Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Attraction

I really wish EA would bring the attraction or zodiac signs back. It was fun when your sims would become attracted to a random sim.

Comments

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2017
    It depends on what attraction system. I really hope they don't bring back the Sims 3 attraction system. I want customization options, turn-ons and turn-offs. If yes, it would be fun. If not, it would be very annoying, at least to me. I disabled the attraction system in the Sims 3 because it pushed sims to cheat on their partner with plenty of strangers every day.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    yeah currently I don't see any logical attraction behaviors, Sims just seems to randomly flirt with anyone... Not sure what exactly causes them to choose one sim over the next, but I tried creating a few sims for Caleb so he would maybe start flirt interactions without me having to push for it as the female Sim... But it never happened. So really no idea why some sims flirt with another sim. Maybe because they have the romance trait or something. But an actual attraction system or better yet a Date expansion or gamepack that would bring this back is very much appreciated!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    It depends on what attraction system. I really hope they don't bring back the Sims 3 attraction system. I want customization options, turn-ons and turn-offs. If yes, it would be fun. If not, it would be very annoying, at least to me. I disabled the attraction system in the Sims 3 because it pushed sims to cheat on their partner with plenty of strangers every day.

You must have used a mod because as far as I know it can't be disabled. It was patched in.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Candyd wrote: »

You must have used a mod because as far as I know it can't be disabled. It was patched in.

Yes, 2 mods made by Shimrod.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited March 2017
    I thought it was super weird in the sims 3 how if you had twins they would have different zodiacs lol. I would love it if they brought this back though. Also with the turns off and ons from the sims 2.

Edit: It would be great if they made a love stuff pack or game pack. bring back online dating, attractions, zodiac signs, turn ons and offs. I would defiantly buy it.
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    yeah currently I don't see any logical attraction behaviors, Sims just seems to randomly flirt with anyone... Not sure what exactly causes them to choose one sim over the next, but I tried creating a few sims for Caleb so he would maybe start flirt interactions without me having to push for it as the female Sim... But it never happened. So really no idea why some sims flirt with another sim. Maybe because they have the romance trait or something. But an actual attraction system or better yet a Date expansion or gamepack that would bring this back is very much appreciated!

Hope the Love Pack makes it from the survey but I also hope it's more then setting up sims on blind dates.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I've been wanting Sims 2 attraction system for awhile. Gift giving would also be appreciated.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would have interest in a dating pack. I know some people aren't interested but it would appeal to me and I would use it a lot.

I'd be interested in turn-ons and possibly turn-offs as long as I can control them and edit them in cas.fulleditmode. I already have my own approach to determining attraction and compatibility so I would like something that allows me to have my sandbox and then lets me enhance it.

I would be kind of interested in letting them do online dating, more varied dates and in having more wedding options.

As for astrology, I like my sign and used to be very into astrology but now I don't really pay attention to it and am basically a skeptic. My actual boyfriend is from a sign that I didn't think I would date. If it were in the game then I'd probably incorporate it though. Maybe they could do something else like that, such as personality types like someone else brought up.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'm worried that a dating pack would be a blind-date-with-the-computer pack. Which I don't want. But that seems to be on the surveys.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I'd love the dating pack we definitely need more romantic interactions, I would like online dating, blind dates setting other sims up and finding out how it went. Also If they had the 'seeing someone' status which means you could see lots of other eligible sims ;) and turn on and turn offs would be so much fun. And a break up through text options or email.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Yeah I would love this, That would be so cool, It is pretty random right now, I would love if they did it with horoscopes, it would be sort of cool if maybe they added it after seasons so your birthday could be associated with the right weather:)) It would add more in depth personality too:)) I sort of wish they could add some kind of system hereditary system. Sort of like how they did vampires powers. So you can add things your sims are bad to make it more interesting. They have traits that are bad already, but if you could pick maybe just a few more. Plus maybe if they could add genetic disorders and mutation traits that you could actually pass down to your family, That you could personally edit. That would make me so happy:))
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The flirting is really over the top currently. I find it hard to have romantic interests living together because all they do is flirt. It would be nice also if sims with the appropriate traits were prone to cheat(romantics and non-committal).
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I miss the Sims 2 turn on/turn off system where you could pick things your Sims liked or disliked such as beards, perfume, fitness, makeup, hair color and so on what would be even better if it was somewhat expanded to hobbies or skills like singing or dancing, I could totally see one of my sims fanning herself after watching a sim on the dance floor.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I miss the Sims 2 turn on/turn off system where you could pick things your Sims liked or disliked such as beards, perfume, fitness, makeup, hair color and so on what would be even better if it was somewhat expanded to hobbies or skills like singing or dancing, I could totally see one of my sims fanning herself after watching a sim on the dance floor.

