Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 years, and STILL without transportation.

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
We still really need transportation in this game. Even if its just carpools for now. One of my favorite goals when climbing up the career ladder in the previous Sims games was seeing their new carpool at each promotion.
Where are they Sims Team?!?

Comments

• BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree. I know that a lot of people argue that it being a closed world makes transportation useless, but TS2 was a closed world as well and I will never forget or stop appreciating the value of seeing a car/van/school bus pull up to the curb and bounce as people get out. It's still weird seeing the delivery guy in TS4 come jogging in out of nowhere. As if any delivery guy servicing that number of districts would just up and decide it was best to get a sniff of fresh air and a workout on the way to their next destination.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited March 2017
    you are hoping in vain
    todds were included because there was no fake todds in the game
    but from the beginning there were fake cars, fake tram, fake ships & so on
    since GT those fakes were improved in detail, CL introduced even more of those fakes, even fake pedestrians to enliven the surroundings
    the devs wouldn't go to so much trouble to include & improve all those fakes just to replace them later with actual transportation

this is not going to happen in TS4
    the best there can be is a car a sim can tinker on, but probably it will be made rather by a modder than a dev

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I miss transportation. I like seeing the different car pools too as sims get promoted. I miss the school bus as well. It frustrates me when people say cars in the sims 2 were useless. Sims could sit in them, listen to music, make out and woohoo in them and even take their kids to school.
    Carpools and the school bus have been part of the game since the sims 1. I still don't understand why they got rid of them.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @meeoun I have fond memories of TS1 and waiting for a carpool to arrive as a Sim got a promotion. In business you would start with the 'junky' which would then become 'standard' followed by sports car and then finally the limo. It was the same in TS2 although after the addition of cars n Nightlife the novelty of carpools wore off a bit. In TS3 considering owned cars where in the base I never took much notice of the carpools anyway as my Sims often have their own cars.

But the carpool is as much as part of the TS1 experience as much as the famous fires, the anger of waking a Sim up and the iconic whistle of the newspaper girl. :smile:

Perhaps, just for old times sake, maybe someone could reintroduce the car pool. I mean it is not really that realistic that Sims teleport everywhere

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    We still really need transportation in this game. Even if its just carpools for now. One of my favorite goals when climbing up the career ladder in the previous Sims games was seeing their new carpool at each promotion.
    Where are they Sims Team?!?

No, I don't think so. You just teach your sim to teleport. It is much better. :wink:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I don't care all that much about car pools (especially when the car is eventually replaced by a helicopter... so loud!), but I'd love to have drivable cars and other vehicles mostly for storytelling reasons.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    you are hoping in vain
    since GT those fakes were improved in detail, CL introduced even more of those fakes, even fake pedestrians to enliven the surroundings
    the devs wouldn't go to so much trouble to include & improve all those fakes just to replace them later with actual transportation

the best there can be is a car a sim can tinker on, but probably it will be made rather by a modder than a dev

Bridgeport had fake cars...
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SophienchenSophienchen Posts: 6 New Member
    Nah, I'm totally fine without cars, school buses and carpools, but especially carpools, because, to be honest, I never heard of them before I played TS3 xD I don't know, but I never heard of anyone in real life who is taken by a carpool for work, but maybe that's just me ;) Ok, I don't like the teleporting thing in TS4, too, but I just use my imagination for this o:)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For the existing neighborhoods I think it's not possible. But in new ones?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I love the angry walk the mail Man/Woman does on the side walk.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    you are hoping in vain

You could drive the cars though????????
    giphy_1.gif
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Car pools were fine. Once you could afford your own car, you could select that as your means of transportation to work. At least that how I recall it being done. It was certainly better than the lazy teleport method in TS4.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    you are hoping in vain

I'm talking about the taxis that drove of at random as FX, to point out to @Rukola_Schaaf that his/her prediction might not be a set in stone.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I can kinda tell by the way the lots are not all laid out on proper streets that their intention was to skip cars all together.
    Having said that Bikes would make pracitcal sense in TS4 especially in scenarios when the sim is really uncomfortable leaving a venue headed home.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    you are hoping in vain

I'm talking about the taxis that drove of at random as FX, to point out to @Rukola_Schaaf that his/her prediction might not be a set in stone.

You can at least ride in a taxi. If your sim didn't have a car and needed to get somewhere and you were with a group a taxi would roll up to take take you to the subway station or your destination.
    Do we have that here? No.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    @meeoun I can already tell this thread will be a ts3 vs 4 thread :disappointed:
    giphy_1.gif
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Seems that way.
    (΄◉◞౪◟◉`)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I shouldn't be that way but it usually ends up being like that. Maybe it is just telling that TS4 is lacking compared to TS3? I am not trying to add any more fuel to the fire here but one thing that a lot of players feel upset about TS4 is that it does not have the content that they want and used to have in the previous games.

Cars are a popular feature and after everything it is about time that they where reintroduced
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I shouldn't be that way but it usually ends up being like that. Maybe it is just telling that TS4 is lacking compared to TS3? I am not trying to add any more fuel to the fire here but one thing that a lot of players feel upset about TS4 is that it does not have the content that they want and used to have in the previous games.

Cars are a popular feature and after everything it is about time that they where reintroduced
    I agree with this.

I would go as far to say the TS4 is lacking compared to the sims 2 as well. Even to the sims 1 to an extent with certain things. Hot date for example introduced loads of social interactions for romance the sims 4 still doesn't have 3 expansions in.

This thread doesn't have to be a sims 4 vs anything. Cars are a missed feature. One of many missed features we may or may not get back in the future. I expect if we get cars it will no doubt be in a stuff pack :|

• CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    I think having a car would make the game complete for me, but I agree with a few others; it's not going to happen.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2017
    the cars were best in sim 2 I don't think sims 3 cars were very good
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    the cars were best in sim 2 I don't think sims 3 cars were very good

To some degree, I think TS2 cars were a better experience (especially with actual animations rather than teleportation and more car features), but TS3 transportation was really great. Cars, bikes, brooms, horses, etc., and all of which could be customized? Really awesome.

TS4 got neither, unfortunately. Maybe that's just another reason why it's rated severely lower than both TS2 and TS3..
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    I agree.
    While I would prefer a Siims 3 open world with Cars being used to their full extend I am realist enough to assume that it will never ever happen, because of limittaions in the engine.
    But that we don't even have Sims 1 and Sims 2 modes of transportation (i.e. getting taken to work/school via car pool / school bus or, later, be able to buy your own car in order to drive home/to school) is a huge step backwards from all previous parts of The Sims.

It is like the introduction of the magic wardrobe in Sims 3 being a huge step backwrds from Sims 2 (where you actually had to buy clothes)
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2017
    I was hoping to see transportation in City Living, since it would make sense to have your own car to get around the big city. It would have been even nicer if your Sims could have hired a taxi and they could have turned up at a certain time. It seems pathetic that all these cars and taxis are driving by when we're playing, but we can't have anything to do with them!
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Honestly, the lack of carpooling and such is pure laziness from the dev team. Here's to hoping another person will mod the game to make up for the lack of initiative taken by Maxis.