Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 years, and STILL without transportation.

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's possible the cars like the sims 2. If the vehicles don't coming it's pure laziness of the producer. -_-
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2017
    I was hoping to see transportation in City Living, since it would make sense to have your own car to get around the big city. It would have been even nicer if your Sims could have hired a taxi and they could have turned up at a certain time. It seems pathetic that all these cars and taxis are driving by when we're playing, but we can't have anything to do with them!

I felt the same until I saw San Myshuno - it's tiny.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Teleportation is for sci-fi. Down here we either walk or use some sort of vehicle, which Sims1-3 mirrored. To not have them - even S1 & S2 variety - is a major lack, at least in terms of reality simulation of how to get from point A to point B. Having cars you can work on to either sell or use would be great as well. I'm a Chevy man myself, but I thought it was really cool when Maxis partnered with Ford or whoever so that sim versions of various real Fords were available. I had those things everywhere. Now if only they had included an Impala SS-396...
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I was hoping to see transportation in City Living, since it would make sense to have your own car to get around the big city. It would have been even nicer if your Sims could have hired a taxi and they could have turned up at a certain time. It seems pathetic that all these cars and taxis are driving by when we're playing, but we can't have anything to do with them!

You've never actually lived in a city before havve you? lol :p
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited March 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Driving in DC be like...
    33aq611.jpg
    (actual picture BTW)

But still it would've been cool for our sims to experience it. I mean, not watching them in traffic, but seeing them return home with an Angry Buff because of crappy city traffic. Traffic is city living..lol
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I miss the beautiful sports cars I had from that Prince guy.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Don't hold your breath, it's never gonna be included. Most we can hope for is a garage, driveway, and immobile car that can be clicked on the activate the normal travel menu.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    klairabellaklairabella Posts: 13 New Member
    I miss the carpools and the option to buy vehicles. I used to save all my sims funds so they could purchase a vehicle.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

Depending in what city you live in. Traffics aren't big here, so. People still do drive a lot here. And besides, what about public transporations? We had subways in Late Night, so......
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    Don't hold your breath, it's never gonna be included. Most we can hope for is a garage, driveway, and immobile car that can be clicked on the activate the normal travel menu.

Some people said the same thing about toddlers. And guess what? Surprise, surprise, EA added toddlers. So the same could happen with cars since EA knows that there is players that want their Sims to drive cars and not teleport every where.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017

Depending in what city you live in. Traffics aren't big here, so. People still do drive a lot here. And besides, what about public transporations? We had subways in Late Night, so......

Yeah lots of people drive in and around the city...that's the whole problem. :p
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Well, they did give us toddlers. And I was like 99.9% convinced that we would never see them in Sims 4. But with that being said, I'm still very much on the fence with cars. I want them back so badly, and ridable bikes too. And skateboards, roller skates, pogo sticks, etc. I hope they give them to us. And I also hope they figure out a way to at least stop the loading screens when you visit your neighbors. The load screens really kill it for me. I detest them.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Some people said the same thing about toddlers. And guess what? Surprise, surprise, EA added toddlers. So the same could happen with cars since EA knows that there is players that want their Sims to drive cars and not teleport every where.
    The difference is that from the very beginning there have been hints in the code that toddlers were planned to be in there. I don't believe the same goes for transportation?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

The difference is that from the very beginning there have been hints in the code that toddlers were planned to be in there. I don't believe the same goes for transportation?

Not only that, but people fail to realize just how difficult it is to include cars in retrospect. None of the roads we have are programmed for cars, some of the neighborhoods don't even have the existence of cars in mind (Windenburg, San Myshuno), and without an open world, we're back to Sims 2 level of detail for cars....except Sims 2 did have road functionality for the direct lot, whereas Sims 4 cannot. Just go through the neighborhoods we have and you'll find plenty of them that simply wouldn't be able to provide any car mobility without the entire world being redesigned, which that itself is something the SimGurus have said would result in our current save files being incompatible with the updated worlds.

Never ever going to happen ever. As I said, most we can hope for is garage and driveway tools along with non-functional cars that have a "Travel..." option when you click on them.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

Not only that, but people fail to realize just how difficult it is to include cars in retrospect. None of the roads we have are programmed for cars, some of the neighborhoods don't even have the existence of cars in mind (Windenburg, San Myshuno), and without an open world, we're back to Sims 2 level of detail for cars....except Sims 2 did have road functionality for the direct lot, whereas Sims 4 cannot. Just go through the neighborhoods we have and you'll find plenty of them that simply wouldn't be able to provide any car mobility without the entire world being redesigned, which that itself is something the SimGurus have said would result in our current save files being incompatible with the updated worlds.

Never ever going to happen ever. As I said, most we can hope for is garage and driveway tools along with non-functional cars that have a "Travel..." option when you click on them.
    Indeed. I think if transportation will ever be in the game (horses?), it will probably be in specific, new neighborhoods.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I would be happy with TS2 level of detail for cars. Watching the car move around isn't the part of cars that interest me anyway.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I would be happy with TS2 level of detail for cars. Watching the car move around isn't the part of cars that interest me anyway.

yes the cars in sims 2 were way better then in 3 in sims 3 they were kind of like loading screens
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited March 2017

yes the cars in sims 2 were way better then in 3 in sims 3 they were kind of like loading screens
    Considering a loading screens is static: no. Travelling by car for some people (like me) is literally part of gameplay and never ever the same (in contrast to car animations in a carport). Besides, this kind of nonsense is derailing this topic, because it's clear Sims 4 will never have a car driving through a landscape. Alas. It's clear people are talking about the Sims 2 type of car (there is one in Sims 3 as well by the way).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

It is talked about transportation in general. Not limited to "cars". Winderburg could have bikes for tight spaces and boats for crossing the island.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Considering a loading screens is static: no. Travelling by car for some people (like me) is literally part of gameplay and never ever the same (in contrast to car animations in a carport). Besides, this kind of nonsense is derailing this topic, because it's clear Sims 4 will never have a car driving through a landscape. Alas. It's clear people are talking about the Sims 2 type of car (there is one in Sims 3 as well by the way).

They could make cars that move around the neighborhoods, or not.
  • Options
    Let's not forget that we once had helicopters, bikes and motorcycles that technically don't need a road :#
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

This makes me sad. :( You'd think it would have been thought of and coded into the game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I Miss the interaction from Sims where you can sit and listen to radio like in Sims 2 and amongst other things but I also miss teaching teens to drive in Sims 3.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    Couldn't they add the coding for cars in patches? I mean that's what patches is for, is to add or change some of the game codes that wasn't originally in the base game to start off with. So I can't see why they can't add cars to the game.