Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wth! Nintendo Switch first batch is already problematic

This annoys me so much as I had so much high hopes for the new console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

Is very painful to watch
tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif

Comments

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I know most consoles have problems like this at launch but by Jove there are so many issues to resolve.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's a vocal minority, majority of people are not having issues with the Switch.
    I don't know who's responsible for spreading this information around but they should've taken into account that it's not a common issue but a rare issue.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited March 2017
    I have the switch and it's working perfectly fine for me.

Honestly a bunch of this is just people not paying enough attention. Like putting the controllers together wrong, that's on the people putting them together. And I realize the complaint is more them getting stuck, but these people didn't seem to even look for a release switch, which as somebody shows later on, exists and works. That strip people are putting on wrong isn't meant to come off all the time, of coursie it's going to lock into place so it stays put while you're playing and attaching and detaching controllers from the console or the base for the tv mode controllers. Even to remove the whole controllers from the console/handheld mode to use them for TV/tabletop mode needs a release switch, and that's supposed to detach, of course the parts that aren't supposed to detach are going to need a release switch too.

The screens getting scratched, well, I mean I do agree the dock seems kind of cheap and it's stupid when they're charging so much for this console. But they already sell screen protectors for the switch and logic would say when sliding an expensive device in and out of any sort of hard casing... you should probably buy the screen protector. Not really nintendos fault if you don't use the tools provided to you.

Other than that, it's mostly just freezing issues. Not really a lot of issues, they just focus on the same couple issues over and over for 12 minutes. Which of course, it sucks a lot when you just spend 400+ dollars on this impossible to get console and a game or two for it and it's not working right. But they will fix it I'm sure. Things do often go wrong in the early versions of devices.

I've talked to people who work in the electronics industry, well my dad has (I don't talk to people offline lol) but I've been there, and they're saying the feedback they're getting is extremely positive. I really think it is a vocal minority having issues, like the poster above said. Honestly the people who are sastified tend to speak out less than those who aren't. Look at pretty much any company or product online, and it'll sound horrible because people love to complain.

Also worth noting, apparantly they guy who put this video together did the same for the PS4 and the Xbox One making them sound pretty problematic too (I haven't looked for them myself, but it's in the video comments). You can make anything sound bad if you want.
  • Options
    alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    already...
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I haven't looked at the switch at all because I am not considering buying one (I have PS4 & XB1) so haven't heard about these issues. But just looking at these problems some people are having, it's obvious there are some design flaws. Parts that clip on and off mixed with kids using it, there are going to be issues down the track. This is one of the things that would steer me away from purchasing it, let alone the software and hardware probs.

Glad my N64 is still going strong. :grin:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    I have mixed feelings with the Switch but I still want to play. I'll just wait a few months down the track, at least 3ds is still going strong :blush:
    joleaco wrote: »
    Glad my N64 is still going strong. :grin:

Ugh I miss playing N64 so much but they're hard to find here now. :(
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I didn't even get the 3ds. We do have the ds lite and dsi xl, both still working. I don't play with them anymore but the kids do, they go through phases of playing them all the time, then not touching them for months on end. Glad the batteries are still holding a good charge, they are tough little machines. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    simswhoplaysimssimswhoplaysims Posts: 2 New Member
    Ugh! I'm so conflicted about getting the switch. I feel like it would be bad to buy it just to play Zelda though.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited March 2017
    A bit of a bump here but I come to update the situation revolving around this error Nintendo has with the Switch.

My Nintendo Switch is currently at Nintendo's repair unit in California because the dock left some light scratches on the left bezel. I already ordered some of the best screen protectors for it and I suggest you all (planning to buy the Switch) to do the same, you can't trust the dock to not scratch your screen with no screen protector. :lol:

The Switch is made entirely out of plastic with the screen being a layered kind of plastic that's easily scratch-able on the surface. I've got friends who use this screen protector and they've tested it many times with positive results.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

( I miss my Nintendo Switch... these past 3 days have been long and dull without it. :'[ )
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Cheers mate, Thanks for the heads-up @Trowicia
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I haven't bought a Switch yet, mainly because of it's lack of games and ridiculous price (I'm saving for a PS4 anyway). But one thing that really bugs me is that you have to pay for multiplayer. I always saw Nintendo as the sort of company that would never make people pay for premiums or online modes, but alas they are. I guess that's my problem for being protective over my money, but I love playing games like SSB online, so having to pay for that would be really annoying for me.

I'm also just not that amazed by it; it's vibration precision and portability is pretty awesome, but at the same time I'm not too desperate to run out and buy it! If it was backwards compatible, I would be more inclined to get it, but it's not. I never bought a Wii U, so I would have loved the Switch to be backwards compatible to allow me to play the games I missed out on (*cough* SSB4 for Wii U *cough*), and it would have earned Nintendo more sales on Wii U games in the long run!

Anyways, I know one of my friends is really loving Breath of the Wild on her new Switch, so I guess to each their own.
  • Options
    Breath of the Wild is what really got me into Switch, Wii U was amazing but was sorta boring to play alone. It's much better when played with a group.