Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a negative atmosphere on this forum?

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    @Uzone27 The sims 3 GD section in here is very peaceful and one of the safest places to post. More of an older crowd too. You might feel more at home there if you still play 3. Pics and game play still being posted. That section does not get trolled much at all. For the sims 4 this is the one thread that is happy and been around a long time. You won't find debates or trolling in this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788517/favorite-screenshot/p1

As I mentioned above the old sims 3 forum was monitored more. People had to own the game to post. It was a lot safer than this forum.

I'm sure life is peachy there as long as you share their attitude and point of view.

I have to disagree. They don't care if people post their stores and pics on the sims 4 in the sims 3 picture threads. Some people in that section play both games. Some are still even playing TS2. If anyone attempts to start fights there they get run off. It's happened a few times however it rarely happens

Fine.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    @Uzone27 The sims 3 GD section in here is very peaceful and one of the safest places to post. More of an older crowd too. You might feel more at home there if you still play 3. Pics and game play still being posted. That section does not get trolled much at all. For the sims 4 this is the one thread that is happy and been around a long time. You won't find debates or trolling in this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788517/favorite-screenshot/p1

As I mentioned above the old sims 3 forum was monitored more. People had to own the game to post. It was a lot safer than this forum.

I'm sure life is peachy there as long as you share their attitude and point of view.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the TS3 section being all peachy there as long as you share their attitude and point of view but we don't pick fights with people who do come over to post about how they like TS4 better because those type of people are far and few in between. Granted that we might get the rare occurrence of someone from the TS4 side coming over to the TS3 side just to demand that the TS3 players need to give up that game and move onto TS4 as TS3 is old and outdated and TS4 is a lot better than the old TS3 game, but those threads don't last very long over there as they finally get locked and deleted and the person who started it is no longer a member of this site.

But I can tell you that we have this long lasting thread over there that was started back in 2015 and is now on page 1271 that people who play TS4 have posted on there and no one has jumped down their throat for posting their TS4 updates on a thread for TS3. And you want to know why we don't jump down their throats for posting TS4 stuff in a TS3 thread? It's because we'll are simmers and it doesn't matter what Sims version that you're playing because we all love our Sims game regardless of what you version it is. Heck, we even have people posting their TS2 updates in there when they decide that they want to switch up games and go back to that one for a little bit.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-game-today/p1

In my opinion, I have seen plenty of people who have played TS4 coming back to TS3 because they got bored with their game after playing for a few days to a few months. Or they get bored after playing 1 family and then they come back to TS3 to play that game until EA releases the next EP/SP/GP or an update that has more content added to the game. Then they go back to TS4 until the next time they get bored with that game and then they're back to TS3 for awhile until the next update. And when they come back to TS3 and they like to compare with they've miss from TS3 vs. TS4 and say how they would like if and when EA decides to make TS5 that they would like to see things from TS2/TS3/TS4 all combined together.
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the TS3 section being all peachy there as long as you share their attitude and point of view but we don't pick fights with people who do come over to post about how they like TS4 better because those type of people are far and few in between. Granted that we might get the rare occurrence of someone from the TS4 side coming over to the TS3 side just to demand that the TS3 players need to give up that game and move onto TS4 as TS3 is old and outdated and TS4 is a lot better than the old TS3 game, but those threads don't last very long over there as they finally get locked and deleted and the person who started it is no longer a member of this site.

But I can tell you that we have this long lasting thread over there that was started back in 2015 and is now on page 1271 that people who play TS4 have posted on there and no one has jumped down their throat for posting their TS4 updates on a thread for TS3. And you want to know why we don't jump down their throats for posting TS4 stuff in a TS3 thread? It's because we'll are simmers and it doesn't matter what Sims version that you're playing because we all love our Sims game regardless of what you version it is. Heck, we even have people posting their TS2 updates in there when they decide that they want to switch up games and go back to that one for a little bit.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-game-today/p1

In my opinion, I have seen plenty of people who have played TS4 coming back to TS3 because they got bored with their game after playing for a few days to a few months. Or they get bored after playing 1 family and then they come back to TS3 to play that game until EA releases the next EP/SP/GP or an update that has more content added to the game. Then they go back to TS4 until the next time they get bored with that game and then they're back to TS3 for awhile until the next update. And when they come back to TS3 and they like to compare with they've miss from TS3 vs. TS4 and say how they would like if and when EA decides to make TS5 that they would like to see things from TS2/TS3/TS4 all combined together.