Yeah I love this idea, I want this to happen so bad:))
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I like a more hands-off playstyle where I let my Sims make their decisions. In Sims 3 I'd religiously follow wishes and only do something if a Sim wished for it, and it was a lot of fun seeing where that led them. In Sims 2, yes absolutely, I'd have them hook up based on attraction.

Sims 4 lacks both. Would love to see an update that focuses on fleshing out traits and whims while simultaneously providing an attraction system.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member

Me too! It was such a great feature for pairing sims up. I also loved how they could walk in to a restaurant or bar/club and "scope the room" and if there was someone they found attractive the attractive sim would 'glow' temporarily and they could then make their way over to chat them up ;)

I remember creating two seperate sims (in the Sims 2) that I wanted to have meet randomly and become soul mates, and just from using the turn ons/turn offs they ended up having 3 lightning bolts of chemistry with each other (soul mate status)! I was so amazed at that! :o

So I would love a similar feature in the Sims 4.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member

Yes! I loved the TS2 turn ons and turn offs, but I always wished it was more complex and included things like skills and personalities. It's like in real life, at least past the initial first glance, people are compatible with personalities, not looks. Our sims could be turned on by another sim who is romantic, or self-assured, or active. Turned off by commitment issues or meanness. Or turned on by meanness if that's your sim's cup of tea, lol! That would make a lot more sense than being attracted to such superficial things like "blonde hair" or "hats".
    imhappy wrote: »
    I'm worried that a dating pack would be a blind-date-with-the-computer pack. Which I don't want. But that seems to be on the surveys.

Surveys don't mention all details. I'd want tons of romantic Interactions and actual honeymoon spots.

• LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I miss the whole attraction interaction because it was nice to know what that sim is looking for and who is most likely to be willing to go on a date. My sims seem to have trouble looking for love everyone always turns them down...maybe there just not likable lol. But yeah I miss the zodiac signs too it was just a nice little thing added.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Mmmmm why was this moved to speculation when it's obviously an idea. Trying to hide something, EA? :wink:

For reals though, I'd love a TS2 styled attraction system. I never played 2, but when other simmers talk about it, it sounds soooo amazing and fun. TS3's attraction system was kind of wacky, and for some strange reason my sims only ever got attracted to sims I find unattractive and elders. Lol my sims were killing me. I think that TS2 style attraction system would also help many simmers to feel that their sims are more unique, as they would have personal tastes that differentiate them - most simmers complain that all sims are exactly the same, and this could help A LOT to fix it.
    edited March 2017
    Linzz wrote: »
    I miss the whole attraction interaction because it was nice to know what that sim is looking for and who is most likely to be willing to go on a date. My sims seem to have trouble looking for love everyone always turns them down...maybe there just not likable lol. But yeah I miss the zodiac signs too it was just a nice little thing added.

That's why I just pick a sim from cas for a mate.
  • SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    I don't like it too much, what if your sim is a really attractive Brunette, but the other sim only likes blondes? People in real life are more accommodating to different types of attractive people, (well past high school that is), will the other sim just reject them for one thing? Or a really attractive blonde but the other sim only likes redheads and gives blondes a turn-off. (To people who prefer this, just make your own mate for your sim).
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    I don't like it too much, what if your sim is a really attractive Brunette, but the other sim only likes blondes? People in real life are more accommodating to different types of attractive people, (well past high school that is), will the other sim just reject them for one thing? Or a really attractive blonde but the other sim only likes redheads and gives blondes a turn-off. (To people who prefer this, just make your own mate for your sim).

Attraction systems can work for townies and npc's as well.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wether one prefers TS2 attraction system or TS3 one, something needs to be done in TS4 either way. At least turn ons and offs. I personally loved TS2 attraction system and think it is the best, along with the memory system.