png
    qyTcMby.png
    BE05ojp.png

I love this house!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Kvelvet wrote: »
    @swcheppes now I want to see the other homes for the other gens!

That can be arranged ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited April 2018
    I mentioned before how each generation I've made a new house to represent that generations color. Each house is done as much in the color or related colors of that generation. The only room that is not is the heirs room which is down in the next generations color. I've also moved my heir each generation to a different town. This has really made this legacy even more fun. As you know mint was the start of this challenge. I decided to start my challenge in Oasis Springs. Here is my founders first home. It was a great little house for her, her partner and their daughter. However their family grew so they had to move to another house (I will post that after)

UFpaQuk.png
    35LUwhA.png
    VRP4toh.png
    yh8VkHi.png
    eNIDIoF.png
    O3Z73YA.png
    DmDBVqa.png
    siWEoPi.png
    0y9ay97.png
    4gh6OFj.png
    5DFZZLF.png
    lrA1Tnd.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @swcheppes Beautiful house! I did the same thing - color coordinated the house to the generation color other than the bedroom of the next heir which was their color! I also gave each gen a color coordinated cat!
    @swcheppes Sooo nice!

I used to have them living in that huge mansion in Brindleton Bay, but it was just too big. So I built them a slightly smaller home. It's still a mansion, but everything isn't so spaced out. I took these screenshots to show my mom (we live hours away), so I'm thinking it's nice to share our sims living spaces.

9JUN77G.png

I went for mint, white, and light browns for most of the design. The living room.
    cxUbkU0.png
    lOTpSgh.png
    w2sEzBh.png
    Ignore my broken pet fur vacuum lol. You'll notice the bookshelf door. It leads down to a basement of four 5x5 rooms and four 4x4 bathrooms. Sorry, I don't have screenshots of those, because for now they're incomplete. The idea was to make the rooms career themed. So, Maya has her own science lair in one of those rooms, but they've been a bit busy with Rosaelia. It'll be like a museum I guess of my players' achievements.

The den. Triples as a TV room, a workroom for Lucas, and music room.
    4yr9iRp.png
    jplVZ1w.png

The kitchen. Less difficult than the theme of the master bedroom, but still drove me crazy!
    mIkZMeh.png
    hsWv8hU.png

There are three bathrooms, reasonably sized, but they all pretty much follow the same color scheme and set up. This is the one downstairs on the first floor.
    e7sMve2.png

The dining room.
    2Ln0bYV.png

Rosaelia's bedroom is what I like to refer to as "shades of roses."
    UyskaP3.png
    Yi4XgEX.png

Maya and Lucas's bedroom. This was very difficult for me to design, especially since I didn't want to stick to my "uniform ways."
    GLebsLX.png
    oCCdTZb.png

Guest room.
    LsfkkU1.png

The "good energy" room.
    lZLNA1O.png

Up next are shots of the new additions to the family!
    edited April 2018
    The princess has aged up. Save for her clothing, I left her exactly the way she turned out: looking like daddy!
    jSLrzH3.png
    tonLbqv.png

These are photos from the old house of little troublemaker, Leo. I was worried about having a pet in the house with Rosaelia just aging up to a toddler, but surprisingly, he really loves Rosaelia and tries to play with her a lot.
    IwXMS4W.png
    And he absolutely never sleeps in his bed!
    CLKWHb9.png
    [img][/img]APuAi4J.png

Finished the Challenge :smile:

@swcheppes That mint house is so cute! Good idea making new homes in new worlds for each generation. I'm debating on whether I wanna do that or have a legacy mansion for the first few generations. Not sure which way to go.
    @Kvelvet Very nice furnishings. I wish I had that kitchen irl :lol:
    @AprilDawn Congratulations! :smiley: Love the photo wall. I wanna do that with selfies of each nsb couple on their wedding day (if I can manage to remember haha).
    @honeywitch Thanks! I was carrying the pics and other stuff from each generation that were like mementos (like Mint's Ray gun!) in the next gens inventory - one of them glitched and lost nearly everything in their inventory but somehow still had the pics of each gen so I was at least relieved about that! Also a painting of Mint that Diego had done survived so I had the founders painting on the wall in each gens house. The wedding photos are a great idea! I never use the photography much so not so great at using it - lucky I even remembered for each couple to do a selfie. I usually just do screenshots. Blue gen taught me a bit more about the photography skill though since she had to max that skill.
    edited April 2018
    My mint generation had more kids then I planned (thanks risky woohoo) so I moved them out to a bigger house. The bedrooms in this house switched around trying to accommodate 5 kids. This is the house after the three oldest kids (including the rose heir) moved out and there were just two teenage girls plus the parents living in the house.

