Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a negative atmosphere on this forum?

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    SimReviews wrote: »
    122-61068-babycrt-1391963408.jpg

dumb fake crying babies who play TS4

This makes you exactly no better. This is pretty much exactly what you are complaining about other people doing. Pretty much this whole thread is like that. Complaining about people complaining. Making a whole thread to repeatedly post about people you don't agree with, regardless of how they handle themselves. Resorting to name calling. It's no different and no better. Be the bigger person. Are those people right to be rude, no. But ignore them and move on. Or if they're really being nasty report them. Or tell them directly how you feel when they're being rude. But this feels like the equivalent of a vaguebooking sharing my dirty laundry with the world post in facebook that nobody wants to see.

I agree with your point. But feel this could have been expressed in a better way.
  • SimReviewsSimReviews Posts: 211 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Some of us are like this... Guys, let s be nice

This makes you exactly no better. This is pretty much exactly what you are complaining about other people doing. Pretty much this whole thread is like that. Complaining about people complaining. Making a whole thread to repeatedly post about people you don't agree with, regardless of how they handle themselves. Resorting to name calling. It's no different and no better. Be the bigger person. Are those people right to be rude? No. But ignore them and move on. Or if they're really being nasty report them. Or tell them directly how you feel when they're being rude. But this feels like the equivalent of a vaguebooking sharing my dirty laundry with the world post on facebook that nobody wants to see.

I agree with your point. But feel this could have been expressed in a better way.

Yes, I see that now. I have edited the post.

Much Love,
    Dynella ( sim reviews sister )
    I'm an avid sims4 simmer born in France and living with a gogeous husband and 2 twin baby girls, working as a game developer & cc maker. and looking for a teaching job ;p
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Well you can call this entire thread a soapbox. haha
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

dumb fake crying babies who play TS4

This makes you exactly no better. This is pretty much exactly what you are complaining about other people doing. Pretty much this whole thread is like that. Complaining about people complaining. Making a whole thread to repeatedly post about people you don't agree with, regardless of how they handle themselves. Resorting to name calling. It's no different and no better. Be the bigger person. Are those people right to be rude, no. But ignore them and move on. Or if they're really being nasty report them. Or tell them directly how you feel when they're being rude. But this feels like the equivalent of a vaguebooking sharing my dirty laundry with the world post in facebook that nobody wants to see.

This entire thread is not about people complaining its about people being extremely rude and nasty to EA and developers while getting their opinion across. The statement the op made, in which you have quoted, does defeat the purpose of everything on here so I'm off this thread after that.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Personally, I wish people were as kind to Maxis as I've experienced them being with myself, as a modder. I can't help wondering if people get extra mad because of the money factor. Or maybe I've just been lucky in the kind of comments I get (knock on wood, probably just jinxed myself).

I mean, if someone doesn't have a lot of money, it might induce some fear and lashing out from that fear if they feel they were deceived or spent their money poorly and they're scared about running out. So I think part of it may just be tied to larger world stuff that we wouldn't really be allowed to delve into here. Suffice it to say, it's a lot easier to be outraged about a bad purchase than something free.

Oh and to be clear, when I talk about kindness, I'm not talking about lack of criticism. I just mean how stuff is said, in what way.

Granted, many people already are plenty kind to Maxis in how they go about their criticism. It always seems to be the case with game communities that a small percentage of people can be really loudly rude to the point that it starts feeling like they're all that exists.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    Guys, most of us are relly nice people , but some of us are very rude.like i found this ones while browsing thru foru m...
    EA needs to be better. The company is soooo dumb and plum. I quit forver Bye EA plum.

RUDE ! !
    Please guy, we are very demending...

We asked for toddlers and we got them
    we aksed for vampire and we got it
    we asked for laundry, were geting it
    we asked for pets, it coming
    we asked for pools, we got them
    we asked for apartments we got them
    we asked forspecial item, we got it.

