Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 plays better than sims 3

2...Next

Comments

• simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    Same here. I had a laptop when Sims 3 first came out and it was horrible cause it kept lagging. I started streaming on twitch and that just made it worse. I finally decided to get a desktop which helped out enormously! But yes I've never had issues with Sims 4, even when I downloaded it on the same laptop as before. I hope it stays that way once we have more eps/gps/sps.
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I wouldn't feel to bad about it OP. I know people who have overkill specs and still had issues with TS3 and for others who had decent specs were able to play it just fine. I find the game to be hit or miss. I would advise most people for TS3 however not to play on all maxed settings though. It can be very taxing on your system.

When I was making decisions for my current pc I wanted something that would be able to play TS3 on maxed settings and to be able to handle TS4 through its lifespan. But I also wanted specs that would allow me to play other games in the event I wanted to experiment different gameplay like battlefield or cities skylines. But I'm making new upgrades lately so i should be getting my GTX 1060 3GB next week (upgrading from a AMD R9 270)

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to change my files so TS3 can recognize my graphics card again.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I bought my desktop to work with TS2 so it wasn't up to par all that much for TS3. After adding stuff packs, expansion packs and CC, it started to have issues. Bought a laptop moved it all onto to my laptop and I have zero issues with TS3. I only have issues with TS4 if they are bugs within the games itself.

Aren't you the lucky one. I have to say, yes, my original computer a Dell, made to order, so it was basically a gaming rig did great with Sims2. It also handled Sims3 until we got Pets. Turned out I needed a new graphics card. But as the EPs grew in number, my poor computer had issues with the game. I ended up installing about 20 of the NRaas mods, just to have it function reasonably well. I finally got a new computer, the one I'm currently using which is far superior to the old Dell. (That is not a slam on Dell, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It lasted from Aug 2005 until summer of 2014.) I do agree completely that Sims4 runs better than Sims3, no doubt about it. When I learned there would be loading screens again, I simply played Sims2 for most of the summer prior to the release of Sims4. They don't really bother me. I'll take the loading screen over the problems with Sims3, any day. Now, if we could just have a singing career, I'd be a very happy camper. My Sim sings great, he just needs a way to make money off of his golden voice. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I do play both series on my 1 year old stationary - the cheapest I could find, with all features integrated with motherboard. My old TS3 worlds are a bit laggy, but playable. They are mostly huge worlds where all households were played for 5-6 generations. The graveyards are full, many urns are kept underground because I hate letting those dead citizens go. I realize that deleting the dead sims would free up the game, so I will probably save only a selection. Also, wild animals seem to be a concern with TS3. Random sims wandering about will at least have clear goals for their wandering, and they will mostly walk pavements. But wild animals will more often get stuck or need to find another way, besides I really don't need to have wild creatures that I don't even see because they are far away, taking up game memory. Anyway, yes - TS3 is somewhat lagging with all EPs and long stories packed with generations of memories. But whenever I start a brand new game, everything work surprisingly smoothly.

Never had much lag in TS4, but I do notice things slow down a little bit after installing a few EPs. I didn't add many titles, perhaps 3.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It not really a fact it opinion. Sure Sims 3 has bugs so does Sims 4. Sims 4 drops frame rates.