Do you mean this thread here that was originally posted in the TS4 forum?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843270/sims-3-worlds-are-much-better-than-in-sims-4#latest

Sorry I'm not impressed.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843270/sims-3-worlds-are-much-better-than-in-sims-4#latest

Sorry I'm not impressed.

No, I mean the one that I posted in my thread. We have people who post their pictures and stories in the "What happened in your sims game today? thread. The title of the thread should indicate that any game can be posted in there as it doesn't say "@What happened in your Sims 3 game today?"
    edited March 2017

Sorry I'm not impressed.

No, I mean the one that I posted in my thread. We have people who post their pictures and stories in the "What happened in your sims game today? thread. The title of the thread should indicate that any game can be posted in there as it doesn't say "@What happened in your Sims 3 game today?"

Oh no doubt. That's a terrfific thread,
    I enjoy peeking in there from time to time.
    Post edited by Uzone27 on
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Sorry I'm not impressed.

What does that thread have to do with the sims 3 section? You will find many TS3 VS TS4 all over this forum. Those threads are getting old in both sections. Some got shoved into the TS3 section from 4.

This thread has none of that. All sims versions and all sims players are welcome. Everyone gets along and probably the best thread in this forum http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-game-today/p1
    edited March 2017

Sorry I'm not impressed.

What does that thread have to do with the sims 3 section? You will find many TS3 VS TS4 all over this forum. Those threads are getting old in both sections. Some got shoved into the TS3 section from 4.

This thread has none of that. All sims versions and all sims players are welcome. Everyone gets along and probably the best thread in this forum http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-game-today/p1

My apologies. I never actually opened the link you posted there...
    No offense intended to you or that post's author.

There are many terrifc posts and people out here and I'm not trying to paint all Ts3 fans as horrible people
    I'm a TS3 fan That was and still is the gist of my point.
    I don't go to that section because I'm not currently playing that game.
    The confrontations I've had were with people that just couldn't let go of the fact that I have a different view of TS4 than they do.
    It's not all TS3 fans...only a certain group of them.
    @Uzone27, Oh I agree that they may be some that don't take too well with people playing TS4 but I can honestly say that I myself am not one of them. I could care less what game someone is playing just as long as they are having fun whichever one suits them because like I said, we're all simmers regardless of which we play. I don't have TS4, so I can't go around or I refuse to go around bashing others for liking the newer game or even TS2 because that's not me to do that to anyone. I will admit that the only thing that anyone would see me saying about TS3 is that I love my open world, CASt and all of the other things that TS3 has. And the only that I might say about TS4 and I really don't consider what I'm about to say as any kind of bashing is that whenever I see pictures from TS4 is when the Sims/item that is selected in the game is that I don't care too much for the white outline on them as they remind me of the old Colorform sets. Heck I get the urge to go and peel that Sim/item off of the page and place them down somewhere... :p And yes, I do know that anyone can go into the ctrl+shift+c and get rid of the white outline.

And what you said about that link that I posted being terrific thread, you're about that. I've only just started posting in that thread around the Spring/Summer time of last year as I had been posting my stories for my Scooby-Doo and the Gang over on Facebook on a page just for that one story and my other stories/pictures on my other Sims page, My Sims stories and pictures for TS3. Since I've been posting over in that thread, I haven't really posted much on those 2 FB pages with maybe the exception of 2 videos that I created because I wanted to try to add some music to a video to see if I could do it... :)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017

Sorry I'm not impressed.

There are many terrifc posts and people out here and I'm not trying to paint all Ts3 fans as horrible people
    The confrontations I've had were with people that just couldn't let go of the fact that I have a different view of TS4 than they do.

Thats ok :D You can play 4 and post in that thread or even if you still play 2 or 1. Other people do. That thread has never gone into the 3 vs 4 issue.