Yet were still saying:
    maxis where is the seasons the game is so dumb without seasons its not even like real life we need seasons give us seasons!!
    julyinjune wrote: »
    dumb game fix it now we need seasens!! i will quit if we dont get preteens

This thread is about bashing other players and how they give feedback or their own remarks. This is against the rules as far as I can remember. It's indeed just flame baiting others. If it's not about the game then you shouldn't be posting any other type remarks about other people on this forum. Let's see if moderators follow their own rules.

ETA: What are we supposed to be posting about? The game, period. What are you posting about? Other people.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

This is name calling. The picture says it all. You are calling other people's wants, wishes, and frustration a cry baby. Bet I wouldn't get to call you that with a GIF.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017

When I think back to when I was a child at home, I had siblings that would beg my parents for anything and everything expensive. It never mattered to them what sort of vacations we had just gone on. My parents were the type that would ask you what did you want Santa to bring you then when we got older they just ask what you wanted for Christmas. and it did not matter, we would get it.
    I was born with a kinder heart than my siblings because I did care if our parents could afford, all the things they would beg for. but they never cared. If they did not get what they wanted soon enough, they would gossip about my parents even to their friends.
    So, for the most part, my siblings got what they asked or beg for, and yes I got more too because they were getting something. but I also stop accepting so many gifts at the mall, I told my mom no to buy herself something. I felt I had enough clothes, and nice ones too.
    This may sound twisted to you but parents love to buy for their greedy kids. <3
    I am sure you have met people in life that want it all they may do anything to get what they want, like a car or house, land or a Job.
    I have learned that If you want something in this world you best to ask for it or find a way to get what you want as long as it's not wrong or hurting someone.

Like here they wanted pools and toddlers, they got pools and toddlers
    we wanted pets we are getting pets, we wanted laundry we are getting laundry.

What if we never asked for toddlers, and we kept it a secret we wanted toddlers. We would never have toddlers
    same with everything else. Would that had made us happy, no,

I do not think they should be mean.
    But yea keeps letting them know what you really really want, that way we get it :);) I think they come here and look to see what we are begging for lol Then they go back and make the one thing we want most. I truly think this is how it works.
    It does not matter if we think they can not do it or it's not in the budget, I bet that budget is a lot bigger than you can dream. I do feel they can make us anything in the Sims games. so I feel ask and work for what you want in life push it to the limits, we only live once. Why not make it fun. :p:D Don't you just love to say I can't wait to get home and Play my Sims game B):)
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    edited September 2017
    I really can't stand thought police and those who feel they have the moral authority to tell others how they should express themselves. If someone thinks this game stinks because it doesn't have Seasons EP then that's their right, not yours to tell them how they should word it. Should we pass every thing thru your censor so you can reword it for us?
  • LovelyLuvLovelyLuv Posts: 5 New Member
    Can we please have seasons and woohoo in the shower back?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I really can't stand thought police and those who feel they have the moral authority to tell others how they should express themselves. If someone thinks this game stinks because it doesn't have Seasons EP then that's their right, not yours to tell them how they should word it. Should we pass every thing thru your censor so you can reword it for us?
    The phrase thought police is really blowing things out of proportion. I don't understand, frankly, this idea of being offended because someone indirectly says how they would prefer people to act, or even how they think people should act. Not everybody has the same values and disagreeing is not a crime. No random forum user is capable of policing a thing, so it's pretty disingenuous to use phrasing that makes it sound like they have the capability to do it in the first place. In fact, it's kind of silly because you're giving them power over you that they don't have.

In short: This thing of making it seem like there is a crowd of people telling others what to do and the people being told what to do are poor victims is as incendiary as portraying all critics as horrible people. It makes it sound like there are two sides and nothing else.

I'm pretty tired of seeing in general, across the internet, people trying to make it seem like they're preyed upon every time they don't like what someone did or said. I don't believe that most of us are even doing it intentionally, it's just this habit being picked up by osmosis.

