Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a negative atmosphere on this forum?

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    If all Simmers were exciting and interesting (like me) then the forum would be terribly exciting - every hour of every day.
    o:)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    If all Simmers were exciting and interesting (like me) then the forum would be terribly exciting - every hour of every day.

Post in the TS3 GD then, there is where all the excitement is these days! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    I just joined the forums and I joined the Simming community a few months ago, maybe more? I know it was before City Living came out. But I haven't run into anything toxic other than the dispute between 'EA white knights' and 'whiners' or whatever they call themselves. I just hope one day people can at least stop complaining or at the very very least do it respectfully. I feel like many requests are being over looked by the bombardment of the demand of pets and seasons. I'm just glad I joined AFTER 2014 xD
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    Tazzykiki wrote: »
    I just joined the forums and I joined the Simming community a few months ago, maybe more? I know it was before City Living came out. But I haven't run into anything toxic other than the dispute between 'EA white knights' and 'whiners' or whatever they call themselves. I just hope one day people can at least stop complaining or at the very very least do it respectfully. I feel like many requests are being over looked by the bombardment of the demand of pets and seasons. I'm just glad I joined AFTER 2014 xD

Welcome to the Sims forums. >:) You will get used to how they are here. I guess to a new person, we all look like greedy little beggars :D Lol. but some are just spoiled. and love to complain, Any adult knows excessive begging would cause us to be ignored, and most of the time we are.

So, for the most part, we just chat with each other, and post since no one cares to read about a new way to beg, every hour on the hour. lol, Sometimes I also beg for something just to fit in, hahaha The rules are there, so it's no fighting. that's a good thing. and we have good Mods. they are great in keeping the peace. o:)

It is a lot of fun threads to post on. they are simple and easy to do with no judging so you may want to try them first while growing your immunity armor lol. (if you have a question or need help just look for @rosemow she is in the help threads and she is also in "Come introduce your self". she has the right answers. and is very sweet. )
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    > @Stormsview said:
    > Tazzykiki wrote: »
    >
    > I just joined the forums and I joined the Simming community a few months ago, maybe more? I know it was before City Living came out. But I haven't run into anything toxic other than the dispute between 'EA white knights' and 'whiners' or whatever they call themselves. I just hope one day people can at least stop complaining or at the very very least do it respectfully. I feel like many requests are being over looked by the bombardment of the demand of pets and seasons. I'm just glad I joined AFTER 2014 xD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welcome to the Sims forums. >:) You will get used to how they are here. I guess to a new person, we all look like greedy little baggers :D Lol. but some are just spoiled. and love to complain, Any adult knows excessive begging would cause us to be ignored, and most of the time we are.
    >
    > So, for the most part, we just chat with each other, and post since no one cares to read about a new way to bag every hour on the hour. lol, Sometimes I also beg for something just to fit in, hahaha The rules are there, so it's no fighting. that's a good thing. and we have good Mods. they are great in keeping the peace. o:)
    >
    > It is a lot of fun threads to post on. they are simple and easy to do with no judging so you may want to try them first while growing your immunity armor lol. (if you have a question or need help just look for @rosemow she is in the help threads and she is also in "Come introduce your self". she has the right answers. and is very sweet. )

Thanks! I've posted on a few. Anything concerning magical or funny stuff, I'm in!
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2017
    I feel the negative vibe here and try not to confront with it. But sometimes it confronts you and you can't do anything but to backfire so shoutout to everyone who wants to come at me COME AT ME! lol jk I don't want drama in this community, it's pointless. Everyone here is just trying to express their opinions about something they enjoy why bother yourself and them by being rude? So immature, not for me. I made a twitter account just for my obsession with The Sims and its called @phurcon just to have fun more and get the news easily and I suggest all those toxic players to do the same and follow me then relax. Because I post/retweet/like good stuff.

Edit: Wow I promoted myself pretty good right there didn't I. Feeling proud :')
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I think the simming community is the most toxic of all game groups. Even after the addition of toddlers.

Thats so interesting. Because you would think it wouldnt be. Over time, I have realized that its really not even fun sometimes to share or talk about things here because of the attitudes.

You'll find pockets of kindness. I, for one, completely like to ignore all the rudeness.

