Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Challenge - Sims 4 Adoption Centre Challenge

(First of all, I haven't used this website in a very long time, so I'm not sure where to post this. If you have a better idea for me, it would be great if you told me)

The Adoption Centre Challenge - TS4

This is a story driven challenge, so it's more like a plot line than an actual challenge.

To start off:

Make one manager (Can be male or female, must be YA) The manager is responsible for keeping the kids in line, like making sure they're doing homework, or making phone calls to possible new parents to the children. If you'd like, they can wear a uniform.

Make one caretaker (Can be male or female, must be YA) The caretaker is responsible for household chores and tasks, and taking care of the children. They must cook, clean, and help wherever they can. Must have the the 'neat' trait. Must wear a uniform.

Make 6 children. (You can make more if you have a mod that releases constraints on household sizes) They can be male or female, have any traits, and have any aspirations. For an interesting challenge, I'd recommend using a random trait generator. They must all wear a uniform.

Enter the world, and buy and empty plot of land in Newcrest. Make sure it's big enough to build on, because you never know if you'll have enough space. Give yourself enough money to build, there's no constraints on money cheats, since this adoption centre is funded.

Build an adoption centre. It must contain:
- One front office. It should have a front desk, a computer, a book shelf, and three waiting room seats. It can also have a TV if you want, but it isn't recommended, since it distracts Sims.
- One kitchen. Make sure it has a fire alarm and sprinkler system. Since this adoption centre contains kids, try to make it as safe as possible.
- Two adult bedrooms. One for the manager, and one for the caretaker. The manger's should be slightly bigger than the caretaker's. The manger bedroom should have a double bed, a mirror, a dresser, and any other things you wish to add. The caretaker's should have a single bed and a dresser, and any other simple things you wish to add.
- As many kid bedrooms as needed. Each kid should sleep in a room with one other. They must all contain two kid's beds, two desks, one mirror, and one bookshelf. You should add wall defender lights, so the kids don't always wake up because of the monster under the bed.
- One play room. It should contain as many toys and skill building objects as possible.
- Two bathrooms. Since there are so many sims, make sure there's privacy, so they don't become embarrassed. One bathroom is for toilets, (must have a sink and a mirror) and the other is for showers.
- An outside playground. Can contain play structures.
- A fence around the entire centre.

Gameplay:

This is a very story driven challenge, so I'd recommend creating a plot, and making some interesting things happen on your own (or write one of those cool blog stories that some people do. If you do, I'll be sure to read it, because I love hearing about those things). If this doesn't appeal to you, I'll get to a scoring system later.

Whenever you want, you can 'adopt' out kids to families, once you find a suitable one. This is the manager's role. The manger must go out, and find sims to adopt the kids. (You can only do this when the kids are all at school). If the manager finds a sim with a common trait to one of the kids, you can adopt them out, and add another kid to the centre. If a kid becomes a young adult without being adopted out, then move them out.

If either the manager or the caretaker dies, replace them with another YA sim you create.

To fill up your world with potential applicants to adopt the kids, feel free to download some families or regular sims from the gallery, and move them into your world before beginning. You can do this again if you start to run out of options. I might start a gallery hashtag with some sims I create, so you can out them into your game. I'll update this post with the hashtag once I make it.

Adoption centre rules and regulations: (follow this as best as possible, make exceptions when you need to)

MONDAY TO FRIDAY SCHEDULE:

8:30 PM - 6:00 AM: Sleeping time. You must lock the doors of each room during this time, as well as the front doors. Unlock all doors at 7:30.

6:30 AM - 7:00 AM: Breakfast, make sure your caretaker cooked something the night before.

7:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Free time. Finish up homework if it wasn't already.

9:00 AM - 3:00 PM: School. Let your manger go out to find suitable parents.

3:00 PM - 4:45 PM: Homework time. If completed before this, they can get early free time. If it wasn't finished already, let them finish it the next morning.

4:45 PM - 6:00 PM: Free time! They can go outside, or play in the play room. Skill building activities are recommended.

6:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Dinner time. Make sure something was prepared beforehand. Lock the front door, so nobody goes outside.

6:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Everyone can do a quiet activity, like reading. They can do unfinished homework if needed. Take showers if needed. Lights out at 8:30.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY SCHEDULE:

9:00 PM - 8:00 AM: Sleeping time, make sure both front door, and all the children's doors are locked. You can unlock them at 8:00.

8:00 AM - 8:30 AM: Breakfast. Make sure something was prepared the night before.

8:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Free time! Children can go outside, or play in the play room.

11:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Lunch time. Make sure something was prepared beforehand.

12:00 PM - 3:30 PM: Park time! Caretaker and manager take children to Willow Creek's park.

3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Homework time. If competed beforehand, they can have early free time.

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM: Dinner time. Make sure something was prepared before.

5:30 PM - 6:30 PM: Free time! Outside or inside.

6:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Quiet activity time. They can read, talk, or shower. Front doors must be locked. Lights out at 9:00.

Feel free to modify this to suit your gameplay style! I'd recommend not fast forwarding at all, because time in the Sims passes very quickly. Make sure the caretaker has meals prepared beforehand, or everything could get messed up. This has happened to me before. If things get really bad, you can make exceptions to avoid kids being taken away by social workers.

Please do not use mood cheats, unless you're making a story instead of gameplay.

Points system:

Every child adopted - 10 points

Every child grown into YA without being adopted - -10 points

Every student on the honour roll - 5 points

Every failing student - -5 points

Every time you successfully follow the schedule with no exceptions - 20 points

Every time you have to make an exception to the schedule - -15 points

Social worker comes to collect a child - game over

Feel free to ignore this if a points style type of game isn't for you.

Please set your lifespan to medium before starting

Do not let your manger or caretaker get jobs.

If you decide to make a story out of this, please send me the link! I'd love to hear from you all!

Comments

• Options
    Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    I am definitely going to try this! Thank you so much for the idea :) Lets see how this goes. I will keep you updated!