Sincerely,
    The Thought Police

(I will be coming by everyone's house later in a hoverjet, with a mind-reading device.)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    People have had this attitude for years another nothing will ever really change
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    People are rude regardless. We can all have civilized conversations without being nasty. We may not agree on the same things but that's just life. Which is better? Apples or oranges? Should schools allow students to wear hoodies? Yes or no?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I like to limit my discourse with any individual on the internet to 3 rounds of exchange or less. After going back and forth three times both parties have said just about anything that can be said about a particular topic, and the discussion usually starts to fall apart after that, with each individual growing frustrated that the other has not adopted their own view. Then the insults start to fly.

Perhaps the best thing that the EA moderators do is to lock threads so that arguments don't go on forever. That policy in particular has had the single most important effect of improving the atmosphere on the forums. I do not read these boards every day, but every time I return things are better than they were before. As an old, former community manager for a gaming forum I give these moderators a big thumbs up.

What would you do if this was your baby real, or even if you were the caregiver? If you could,You would give the baby what it wants, That's a fact :D
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3<3
    These little Simmers just found out about the new Cats and Dogs Pack, <3
    Did they pre-pay? nope they only tried to eat the credit card, o:) But their mommy sure did :D

hSeoqhl.png

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Insulting the company and being rude in general is not going to make things move faster. I agree the rudeness needs to be toned down.

Quite true.
    I see two likely reasons for the rudeness:
    1. Many simmers are young teens who still are used to just demanding what they want and getting it by just going on and on (especially when they talk with their parents). Such young teens are also more insecure than adults usually are and they therefore want everybody to agree with them and can easily feel insulted if people don't.
    2. Adult simmers don't like to accept that they are playing a game that actually is targeted at young teen girls. So they accuse the developers of not understanding anything when the game doesn't seem to become more advanced and when things from the previous game are omitted. But the developers have to target the game at the largest group of customers like EA almost certainly has told them to do.

The strongest reactions still come from the teens though. But this is only natural and it actually would be much more surprising if young teens were able to discuss without a need for a lot of moderation too ;)
    edited September 2017
    Erpe said: Adult simmers don't like to accept that they are playing a game that actually is targeted at young teen girls. So they accuse the developers of not understanding anything when the game doesn't seem to become more advanced and when things from the previous game are omitted. But the developers have to target the game at the largest group of customers like EA almost certainly has told them to do.

The adult woman plays Sims games because we do love doll houses, Your so right. :) Young girls love the games for the same reasons they love the dollhouse effect as well. hehe. :)<3 I am not ashamed to say it I love dollhouses real, and in the Sims games, I get to play dollhouse.
    So no I do not want the sims games to be targeted toward adults, that would take all the fun out of the game.
    We have our Barbie dolls, we have our toddler dolls our baby dolls, and we get to control our Ken dolls lol :D:p . We can not control our Ken dolls real. j/k That's what best about the Sims games, and why women and girls will always buy the games.
    ;)<3 We cannot come home from work and sit down and play with a dollhouse every day and look sane but we can turn on our computers and play our Sims games. Same but so much more fun and better. Also, we look smart. B) .And anytime you're on your computer your learning more and more. soon we all will be brilliant.

The fact that many adults own dollhouses highlights their enduring popularity. Kids who enjoy playing with dolls absolutely love doll houses. The right dollhouse can open up many new possibilities in terms of creativity. While playing The Sims we get to create our own dollhouse and our own world our way. If we want to know what's "in", who do we ask, Teens. So businesses will always look to the teen and pre-teens for the next" in" thing. Teens are more truthful, they do not care to impress, They just know what they like. So here we get to behave more like teens, we get to beg, and beg for what we like and want without limits.
    So if we keep begging nicely haha we have been and will keep getting what we want.

Whenever it's a room full of people expressing their opinion on any subject it may seem confusing even if they are mostly just talking about what they want, people like to talk, they like to be heard, and they want to be understood, it could seem negative. But for the most part, we are all just saying pretty much the same things.
    @Stormsview People play Sims games for many reasons. Some play them as you describe because they love dolls and doll houses and to dress up their sims like they would do with real dolls. But there are many other ways to play.