But that's easy for me to do since I'm only really paying attention to 2 threads. Current mafia game and the gifting directory for sims 3 :)

I came from the gift gathering community on the old forums. When we moved here, there was a lot of hate for the game. I aint goan lie, i joined that hate for a short while but it gets a bit old

There are good people and good comments everywhere on this forum, I am sure :) I just ignore the rude ones. Don't provoke them and there'll be nothing to expand on ;)
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    yes, there is a lot of rudeness, but in comparison to other forums/boards i frequent, it's nothing.
    the entirety of the internet is pretty toxic, people are emboldened by anonymity.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    edited August 2017
    all-in-all we are not so bad. You won't hear us begging for anything. we love everybody, and everybody loves we :) we never complain. we never ask EA for more and more. We only show them how we appreciate them with flowers of kind words. we are all little angels. o:) everybody love, love and love is shared. we love our family of simmers :)o:)<3
    did my nose grow?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited August 2017
    nvm nvm
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    all-in-all we are not so bad. You won't hear us begging for anything. we love everybody, and everybody loves we :) we never complain. we never ask EA for more and more. We only show them how we appreciate them with flowers of kind words. we are all little angels. o:) everybody love, love and love is shared. we love our family of simmers :)o:)<3
    did my nose grow?

Players have always been asking for more and more, that is how The Sims ended up with so many EPs over the years lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2017
    I don't see a lot of hate for people. More that Simmers criticize the latest iterations, 3 or 4 and are writing about one or other of them to a lengthy and repetitive degree. I don't mind creative discussion, negative or positive. Most Simmers seem to enjoy "The Sims" for nostalgia and Sims 2 for the fun element.

What I would suggest for EA is to remaster Sims 3 as a 64bit game and everybody could play their own favourites until such time as we all can afford the massively expensive computers that Sims 5 (if EA don't give up on us), would need.

It would make the forum much happier.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Between the old TS3 forums and these ones, I've been a member of this community for 6 years and only ever had one truly awful experience.

Most of the people I've interacted with on these boards are helpful and very kind, though some are also highly critical of certain features or iterations of the franchise. I try to keep an open mind, and I think that as long as we are critiquing the game or the opinion, rather than the person, it should be a non-issue.

I stick to the TS3 boards, though I've ventured into TS4 and off-topic chat as well. If someone has a valid point, who are any of us to shut it down? If you're going to counter someone's opinion, have a reason or suggestion as to how it could be made better~ I'm all for lively debates, but arguing for its own sake is childish and silly.

Happy Simming :heart::cookie:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member

Post in the TS3 GD then, there is where all the excitement is these days! :smiley:

Nah, all the excitement is in the flame bait / war threads, usually in Sims 4 feedback section xD Sometimes I will look at peoples discussion history to find some (even if they are old) to read xD LOL. It is entertaining xD
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I think that there is only negativity/rudeness because some simmers won't allow some others to have their own opinions. It's in the fact that their opinions clash with other's opinions and since they feel so strongly about what they think, they will go to lengths to tell someone how wrong they are. Some will even go to the lengths of getting upset over the fact that they're being told that their opinions are wrong that that insults and the like will happen.

If everyone would take a second to breathe and realize that there is no right or wrong with opinions and allow people to display their opinions, then it'd be a lot better here.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    If everyone would take a second to breathe and realize that there is no right or wrong with opinions and allow people to display their opinions, then it'd be a lot better here.

I agree; some of us have very strong opinions and, while there's nothing innately wrong with that, it's another thing entirely once someone starts pushing his or her opinion down other people's throats as the *only* 'right' way of thinking.

Yes, this is the Internet; anonymity emboldens some, though a lot can be chalked up to misunderstandings (as written words with no facial expression or tone can be easily misinterpreted. In those cases, a simple apology should suffice, and everyone can get on with their lives.

If more people would keep in mind that there's a person on the other side of the screen, the Internet would be a nicer place.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    FloppyFish wrote: »

Nah, all the excitement is in the flame bait / war threads, usually in Sims 4 feedback section xD Sometimes I will look at peoples discussion history to find some (even if they are old) to read xD LOL. It is entertaining xD

It used to be the TS4 GD where all the flame bait used to happen and some of that used to be nasty. The forums have been cleaned up a lot now so everything is more spread out and the days of big 'explosion' type threads are mostly over
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »

I agree; some of us have very strong opinions and, while there's nothing innately wrong with that, it's another thing entirely once someone starts pushing his or her opinion down other people's throats as the *only* 'right' way of thinking.

