Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is very strange to me:

Okay, so I apparently own the Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts venue, but it doesn't show up as Gifted to me in my Purchased History and I sure as heck couldn't afford to buy it myself. Has this happened to anyone else or did I just receive a glorious glitch in the form of a free gift? I've had the lot for a couple years now and it still baffles me because I don't know who it came from!
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    I had something like this happen to me. I was in playing Aurora Skies as I just had brought a few months before playing in it and I noticed in the buy mode that I had owned the Chocolate Fountain. Well I didn't buy the Chocolate fountain as it wasn't in my purchase history and it wasn't gifted to me. Well to be on the safe side, when it came up on the Daily Deal one day, I went ahead and paid for it just in case it was a glitch or something. I could had gone and contacted CS and had them sort it out but I decided against it as they may had taken it that I had obtained an illegal copy of the fountain which I never did.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Sometimes when a person gifts an item, the message doesn't go through. The purchase history also has been know to have problems and not reflect actual transactions. It's possible to have gained an item through completing a set or compilation as well.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    If you had it on your wishlist...someone could have gifted it. I used to do that for people I had made friends with all the time.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    thevogel wrote: »
    If you had it on your wishlist...someone could have gifted it. I used to do that for people I had made friends with all the time.

I can't remember if I'd had it on my list. Oh well. At least my tiny dancers can still do their lessons on Snow Days. (Elementary School girls.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Maybe you entered a contest and had listed that item? Or maybe you mentioned it in a post somewhere?

Gifters are very sneaky, got to watch out for them!