Personally I never played a Sims game for that reason and I have never been very interested in the clothes and hair that my sims had and not in their furniture either. Instead I played them because I either loved the stories in the game (especially in TS2) or because I loved the quests and challenges (especially in TS3 World Adventures, the Sims Medieval and the Sims Freeplay).

Other simmers instead mostly care about constructing houses and using build tools. Likely because they also like to construct gardens and/or design houses in their real lives. This way of using the game is of course as valid as the others.

Another difference that most likely exists between adult simmers and the very young teen simmers is about for how long time they play the game. Personally I like to either play it nearly all the time or not at all. But the very young teens likely play it much more just out of curiosity and have a lot of other new things they want to try too. Therefore I think that many of them only play in short sessions and maybe almost only a short time after a release of a new expansion. But they seem to be the most important customers for EA anyway because there are so many of them while only very few adults actually are interested in such a game. This also is the likely reason why EA always makes impressing videos to motivate people to buy everything but usually omits completely to put much depth into the game and its expansions anyway.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I'm actually surprised this thread is still open :fearful:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @erpe i am an adult and i play the sims game for me its like a passtime and to relax.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm actually surprised this thread is still open :fearful:

Lol. I was just thinking exactly the same thing :D
    @erpe i am an adult and i play the sims game for me its like a passtime and to relax.
    I could say the same for myself. But there are many ways to do that as I described above. And I play several other games with the same purpose :)
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    I've been on and off the forums for years now. I've noticed that typically waves come in and out sometimes this place has been the funnest place eva and sometimes it can be a toxic dump. Typically when there's a fresh surf of new people to the game, feathers can get ruffled. Ppl may not be accustomed to typical forum etiquette or the unique etiquette of these particular forums. It happens and eventually self corrects, most of the time the D bags can be ignored but I also haven't been on in a while to see what part of the dumpster is on fire.
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited September 2017
    james64468 wrote: »
    There is only negativity if you accept negativity. In the end you can allow people words to control you or You can learn to let it go. In reality your choice. Sure others will do personal attack but keep in mind half of what is said on these forums wouldn't be said in person.

I hate to break it to you but you cant just close your eyes to negativity and it will just disappear. its part of life. Maybe ignoring negativity is your preferred way to coup with it but ignoring it is not as healthy or possible for everyone.
    edited September 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The phrase thought police is really blowing things out of proportion. I don't understand, frankly, this idea of being offended because someone indirectly says how they would prefer people to act, or even how they think people should act. Not everybody has the same values and disagreeing is not a crime. No random forum user is capable of policing a thing, so it's pretty disingenuous to use phrasing that makes it sound like they have the capability to do it in the first place. In fact, it's kind of silly because you're giving them power over you that they don't have.

In short: This thing of making it seem like there is a crowd of people telling others what to do and the people being told what to do are poor victims is as incendiary as portraying all critics as horrible people. It makes it sound like there are two sides and nothing else.

I'm pretty tired of seeing in general, across the internet, people trying to make it seem like they're preyed upon every time they don't like what someone did or said. I don't believe that most of us are even doing it intentionally, it's just this habit being picked up by osmosis.

Sincerely,
    The Thought Police

(I will be coming by everyone's house later in a hoverjet, with a mind-reading device.)

The thread was merged. I'm not surprised EA mods didn't delete it. The OP I was speaking to who I quoted was breaking the rules by Naming and Shaming. We aren't supossed to say things like...'so and so said this and here is their quote'....that's against the rules, but I guess it's o.k. as long as it's about 'being kind' when what it does is flame bait. You guys and this place never fail to prove me right. Nobody, and I do mean nobody has the right to tell someone else how to post what they feel. Period. But we see it's all good to name and shame and just get the threads merged. Rules aren't equal here.

ETA: If you are tired of the internet offended, then you should read what that person said, they were behaving exactly like the things you are tired of.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top