Yes, this is the Internet; anonymity emboldens some, though a lot can be chalked up to misunderstandings (as written words with no facial expression or tone can be easily misinterpreted. In those cases, a simple apology should suffice, and everyone can get on with their lives.

If more people would keep in mind that there's a person on the other side of the screen, the Internet would be a nicer place.

Well said! :) (gave an insightful <3 )
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    did my nose grow?

Players have always been asking for more and more, that is how The Sims ended up with so many EPs over the years lol

What, you do not know the story of Story of Pinocchio, I gave the hint in my last line. ;)
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I just bypass/ignore any that I see, but honestly I really haven't experienced or seen any. I figure we're very fortunate to be able to play and explore in the game when so many are having a hard time worldwide. Comparative to what others deal with, there isn't anything worth getting bent out of shape over involving a game. I have way too much fun exploring and getting new content/games to notice anything else.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Having a strong opinion isn't the problem. It's the way people express it. Part of a toxic atmosphere is a 'they do this' and 'they do that' mentality.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited August 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Having a strong opinion isn't the problem. It's the way people express it. Part of a toxic atmosphere is a 'they do this' and 'they do that' mentality.

Do you mean the comments made in general about Sims 3 or 4 players purposely being rude/flameing or the family players vs builders vs deviant vs YA etc. or the thousands of speculation comments about ea and who plays what games? Or all of it?

I think the fact we have separated ourselves into groups (builders family player what ever) has hurt us instead of focusing on all simmers some people (me included at times) have instead gotten focused on their game play style and I have seen these mini wars almost over what shouldn't be added to the game. Lots of no that's a waste of time for my play style why add that instead of that's a cool idea let's add that and add what I want. (again I have my thing I don't want to see I'm no saint but that is where I see most things get heated)
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think most of this forums users are lovely. I've had some great and respectful discussions here. The overall atmosphere is nice and generally inviting.

However, there is a huge problem with people who choose the wrong places to express their opinions. And people on here (well, not everyone of course, but a significant amount) have issues differentiating if their opinion is needed or not. I absolutely cannot stand the trend of people who blindly love TS4 popping in threads so obviously dedicated to venting for people who are frustrated with the game just to say "i think everything is fine, get over yourself" . I also cannot stand people who dislike something about TS4 invading the "happy" threads.

Another common thing I see is the misconception that TS3 players are some evil characters who only want to ruin everyone's fun. I wish people could stop doing the things I mentioned, but overall I'm having a great time here reading and learning about other people's perspective.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The negativity on the forum, which was always pervasive, has seemed to be curtailed with the new change in management. Having the EA staff around has pulled some people back into line, and that's a good thing. As someone who doesn't read the forums every day, isn't interested in being accepted as part of the community and who uses the forums as a place to find information about very specific interests I think that this change is a very positive thing. The various cliques have gone off to their own corners and interact with each other less, which means that I don't have to wade through nearly as much pointless bickering in order to find what interests me.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Do you mean the comments made in general about Sims 3 or 4 players purposely being rude/flameing or the family players vs builders vs deviant vs YA etc. or the thousands of speculation comments about ea and who plays what games? Or all of it?

I think the fact we have separated ourselves into groups (builders family player what ever) has hurt us instead of focusing on all simmers some people (me included at times) have instead gotten focused on their game play style and I have seen these mini wars almost over what shouldn't be added to the game. Lots of no that's a waste of time for my play style why add that instead of that's a cool idea let's add that and add what I want. (again I have my thing I don't want to see I'm no saint but that is where I see most things get heated)
    No, I rather meant regarding the question asked in this topic. People who are calling the forums toxic due to other people's behaviour, blind to their own contribution. The idea that it's only Sims 4 critics who are spoiling the atmosphere for example (accompanied by the completely false observation those are all Sims 3 fans, in other words: demonizing one certain section of the fanbase). Unaware apparently that jumping into a clearly critical topic like a stone in a pond just to tell everyone to get a life and play something else, is equally rude as jumping into a happy sharing topic with negativity. Tender sensibilities can be an annoying ingredient as well. People getting all hurt and worked up over absolutely nothing.

For me there is no poison in sharing opinions about the games. People have strong feelings for this franchise and that shows in both positive and negative ways. The fact people sometimes spin out of control as such doesn't make a forum toxic. I find the waving fingers brigade the most annoying myself. Discuss along or don't, but spare me the holy "I'm totally happy with the way things are and I only want to see people here who are as well." And indeed, also what you adress in your second paragraph.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top