s3in2wY.png
    Mnx9wxO.png
    Dhd0I1C.png
    DzjKGCS.png
    JrssdUJ.png
    sg8tIVn.png
    E43Usne.png
    MQbizaK.png
    9IDU2Ua.png
    7xACDkz.png
    5OpxajM.png
    a7q0FNN.png
    nh7NB8k.png
    PNGp57H.png
    FBiJ2vt.png
    ye0qpvd.png
    4F3CRtF.png
    SpEVxyl.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @AprilDawn Yw! That's so lucky the gen pics were safe. I live in fear of glitches like that :lol: And yay for the surviving Mint painting! I've recently starting utilizing the selfie and take photo interactions more. I've never gotten near maxing the photography skill though; decided to just wait for the blue gen to focus on it much.
    @swcheppes Holy plum 5 kids - I've never done more than 3 so I'm always impressed when someone can raise that many. Even irl I only want one :lol: Another great build btw.

I've been posting my nsb challenge on my simblr - here are some recent screenies:
    n3qg6g.jpg
    34h8cwp.jpg
    Post-proposal Pennyroyal and Akira woohooed once in the closet and once in bed, then ate veggie burritos while watching TV Classics, then danced "together" to klezmer music. Honestly flawless.
    w0ndx2.jpg
    Akira's kid sister Akina moved in with them a while back (I made her via play with genetics). They have weekly game nights with Miko Ojo :smile:
    28jwrvs.jpg
    My bbs got matching rose tattoos in honor of their upcoming nuptials.
    111qflz.jpg
    I'm already sad about their deaths and the heir hasn't been born yet :lol:
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have been wanting to make a challenge but I need some ideas
    Hello :)@Gamingwithlil
    To play this challenge go to page one of this thread.
    Sims 4 Challenge List compiled by @Meeshelby

To Create and Share a challenge of your own I suggest looking at what has already been shared.
    A lot of new challenges are inspired by other players. If you decide to adapt an existing one please be sure to give credit to the original creator.
  • EndereclipsedEndereclipsed Posts: 164 Member
    Time for a little update again.
    My 4th gen is going great, the only thing he needs to do is having movie nights and level up one more time in the parenting skill.

He is now married with a sim I made long time ago her name is Viola Montoya.
    j7j6GwI.png

Moved into his childhood home before is parents died, and got the 5th gen heir.
    Introducing Violett-Rose
    ZRSjKWW.png
    jlxxMiH.png
    UljAPQW.png
    Fj3qsoP.png
    Pxc9adw.png
    3AXnEwU.png
    She is a smart cookie and learning fast.

And Tellus and Viola got another child Levi-Alexander
    H8XhUDA.png

That was todays update on my challenge.
    Origin ID: EnderEclipsed
    36500e4441a9d06fa219f2b378eea26a.gif
    I hope I'm not bothering you guys with all my house posts but I love sharing the fun I'm having with the challenge. My Rose got pregnant very young and the baby daddy wasn't ready to settle down, it's complicated (if you want to she my Rose's love story I post it on the thread, about half way down on this page). Anyway I decided to move her and her then toddler, Dijon, to San Myshuno. Her brother Jean moved with her. He needed a change of scenery. This was her first apartment. I did not save this to the gallery :(

enXdDqr.png
    5eFrueG.png
    KBVJtVj.png
    YuA2KwO.png
    XxQrWrU.png
    nkMZxey.png
    VyMk7zQ.png
    CkDhc48.png

suRdkSd.jpg
    edited April 2018
    @swcheppes Not all! I love seeing them! They look fantastic! BTW, which apartment is this in SM?
    Kvelvet wrote: »
    @swcheppes Not all! I love seeing them! They look fantastic! BTW, which apartment is this in SM?

Awww thanks! It was 19 Culpepper House in the Spice Market. But it's nothing compared to their second apartment. I would seriously loved to have live in it even with all the pink. I will post it next!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited April 2018
    I didn't intend it but my first two generation moved to bigger places. Usually I stay on one lot during my play and keep renovating the home to fit my families needs, like in my Disney Legacy. But I found it really fun and realistic for my families to move. I mean when you run out of space in your current place most of the time you move to something bigger and better. That's what Rose did. Once she was making bank she treated herself to a place with a view. Some of these rooms I've put up on my gallery. This apartment is 122 Hakim House in Art Quarters.

Vfblp3e.png
    xLvT4nP.png
    O1EkH60.png
    6kah9fU.png
    nPvu6IB.png
    AIdl7bi.png
    EDRYlUI.png
    rztG3zi.png
    XuyqiLj.png
    IAwHuEa.png
    Lh33i5l.png
    QuyNpDd.png