There are those few on both ends that have to go back and forth with each other. I got attacked by some 4 fanatics for posting in feedback. Anyone should be able to post both positive and negative feedback without being targeted in the feedback section. I prefer to play 3 and I installed 2 on my computer but Im still in tech helping out 4 players with their computer needs for the game.
    Yep I've posted on that thread a couple times.
    Good stuff.
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I actually agree.. i stopped coming on here for a few months and even stopped playing the game! ( i havent played w toddlers yet) but yeah todays my first day back
    I actually agree.. i stopped coming on here for a few months and even stopped playing the game! ( i havent played w toddlers yet) but yeah todays my first day back

You are in for a treat...(and perhaps hair transplantation.) B)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think over all this is a nice forum. you guys should look at the comic book forums their awful.
    and if you're a batman fan you're not welcome on there at all.
    I made the mistake of asking if anyone was upset about them naming one of there comics Better Then Batman.
    they were really not nice. I mean wow.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I mean no offense to OP, but I feel like such a thread inadvertently encourages toxic behavior. I'm sure that wasn't the intention, but I feel like this kind of thread invites people to act all passive aggressive and rant about "the others" in a way that just screams "everyone but me is the problem." The weird paradox to me is that I personally find that attitude to be rather toxic (didn't even take a full page for someone to accuse someone else of being rude), so the simple fact that we're even asking the question turns it into a "yes."

Only remark I'll make is I think people often spark fights that don't even need to happen. I feel like people are rather defensive, and that defensive attitude sometimes causes people to lash out when they simply don't need to. Classic example in my mind is that any time I see a thread where a user posts an opinion about a pack that ultimately ties into praise or criticism of the pack, it is inevitable that someone comes in and makes the "who gave you permission to speak on my behalf? How rude of you" speech. To me that's a situation where people falsely assume that someone having the "audacity" to post their opinions means they're also purposefully ATTACKING all opposing opinions, which simply isn't the case. It's seen as an attack though, so it quickly results into some snippy back and forths when all of this could've easily been avoided with some common sense and everyone calming down a notch. It also has the bad side effect where topics often don't even get discussed, with people instead discussing "was OP rude or not and could they have worded the topic better," which is pretty worthless and petty discussion compared to...y'know, actually discussing the topic.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i think 1 of the major problems that can cause negativaty on the forum thats my toughs here is what is posted not every players that plays the game have the same view of the game that is the sims4 and some content do not fit certain players that plays the sims4 view i am the serious type when it comes to playing games even if that games is the sim and in my honest opinion would be to clearly explain what the topic is about and it would avoid lot of negativaty. just wanted to post my 2 cent in this thread
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • doons88pdoons88p Posts: 8 New Member
    Since the arrival of the new stuff, there is less negative atmosphere. But I share the opinion of those who feel betrayed with the release of sims 4 and I fully understand them.
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    I've been on lots of forums before and this is by far the nicest one I've been to in terms of attitudes.
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    @Uzone27 The sims 3 GD section in here is very peaceful and one of the safest places to post. More of an older crowd too. You might feel more at home there if you still play 3. Pics and game play still being posted. That section does not get trolled much at all. For the sims 4 this is the one thread that is happy and been around a long time. You won't find debates or trolling in this thread

Sorry I'm not impressed.

This thread has none of that. All sims versions and all sims players are welcome. Everyone gets along and probably the best thread in this forum

To be honest, we are all simmers. What does it matter what version we play? We're a community and in general we get along.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
    I dont know why that quoted what i wrote aha! I meant to say:

To be honest, we are all simmers. What does it matter what version we play? We're a community and in general we get along. :sweat_smile::heart:
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,

To be honest, we are all simmers. What does it matter what version we play? We're a community and in general we get along. :sweat_smile::heart:

You're preaching to the choir. :)

This is what I say also... :) We all love the Sims and it shouldn't matter which one or ones that we play just as long as we are enjoying ourselves playing the game... :)

• DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    From what I've seen on other forums, these forums are far more chilled and nice! :) It's probably because it's so easy to get banned here, but there's a far nicer atmosphere here than on other forums online! xD

Even the most intense parts of these forums are still quite lovely in their own special way! :P
    From what I've seen on other forums, these forums are far more chilled and nice! :) It's probably because it's so easy to get banned here, but there's a far nicer atmosphere here than on other forums online! xD

Even the most intense parts of these forums are still quite lovely in their own special way! :P

Aha yeah! Ive yet to find a heated argument on these forums :smiley:

Simmer since 2009
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes, you have.

Igazor, you are trying to use the Monty Python argument sketch on a simmer who is actually from its country of origin. This is not going to go over well. :angry:

Oops. Uhm...okay, nevermind. :(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

You haven't been here too long. The most heated arguments have been over for a while now.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top